Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

Hi, to all you OCTOBER 2010 Bandsters I'm a OCTOBER 2009 Bandster. I'm telling you hang on to ur hats. because I know how excited, nervous you all are and let me tell you, theirs gonna be good days and some bad. But the good out ways the bad by tons.

CindyLou,

Thanks SO much for the words of encouragement. I can't wait to get started, I've been thinking about this for years and figured I could do it on my own, I did on and off for two years but I'm ready to commit to a new lifestyle. I really can't wait, I have my clothes all arranged by size and I'm donating everything as I shrink out of them! :wub:

John

Hi Boo's

Just got my date of 10/2 today! No time like the present.

Wow, coming up fast!:wub:

Hi everyone!

I just got approved yesterday! I am scheduled for surgery on Oct. 12th. I started this long journey on March 20th and now my surgery is almost here!! We all need to keep each other posted on our progress before and after surgery.

October 2010 will be our second "birthday" every year.

WOO HOO!!

My surgery is October 4.

My son is in the Army and going to be in the field for a month (he is going to drive me and stay a few days) so the Doctor was kind enough to schedule me quick.

I have 2 weeks of liquid diet which begins on Monday. I am sure I will be eating all the favorites this weekend.

Anyone October Bandsters in Dallas?

Hi - I'm new here. I had my consultation today and my surgery date was set for October 11. Looking forward to meeting all of you and starting this journey together!

-Roxy

My surgery is October 4.

My son is in the Army and going to be in the field for a month (he is going to drive me and stay a few days) so the Doctor was kind enough to schedule me quick.

I have 2 weeks of liquid diet which begins on Monday. I am sure I will be eating all the favorites this weekend.

Anyone October Bandsters in Dallas?

Hi bayareanan!

I'm not in Dallas, but I'm close. I'm in Fort Worth and my surgery is Oct. 12th. I'll be doing a 2 week liquid diet also.

Your son sounds like a very nice young man. I wish you a smooth surgery and fast recovery.

If you don't mind me asking, who is your surgeon?

crecia1975,

My surgeon is Dr Victor Gonzalez and I will be having the procedure at Medical City. I work for the hospital and dont have to pay a deductable if I go there. Dr Gonzalez was the only doctor I found that took my insurance so that is how I made my decision.

Getting closer! Yay we have some more with approval for October :wub:

Good luck Boo's!

:wub: Super Duper Excited!!!

I found out yesterday I am finally approved! And today I got my surgery date. OCTOBER 4th is the day I get to start my journey! YAY!!!! I will have an overnite stay and I plan on taking one week off of work. Sunday the 19th of Sept I have to start my two week preop Protein shake fest! I have to do Medifast shakes twice a day and then a under 500 calorie meal. YAY!!

Hey October Bandsters! I have my surgery date to. It's October 11th! Can't wait! Ready to start this new chapter of my life!!!:thumbup:

Hi All,

I am to be banded Oct 7th in Australia.

I have a question and it may seem like a whinge but that Optifast is YUCK do any of you have any ideas how to hide the taste of it.

I have finished all my tests and my pre-admission visit so I guess its all go.

Does the Dr. set the goals for you with regard to how much weight you want to lose.

They did ask me what my goal was and its to be off medication by xmas 2011.

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer. "

Good luck everyone:thumbup:

Got my surgery date today for Oct 6th. Now I am getting nervous and as usual afraid of failing.

@ va_viv....yes I did the upper GI and it was fast and easy. Took longer to get the hospital gown on than the test took.

I will meet with the dietitian next week and find out about pre op fasting. Yuk. Can't believe I am really on my way.

Well I want to throw my hat into the mix... I am all set for Oct. 5th ... Big step.. Have been drinking my shakes.. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is my choice chocolate flavor.. Having my surgery up here in Maine.. Cant wait for the time to go by as I have been crossing off each day.. I am planning on having one last meal here real quick a Thanksgiving dinner to be thankful for what I am about to leave behind... An unhealty life style. This will be a great month for this group..

Bill

Ok October bandsters I was originally a September 17th bandster, yes tomorrow, but, I am now joining you in October. Here's what happened.

My surgery was scheduled for Friday the 17th, but, I got a call from the hospital this past Monday and was told that all 20 lapband surgeries scheduled for September (16th and 17th) were cancelled due to a shortage of a surgical drug that the hospital could not get until the end of the month. I could not believe my ears!!! This was my 10th day of the miserable 2 week Protein pre-op diet required by the doc. I was in shock to say the least!!! Anyhow, I continued the diet until the next day thinking, there is no way that they would cancel 20 people. I called the hospital at noon the next day hoping that it was a mistake or hoped to hear that they borrowed the drug from another hospital. Unfortunately, it was no mistake and no drug was available and my new surgery date is now October 4th. I went off the diet right after talking to the hospital. I will restart the pre-op diet this coming Monday. :-( So close but what could I do? I'm looking forward to next month.