Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let me count the ways it has changed my life:

First it has helped me lose nearly 50 lbs in 4 months. But it has done so much more than that...

Feeling better got me motivated to exercise.

Exercising alone got me thinking I wanted to have someone to exercise with so I posted an ad under activity partners on craigs list.

The ad resulted in a response which from the first email I knew was something special and has magically and wonderfully resulted in my meeting the man I have been waiting for all of my life. Two days ago asked me to marry him and 10 seconds after t hat I said yes. He is my soulmate and would not care a whit if I did not lose another pound but has been very supportive and just wants me to get to whatever weight makes me happy. What more can you ask for?

Now I just want to lose another 50 by March 19th of next year so I can look smoking hot in my white flapper dress!

So, yes, I LOVE my band - it has brought nothing but good things into my life. :lol:

Edited by Windus

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Best of Luck to you and WOW, I hope when I am able to get the band it brings me half as much joy as it has brought to you!!

Wow! Congratulations!

I LOVE My Band too!

-Down 85 lbs since May 1st, 2010.

-All previous health & metabolic issues have left me (pre- diabetic, sleep apnea, high BP, back pain...on and on)

-I'm beginning to fall in love with myself for the first time.

-My self esteem is growing everyday!

I love my band and all the support of my friends, family, and this awesome online community!!!

God Bless,

Rebecca

Edited by peprmentpati

That's awesome!!!!

Great story! Congrats!

(I am now yelling at my band for not bringing me a man!!!!)LOL

You should advertise for your surgeon: Get a man with each lapband! :lol:

That is nice to hear. I am one day post op and hating my band, so stories like this bring me hope that each day will be better! Congratulations to you!

Wow awesome stories! I'm looking forward to falling in love with myself! I will be banded on Aug 25th and I'm so looking forward to my new life.

WONDERFUL post i luv to read posts like this makes me want to get my band sooner...already have a man but who says i cant have more...JUST KIDDING he he thanks for the great post!!:mad::lol::scared2:

Wow! That was an inspirational post. I'm don't love or hate my band. I'm disappointed in my band however, because I haven't lost anything in 4 months...and I'm still with my same old man :lol: My band must be defective, because yours is doing so much for you. LOL! Congrats on your success and your on your engagement. My next stop is Craigs List ; D

Congratulations on your weight loss and meeting you to be husband! So many amazing things start happening when you feel better and are motivated to change. I wish you both the very best!

That is nice to hear. I am one day post op and hating my band, so stories like this bring me hope that each day will be better! Congratulations to you!

Joonbug, I am sorry to hear this...but I will say and many others will tell you, it does get better. Many of us had that "What the EFF did I do to myself?" moment and some of us still do. Everyone who knows about my band find it funny that I always comment...."Man, it's times like this that I wish I had my "big" stomach!" Honey, work with it, and your band will bring you all the possibilities you will allow it. Use your tool and allow yourself your healing time..before you make up your mind. :confused:

Congratulations!!!!! So great to hear good stories here!

I, too, love my band.

I've lost 62 pounds in 6 months.

I no longer have acid reflux and I look forward to going to my doctor in October and see if I can get off my blood pressure meds and my PCOS meds!

I can now sleep IN bed WITH my husband.

I no longer snore.

I feel like LIVING again.

Like a poster above said "I'm falling in love with myself" all over again.

I realize that I AM worthwhile and I'm so happy that I'm doing something FOR ME.