Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TMI ALERT!! (Consider yourself warned)

So I started the pre-op diet yesterday of full liquids and I think my intestines are in shock, I have had nothing but diarrhea. Seriously, I'm afraid to leave my house and I'm going to need more toilet paper if its going to be two more weeks of this.

Imodium would be ok but not for two weeks. Did this happen to anyone else? :(

Yes, until I started eating solid foods again.

Hi rkwilliams1013, I read on this site that a numbers members

had the same problem.

My date is not until September 30. so I have done

the pre-od- diet

I started my pre op diet yesterday as well. This is torture, I'm starving. I have a headache. What can I eat without having to sabotage? Help please!!!

Well, for those of you who have yet to start your pre-op diets, let this be a warning to you to start popping the imodium now and stock up on some extra TP.

JerseyDiva, here's what I did to keep from starving- I eat SOMETHING every two hours. I had a Protein Shake at 8 am, a carb control yogurt at 10 am, a Protein shake at 12, and sugar free pudding cup at 2pm and PLENTY of Water. My surgeon says not to chew gum because it stimulates peristalsis which causes hunger. If i'm not eating something, I'm drinking... water, crystal lite, Powerade zero, anything calorie free.

You can do it! We're here to help! Hang in there!

Thanks rkwilliams! I will try to do it that way!!!

My husband and I are on Day 6 of the pre-op diet. It's not as bad as I thought. I had diarrhea the first 3 days, now I just can't go :(. I just keep thinking that it's for the best. My surgeon does not want us to drink anything other than Water, but our nutritionist said we could have some low fat milk in between. Not my ideal diet, but I'm committed. Surgery is scheduled for Thursday the 26th

If my insurance approves the surgery, I'll be starting the pre-op diet the 1st week of Sept. Thanks for the info....

weight.png

It makes sense its there's no solids going in there's not going to be solids coming out!! (sorry, gross nurse humor!)

Something I did and it helped since I had to do my 2 week Pre-op during 4th of July, was eat a few stalks of celery during the day. Nothing on it but a little salt but the extra Fiber helped me keep from having the "surprises."

My surgery is scheduled for the same date a.vazquez84!!! yay! Aug 26th. I was told I only h ave to do one week of liquid diet prior to surgery

My surgery is scheduled for the same date a.vazquez84!!! yay! Aug 26th. I was told I only h ave to do one week of liquid diet prior to surgery

Wow Lauren your lucky that you only have to do a 1 week pre-op i was supposed to do a 2 week put choose to start 1 week early feeling really good right now!! whoot whoot!

My diet was 2 weeks of Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only (no yogurt, pudding, etc). I laughed when I started having pink diarrhea because of all the crystal lite I was drinking.

My doc didn't actually require a two week pre-op diet, but I needed some time to wean myself from all my bad habits and my addiction to diet coke. So I started with a week of full liquids and then a week of clear liquids.

At first I felt completely drained of energy, but yesterday I actually had enough gusto for a power walk around my neighborhood.

So far, not as bad as I thought minus the diarrhea.