Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Annoyed at my husband

I don't know if it's just me not feeling good, the smells of the fast food my husband and his brother are bringing home, or my husband going out to eat almost every dinner since I got on liquid diet because I'm not cooking and I guess they are too lazy to do it. When I felt fine we wouldn't go out much cuz my husband would complain about getting fat and stuff, he wears a medium shirt he's just got it all in his head.. But as soon as I'm off my feet they go eat the good stuff and I'm here sipping liquids meh sorry I'm just annoyed and he tells me I have no reason to be and that it's probably just cuz I don't feel good that I'm being unfair... I just wanted to vent that :lol:

I'm sorry you have to go through that! That is very cruel! Especially since you're on a liquid only diet.... Best of luck to ya!

I hear ya girl! I am feeling the same kind of animosity over this way! LOL.. Everytime a fast food commercial would come on my husband and my daughters are like, "Oh Mom!! Doesn't that look good!?" Or, "Wow Dad, I'm starving, I haven't ate in four hours, can we go grab something." I was STEAMING on the inside! I stomped upstairs today all loud and wrong and they had the freakin' audacity to say, "What's wrong?" On the inside I thought, "Okay a-holes... " But on the outside, I gave a glare and said, "Umm I think you know what's wrong!" LOL We will be just fine girl! Best of luck!

I think you should tell them they have to eat out and not bring it home. Other than that you can't really complain that they are eating when you can't. FYI I am on day five of Clear Liquids and miserable.

I agree with the previous poster! If they're going to go OUT to pick up dinner, then they should eat it there and show you a little compassion. MEN! :smile2:

Luckily my husband would try to eat when he wasn't around me or at least not in the same room. He was very considerate. But also remember, he is not on a liquid diet. I'm saying this because neither of you should be punished but both should be a little more compassionate. I found that the low carb and liquid diets made me cranky... esp. during that time of the month. So I had to control my emotions. Just remember, this will pass and you will be able to eat food again! Not as much but you will be able to feel human again.

Honestly, I've come to realize that I shouldn't expect the people around me to change just because I am. And I think everyone else should realize the same thing too. My mom brings home doughnuts, ice cream, little debbie treats, etc. That's her choice though, and I can't stop her. I can't expect her to change. I can't make that decision for her.

Honestly, I've come to realize that I shouldn't expect the people around me to change just because I am. And I think everyone else should realize the same thing too. My mom brings home doughnuts, ice cream, little debbie treats, etc. That's her choice though, and I can't stop her. I can't expect her to change. I can't make that decision for her.

Although I do agree that people around you shouldnt have to change their habits, I do feel that a little bit of support is warranted. Having the fast food right under her nose is not very nice especially since they are only eating it because she isnt cooking at this time.

With all that said, my advice is to try and take this time to realise how much effort and change is in your future. I am only banded since 4/29 and learning more of my strengths and weaknesses daily. If your family isnt going to be more considerate, chalk up your willpower to stay on liquids as a mini victory and hold your head high.

Good luck on your journey.:lol:

Thanks for the replies and they have had alot more fast food in the house and i just have to get used to the fact that they love food too at least im not starving or anything yet lol.. They dont go out to eat when i cook for them meaning in short they are lazy and if i dont cook someone in a uniform does, but im feeling better ill probably start cooking again monday unless its over 100 degrees aain next week and we dont have an air conditioner i refuse to leave my cold cave of a room then lol i mean i am on solid food again i could cheat but i really dont want to and that there is the most important thing i think!

Just remind them they are not eating the "good stuff" as you said. What they are eating is far more harmful to their bodies than allot of things.