Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Just wanted to say hi to everybody and to see how everybody is doing.

Hi Tylee...I guess I am doing O.K.......but I need to step it up a notch! I only have 40 pounds to go and have to really focus on what I am doing. I could be comfortable at my current weight, it is easy! I can eat and drink what I want. But that isn't enough for me, so I am going to have to really buckle down, re-read the rules......protein, Protein, protein! Exercise, exercise, exercise! Count those darn calories.....every bite!:Banane04: Well I am off to exercise.....just thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

Kelly! I could have written your post word for word. I need to focus on my Protein big time and this week, I've gone to the time 3x, so that's good for me.

I have about 28lbs to lose for my mini goal - which will put me at 120 - however, I know for my height, I could go down to 100lbs (I'm 4'9) but I don't want to struggle with to maintain that little weight.

I love these posts and it helps keep me focus, we can do it!

My weight loss has stopped. I started to track my calories and exercise and made sure i only had 1200 calories a day. Well, my body objected, i got constipated, frustrated and depressed and my weight still did not move - i persevered for 3 weeks. I have now gone back to eating and not tracking and things are back to normal but still my weight stays the same - up and down 1 kg (fluid i expect). I am frustrated i am not loosing but happy i am not gaining as would have happened before the band. I am starting to get a little heart burn and have a sore tongue and the roof of my mouth has been peeling - any suggestions on what that could be? I am also spotting between my irregular TOM, could that be hormonal associated with weight loss, or menopause? I really should go to the doctor.

For all my complaints i really am doing quite well. Hope every one else is hanging in there.

Cheers.

Jan the spotting could be due to either. You should get your hormones checked. That may help you a great deal.

Way to go Shadena and Khloe!! I'm now down to 165 and a size 10. I'm wanting to lose about 20 more though.

Jan - Have them check your hormone levels.

I'm scheduled for my hysterectomy on Thursday. Ready to get this out of the way, so hopefully that I can feel normal again. Whatever normal happens to be. The pain has really affected my exercise routine to the point where I haven't worked out since April 19. I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things and starting back for those fills. I'm losing, but it is agonizingly slow. I'm only averaging about 3-4 pounds a month right now.

My weight loss has stopped. I started to track my calories and exercise and made sure i only had 1200 calories a day. Well, my body objected, i got constipated, frustrated and depressed and my weight still did not move - i persevered for 3 weeks. I have now gone back to eating and not tracking and things are back to normal but still my weight stays the same - up and down 1 kg (fluid i expect). I am frustrated i am not loosing but happy i am not gaining as would have happened before the band. I am starting to get a little heart burn and have a sore tongue and the roof of my mouth has been peeling - any suggestions on what that could be? I am also spotting between my irregular TOM, could that be hormonal associated with weight loss, or menopause? I really should go to the doctor.

For all my complaints i really am doing quite well. Hope every one else is hanging in there.

Cheers.

Well how old are you for one thing? Do you have any food allergies? I also have not lost one single pound in 3 months, but have dropped 3 sizes.....so in essence, don't always go off the scale! My body has shifted sooooooo much in the last 3 months that even everyone around me is saying "dang girl you are looking good!" Even though 3 months ago I was at the same weight !:P

Hey everyone! It's been a while. I was reading many of the posts and congrats to all of you. I know many of you have hit a wall and I really just wanted to share my story with everyone on my journey thus far:

When I got banned I was so extremely happy. I took only one pain pill which was directly after surgery and no more after that. I was very lucky. Well my battle began on my first fill which was 6 weeks after my surgery. I went to a fill center, which had told me my port had flipped so the next morning I flew to CA to go into Mexico so my surgeon could fix my port but I only went to find out my port had not flipped, but instead she(the lady from the fill center) didn't push the needle into my port hard enough. So my Dr went ahead and "filled" me. I say "filled" because that night I was so hungry as though I had no Fluid in my port. Well I called the fill center two weeks later and they told me I had to wait a few more weeks to get a fill. So the day I go in for my fill the lady goes, " hmm you have no Fluid in here".. I said well he (the Dr.) told me he put fluid in and I even saw it. She then says well maybe when he sat you up the needle actually came out so the fluid went into your system instead of the port. So she proceeds to put 2 CCs in my 4cc band. Wow is all I could say about that fill because at this point it's Mid October and I am just now having my 1st fill. So lets just say 2ccs was too much and I went back after a month of constantly saying I needed an unfill. I could barely eat and things were constantly coming up. Now in November I went in for .5 cc unfill and I could then eat a bit better. I could take some bites go walking and come back to it. Finally Thanksgiving was the first meal I was able to eat and didn't have it coming back up. YAY for that day. for a full month I was able to control and manage my eating and found a way that worked for me. January then came. By mid January I was aspirating in my sleep. I called the fill center and went in to have them remove all my fluid. I just went in for a fill since January a few weeks ago. The fill Dr put in 1.8 cc's. I am thinking it's a bit much but I am just dealing with it. I wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn, and I am waiting on a referral to go get an upper GI to make sure my band hasn't slipped.

So Here I am still super excited through all this pain lol. I started off at around 350 and went down to 269. When I had no fluid in I only gained 14 pounds in 5 months. Which means I was still eating pretty well. Since my new fill I am back to 270. I am trying to adjust to this fill because of the nightly issues. I am super excited about this adventure though because I am in a size 18 and I know when I finally get my brain and band to work together I am going to be unstoppable just like many of you are. So you guys keep pushing and very very proud of you all!

Weighed this morning, and I was so excited. I normally gain weight after a surgery, but I actually lost this go around. Having a hard time eating, and I certainly can't exercise. I just planned our Labor Day weekend trip for my family. My dad is turning 65 and my baby is turning 3 that weekend, so we are going to the coast for a long weekend. I want to lose 14 pounds before then.

OK, I have GOT to ask. Is anyone else experience embarrassing, almost uncontrollable gas? I don't mean the burping kind! It started after surgery and has continued to get worse and worse. I am at a point now where it's almost daily where I'm bloated and my stomach feels like it's going to burst and if I don't walk and pass gas, I am in pain all day long. Why is this happening? Is anyone else experiencing and if so, how are you coping with it?

Well Jamie we all expell gas 14 to 16 times a day.....that is just a fact of life! Maybe you just notice it know because you are uber aware of your body!

OK, I have GOT to ask. Is anyone else experience embarrassing, almost uncontrollable gas? I don't mean the burping kind! It started after surgery and has continued to get worse and worse. I am at a point now where it's almost daily where I'm bloated and my stomach feels like it's going to burst and if I don't walk and pass gas, I am in pain all day long. Why is this happening? Is anyone else experiencing and if so, how are you coping with it?

Well Jamie we all expell gas 14 to 16 times a day.....that is just a fact of life! Maybe you just notice it know because you are uber aware of your body!

Normal gas is one thing, this is uncontrollable gas , where I have to walk away from people mid sentence at times because I am afraid of what might happen. I assume this is not normal

I did that for the first couple of months, but it got better. Have you tried maybe taking beano or using the strips?

Yes! I've never had this problem before now. It seems to get better when I dont have dairy or Protein Drinks. I keep gasX with me at all times and that really has cut down on it too. I've also taken beano if I knew I was going to be eating something that may give me problems.

I have a very close friend who is also banded and she has the same problem! She's the one who recommended the gasx!! :)