Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

All of this can be frustrating huh? I have thyroid disease and just got my does of meds upped again . I get frustrated at how slow i lose....We all are kinda in the same boat huh?

Jennifer

Hi everyone. :) I don't know how many of y'all remember me....~ I was banded on August 13, 2010.......... and on October 5, 2010 I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant. Yep~ I was just about 3-4 weeks pregnant when I had the surgery. I also had two fills in that time span under fluoro..... I was SO scared of potential effects all this would have on our child...... All totally unexpected - we were on the pill - very long story that I shared back here last Fall. Anyway.......... I wanted to share that amazingly our perfectly healthy baby boy, Carson, was born on March 29, 2011. He weighed 7 lb 14 oz, 19" long. I gained ZERO. :) I never got "unfilled".... and had no complications, and by the grace of God the docs say he is perfect. :)

Just wanted to share.....

let the weightloss begin! haha~

Hi everyone. :) I don't know how many of y'all remember me....~ I was banded on August 13, 2010.......... and on October 5, 2010 I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant. Yep~ I was just about 3-4 weeks pregnant when I had the surgery. I also had two fills in that time span under fluoro..... I was SO scared of potential effects all this would have on our child...... All totally unexpected - we were on the pill - very long story that I shared back here last Fall. Anyway.......... I wanted to share that amazingly our perfectly healthy baby boy, Carson, was born on March 29, 2011. He weighed 7 lb 14 oz, 19" long. I gained ZERO. :) I never got "unfilled".... and had no complications, and by the grace of God the docs say he is perfect. :)

OMG!!!! I remember you!!! Congratulations on both the baby and the Weight!!!!! I am so glad to here that everything went well!!!!

Michele,

Yes, I remember your story. Congrats on your healthy baby boy! What a blessing. How encouraging for others to hear about no weight gain etc.

Ladies and gents,

My weight loss seems to have slowed down, rather frustrating, but I am losing 3-4 pounds a month, I feel incredible and am going scuba diving.. I have not dove for 7 years due to the excess weight. I have lost 62 pounds and am at my weight for last time I went.

I would like to lose another 20- 25 pounds am trying to be patient and know that is doable by August.

Bonnie

Hey everyone!! I haven't checked in on this thread for awhile even though I am an August Bandster as well! I was banded on 8-10-10 and am currently down 63 pounds and am absolutely thrilled about that! I feel better, I look better, I'm able to move better. It's great. I am desperately needing to refocus myself and my health, though. I've been going up and down with the same five pounds for six weeks now, mainly because I'm loosening up on my eating habits. So I have planned out my menu for this week and plan on sticking to it. Another downfall for me is drinking alcohol. I don't do it as much as I used to, but still probably more than I should. Again, that's a focus fo the week -- no drinking. Lastly, I know that I need to step up on my exercise. I had been doing so well and have falled out of that habit as well. So I am vowing to exercise three times this week. All these are things that we know we should do -- now it's just time for me to do them!! It's great to hear success stories from all of you -- let's hope we all keep moving the same direction and keep losing whatever we need!! :o)

Michelle - I was thinking about you the other day wondering if you had the baby or not. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is fantastic news.

I get to have a two fer surgery. They are going to do a hysterectomy, and I can honestly say I'm so relieved. I've had nothing but issues over the last year. My OB/GYN is going to see if my general surgeon can perform the gallbladder surgery where she does her surgeries. If not, then I'm going to have to go under 2 times. If he can, then they will do both surgeries at once. I should know this afternoon. On a happy note though, her scales say that I have finally broken through the 254-256 plateau that I've been stuck at for nearly a month. I was down to 252.8. I wanted to cry I was so excited.

ETA - I was told that I don't have to have my band unfilled. That made my day.

I am so glad everything has gone well. I am also really pleased that you let us know your wonderful news. Congratulations!

Okay guys I have arthritis in my knees. I was taking Tylenol Arthritis Pain for it and it worked wonders. Now my band is too tight to swallow them though:( Suggestions on what else I can try?

Are you able to cut them in half?

Surgery for the gallbladder was yesterday. It was harder than the tubal, but it doesn't hurt as much as the lap-band did. It took nearly 3.5 hours for him to do a surgery than normally takes between 1 and 2. My gallbladder had attached itself to something else in my body, and he had a hard time getting it out.

Hello Everyone. Thought I'd pop in and see how everyone was doing. I had my doctors visit yesterday and he told me the best thing ever. He said I only have about 10-15 more pounds to loose. :D He thinks I can accomplish this by my May appt which is towards the end of the month. I'm keeping my hopes up I can do this!!

I'm in the same boat! Damn you, slow thyroid! :(

All of this can be frustrating huh? I have thyroid disease and just got my does of meds upped again . I get frustrated at how slow i lose....We all are kinda in the same boat huh?

Jennifer

Hi, everyone! I haven't been around for a long time either. I have the thyroid issue too and weight loss is agonizingly slow. I have had at least 7, maybe more, fills and I still don't think I am at the right adjustment. This has been a frustrating journey. I'm down 42 lbs which is great but a lot less than I thought I would be at this point.

It was good to catch up with everyone. :)

WHOO HOO!!! I was able to add a 4th charm to my Bracelet today to equal 40lbs LOST!!!

It just so happens to be a turtle... Cuz I am a slow looser, but a looser no less :)