Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Too tight....Cant eat....Throw up all the time!! Or is it just TOM tightness??? cant find a happy medium :blink:

Too tight....Cant eat....Throw up all the time!! Or is it just TOM tightness??? cant find a happy medium :blink:

I've thrown up once a day for the past 3 days.

I was told that when you are throwing up a lot like that it causes swelling and it's best to go back to a liquid diet for 3 days and then try real food again. I guess I may try that.

Hey fellow August rushers, it's been a while! I am glad to see so many of you all are doing so well. I think i am finally doing well. I have started training for my first 5k and i completed the 1st of 5 weeks of training. It has really helped with the weight loss (i have for the first time in my life worked out for 6 out of 7 days last week) it really makes me feel good too!!!, but i had to up my Protein since i was burning so many calories, i found that i was sooooo hungry after my workouts. the uped protein has helped. Over the past month or so i have lost and regained the same 4lbs, and i figured out why (my calories intake was too low) I have discovered that i lose weight only if i stay between 1200 - 1300 cals (that what works for me) an a min of 65g of protein. Now that i have figured that out i have :lost3lbs: in the last week (much of that i am sure is from the cardio). I go for my fill on Tuesday i have a total of 6 or 6.5cc's in my band now! i am hoping to only get about .2 or.5 more added. I had restrition after my last fill but it has left me!!!

I am wearing a solid 12 in pants and depending on if it is stretch denim i can wear a 10!!!!!!:bananajump:

i only have 17lbs left til i reach my major goal, and i am so motivated right now!!! i weigh what i did in high school (12th grade), i love it! And also yesterday was my 31st birthday (no cake, no icecream, no drinks, and going out to dinner, i just walked around the mall with my little one's shopping and went home to work out) !!!! Happy birthday to me!!! I have come a long way!!

Sorry for the long message, told ya it's been a while.

Congrats and keep up the great work to all my fellow August rushers!!! and if you are struggling please hang in there and take this journey one day at a time!:welldoneclap:

Hey fellow August rushers, it's been a while! I am glad to see so many of you all are doing so well. I think i am finally doing well. I have started training for my first 5k and i completed the 1st of 5 weeks of training. It has really helped with the weight loss (i have for the first time in my life worked out for 6 out of 7 days last week) it really makes me feel good too!!!, but i had to up my Protein since i was burning so many calories, i found that i was sooooo hungry after my workouts. the uped protein has helped. Over the past month or so i have lost and regained the same 4lbs, and i figured out why (my calories intake was too low) I have discovered that i lose weight only if i stay between 1200 - 1300 cals (that what works for me) an a min of 65g of protein. Now that i have figured that out i have :lost3lbs: in the last week (much of that i am sure is from the cardio). I go for my fill on Tuesday i have a total of 6 or 6.5cc's in my band now! i am hoping to only get about .2 or.5 more added. I had restrition after my last fill but it has left me!!!

I am wearing a solid 12 in pants and depending on if it is stretch denim i can wear a 10!!!!!!:bananajump:

i only have 17lbs left til i reach my major goal, and i am so motivated right now!!! i weigh what i did in high school (12th grade), i love it! And also yesterday was my 31st birthday (no cake, no icecream, no drinks, and going out to dinner, i just walked around the mall with my little one's shopping and went home to work out) !!!! Happy birthday to me!!! I have come a long way!!

Sorry for the long message, told ya it's been a while.

Congrats and keep up the great work to all my fellow August rushers!!! and if you are struggling please hang in there and take this journey one day at a time!:welldoneclap:

Yay!!! Happy Birthday a day late too!

I've thrown up once a day for the past 3 days.

I was told that when you are throwing up a lot like that it causes swelling and it's best to go back to a liquid diet for 3 days and then try real food again. I guess I may try that.

Yeah I am gonna try that as well cuz I just give up on solid foods...even mushies give me the hiccups

This is so sad. I am only 30lbs pounds down and so many of you are near your goals. I am really happy for you, I just want to be with you. :D

I did really well from banding until Thanksgiving and then went into a depressive episode (I am Bipolar) through mid January. That completely threw me off. While my eating has been pretty good, I haven't exercised much, and I know that is what is wrong. I just wish I could get what I know to kick me in the butt!

Hopefully the warming weather and extra hour of daylight will help my modd and energy levels. And a few posts from people encouraging me...please? :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks everyone and good luck!!!

Kelley

This is so sad. I am only 30lbs pounds down and so many of you are near your goals. I am really happy for you, I just want to be with you. :D

I did really well from banding until Thanksgiving and then went into a depressive episode (I am Bipolar) through mid January. That completely threw me off. While my eating has been pretty good, I haven't exercised much, and I know that is what is wrong. I just wish I could get what I know to kick me in the butt!

Hopefully the warming weather and extra hour of daylight will help my modd and energy levels. And a few posts from people encouraging me...please? :smilewinkgrin:

Kelley

Hey I'm 30 lbs down as well....we're doing just fine! it's 30lbs less then we had 6mos ago.... I welcome every single once lost he he...

Hey I'm bipolar too!! R we sisters??

Kelley

You'll be fine . I was depressed too about not being where I want to be . I thought I should be at least 60 lbs down by now but I'm not.

I stopped comparing myself to others. I am down 40 lbs which is 40 lbs less than I was last year and I am not gaining it back like I have in the past.

I'm hoping too that the warmer weather will help me to get up earlier and exercise more to boost my losses.

exercise will also elevate your mood.

You will do it stay strong and be determined to meet your goal.

Hey I'm 30 lbs down as well....we're doing just fine! it's 30lbs less then we had 6mos ago.... I welcome every single once lost he he...

Hey I'm bipolar too!! R we sisters??

Hello zeniada and all family members!

I am feeling a little better today, and I thank everyone for their responses. I guess what upsets me is the stop in weight loss because I haven't been doing what I know I need to. I haven't lost anything since the beginning of January. Being ill with Bipolar or any mental illness just is no fun.

But I am getting myself psyched up and hope to get that changed! Exercise, exercise, exercise! That is what I need to remember! :Dancing_hmm: (This is me exercising...grimace and all. LOL)

And zeniada, I'll be your sister any day if we get each other's back when we fall of the wagon!!!

Take care everyone!!!

Kelley

i think Zenida has it right. We need to Celebrate the weight that we have lost and know that it is weight that we would not have lost before this process. Kelley, I think that you should give yourself a pat on the back for knowing where you are and how you got there. You haven't given up and that is the key. This process is about learning how to deal with the life adjustments that comes with the path that we have chosen to travel. I know that I have been blessed in my journey and that I continue to learn about this process and how my body is reacting to changes that I am making. Am I perfect in this process no, but I continue to learn form others here in this forum and am grateful for the opportunity to not have to travel this road alone.

Shadena continue on I share in your happiness for you! How exciting is it to be so close to your goal!

I hope everyone is having a great week!! I finally dropped 2 lbs since yesterday. I was starting to think the scale was stuck again. :lol:

I was wondering what fill levels people have at this time? Also at what level did you start to see restriction and at what level did you hit your "sweet spot"?. I did not see much until 9.6 cc's and may be at my sweet spot at 10.6.

Also do you feel full on the perscribed amounts of food? Would you say you feel full or more a level of satiation? Personally I initially feel satisfied/no longer hungry and after a few minutes feel full.

Don't get me wrong I'm not unhappy with my decision. Just wondered if your experience is a little different then what you thought it might be heading in.

I'm at about 5.5cc's and for now I do feel good restriction.

I feel full after a few bites. I am under stress now so I am not eating properly meaning that I'm not eating much but I'm eating the wrong things and not really keeping up my Protein intake as I do when I'm really watching myself.

I am not always full but I am satisfied with less food.< /p>

My experience is about what I thought it would be after having surgery.

I am grateful for my lap band but I have had one distraction after the other since being banded and I don't feel like I have really had the time I need to get into a good solid program.

I joined a gym a couple of weeks ago and my PA says that will help me to start losing more steadily. I still have hopes of being at or close to goal by my 1 years surgiversary.

I am at 7.25 cc in my band, I had 7.5 in it and had to have a little taken out because I couldn't keep anything down, or even get it to go down more like it. I feel better now, but I do feel hungry more it seems. I'm just trying to tell myself I'm really NOT hungry and to move on or have a glass of Water instead.

Hey Guys, I just got a fill today that brings me to 7cc's, I have good restriction even at 6.5 cc's but i was not staying full for long periods and my weight was really fluctuating (sorry spelling). So i got .5cc's today. Other than that my Dr is very proud of what i am going and advises to keep up the great work. Also i found out that the more i work out the hungier i am so i started back on 2 Protein Shakes per day in addition the the lean Protein from my meals.

So we will see how this fill makes me feel!:)