Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Congrats to all for any weight loss! I went out to dinner with my husband last night to a fancy restaurant (we were given a gift certificate by his old boss for Christmas that we hadn't used and the kids went away for the weekend on an unexpected camping trip with a friend's family...lucky!!!) and it was a 5 course meal, so I was worried. It turned out to be small plates though, that came slowly and I was in heaven! I could eat everything because it was small amounts of food and everything was delicious and healthy! I wore a dress that I hadn't worn in 6 years...one of the few that I saved because it's really simple and pretty! My husband left there hungry and I felt satisfied!

I also started reading a book yesterday called Younger Next Year for Women, there is another book that they wrote first for men. I'm only 40 and it's written for people who are really in their 50-70s, but I think when you have weight issues and other health related issues at any age, it can apply, and it certainly applies to me! Plus, even if you don't have health issues, it's a great way to get a head start on the information! I'm finding it extremely interesting and thought I would share! http://www.amazon.com/Younger-Next-Women-Chris-Crowley/dp/0761140735

Went for a check with my surgeon yesterday and came away feeling pretty good. He said that on average people loose 35% of their excess weight in the first 12 months and at 11 months i have lost 50% so i am exceeding their expectations. He compared what i lost to a sack and a half of potatoes. So at this point i was feeling fairly proud of what i have achieved but then he had to go and spoil it by telling me now you just have to loose one more sack of potatoes. (20kg sack) That bought me back to reality.

But really, overall it made me feel good because i feel my weight loss is so slow but i am obviously doing OK if i am futhur down the track than expected.

Hope everyone else are doing well also.

Had my 6 week post-op check up from my other surgery, and she gave me the green light to start working out again. I have to take it slow and easy and stop if I feel any pain at all. This has been the longest 3 months of my life. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start working out again. I'm hoping it helps me mentally because right now I feel like a fat blob. Nothing like having to be pretty much a couch potato for 6 weeks thanks to complications.

My fill finally has calmed down. Everything was getting stuck, but I didn't want to get an unfill unless it was necessary. Thankfully, I believe I'm okay now, and the swelling finally went away. I just took it easy with liquids and mushies for a bit.

Monica I have that problem every time I get a fill now. It takes me 7-10 days before all my swelling subsides and I can eat normally again.

I'm almost at my goal weight. I won't make it by my 1 year band anniversary but I will make it:)

I have an appt in a few weeks for a Tummy Tuck consult. I'm scared, nervous and excited all at the same time.

Monica I have that problem every time I get a fill now. It takes me 7-10 days before all my swelling subsides and I can eat normally again.

I'm almost at my goal weight. I won't make it by my 1 year band anniversary but I will make it:)

I have an appt in a few weeks for a Tummy Tuck consult. I'm scared, nervous and excited all at the same time.

What does a tummy tuck averagely cost now a days? have you researched it at all?

The average is $5500 depending on what you want. A mini tuck is only $4500 but they don't take off as much skin that way.

The average is $5500 depending on what you want. A mini tuck is only $4500 but they don't take off as much skin that way.

Thanks amanda. Are you definately going with one?

While I have never accepted cutting out everything bad from my diet, I have certainly fallen off the "Reasonable Wagon"! :rolleyes2: I did the biggest no-no by not journaling what I eat and not exercising much. Add those two big puzzle pieces to family illness and my own depression, and I have the issue of feeling as though I am starting all over.

So...to jump-start my way back to better habits, while not totally denying myself, I am going to go back to Protein shakes and lean meats. I have to start watching my sugar intake as well as emoty carbs in general! It is going to be boring for a while, but it will serve as a good reality check.

I refuse to beat myself up because that will just make issues worse. I haven't gained any weight...just REALLY slowed it down. I am going to have to visit here more often to keep me grounded!!!

Good luck to everyone who is starting again with me!!! I am ready to do this again!

Kelley

Someone please motivate me!! My scale hasn't moved in 2 months and I have another 30lbs to lose. I am not exercising and I'm losing my energy level big time. I can't seem to kick my butt to get moving again.

Any words of advice? 30lbs is all I need to get myself to where I want to be and that was my goal when I started this journey at 208lbs.

Someone please motivate me!! My scale hasn't moved in 2 months and I have another 30lbs to lose. I am not exercising and I'm losing my energy level big time. I can't seem to kick my butt to get moving again.

Any words of advice? 30lbs is all I need to get myself to where I want to be and that was my goal when I started this journey at 208lbs.

Well girl I am the same way.....but you really have to be patient at this point of the game....it will get harder and harder unless you step the game up! Are you feeling me? I know I need a fill, but I can do bunches by eating right and exercising, I have been on a platue for months, but my size has gone from an 18 to a 14 so something is going on! Come on we have come this far we will conquer! Just keep doing what you are doing and i think it will work....good luck my friend!

I broke down and finally bought an exercise bike. I found it on Craigslist, and I can't wait to hop on that thing tomorrow and give it a whirl. 4 months of not being able to work out has caused a huge stall in my weight loss. Hoping I'm able to work out on this. Otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do.

I haven't lost any weight in the past 2 months either. I am having my gallbladder removed tomorrow... I am going to take the opportunity to go back to Protein Shakes for a while to jump start again. Hopefully. The last fill I got was too much and I had to go back and get it removed... I was doing so well now I am starting to feel like a complete idiot for not sticking to everything the way I am supposed to..

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I had mine removed on April 20.

actually worked out today for the first time since April 19. I was just so happy to be able to. I can tell that I haven't worked out in a while. I'm going to have to work back up to where I was at, and I'm hoping to be able to start walking and running again by the end of the month.

actually worked out today for the first time since April 19. I was just so happy to be able to. I can tell that I haven't worked out in a while. I'm going to have to work back up to where I was at, and I'm hoping to be able to start walking and running again by the end of the month.

OK folks !!! its friday Check in!

How are you all doing? Im finally at 60 lbs lost!! what a killer . This is sooo hard.

Jennifer