Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

AMARIS,

yeah I'm getting my protien every morning! I just went for a walk, first in a lllllooooooooonnnnnnggggg time. I have always been a physical worker, out in the yard etc. But haven't in the last year. It felt really good! As long as I'm in bandster hell, I'm not going to beat myself up about the hunger thing, I'll just walk as much as possible:thumbup: I have 25 days to my first fill so :cursing:,I'll walk, plus my wienie dog loves it:biggrin:

Peace Out

Kelly

So I'm curious since all these doctors have different diets what week does your doc allow you regular solid foods again? My says at the start of week 3/ Day 15 post op.

not banded yet but my docs plan is 30 days post op then i can start real food again :cursing: that's a long time....

Got banded on Friday! Had a one night stay in the hospital and came home very early saturday morning. liquids are going down well. Gas pains were terrible friday night and saturday. Yesterday I developed a sore neck and throat. Not too sure what that's about. any ideas folks?

Liquids are going down well. Water, sugar free popsicles, broth, and my Protein shakes have all gone down with no "vomitatious" feelings. Started Vitamins and had no problem there either.

All in all, i'm doing well! Good luck to everyone else in recovery :cursing:

Yeah, that's definitely the tube down your throat that has given you the sore neck and throat. It takes a couple of days to go away.

Hey guys-

Im feeling pretty good today other than my allergies acting up. I went out to eat at my favorite mexican food restaurant yesterday and surprised myself with how well I did. No chips for me at all. YAY! I ordered refried Beans and queso and mixed them together and ate just a little bit and brought so much home I have food for the next week! LOL!

However, now that Im putting food into my stomach I've gained a couple of lbs. I figured it would happen but it still makes me nervous. I get to start soft foods tomorrow- baked potato, canned fruit and veggies, eggs, etc. Im very excited about that!

Ive been lazy and havent started exercising yet but Im going to get all of the crap off the treadmill today and at least walk 10 mins. My goal is 10 mins every day this week and then try and build up from there.

I'm four days post op and have had some of the same issues as Angera. Lots of terrible gas pain...although 90% subsided at this point. I say this with a heating pad on my left shoulder :cursing: I haven't gotten out much. I did try to go pick up some pants at the mall yesterday that were being tailored and then drove in the car with my husband (he drove) to see some property about 20 miles away. That was it. I was wiped. I came home and slept two hours. Then watched a movie and then right back to bed. Ended up taking vicodin later when I started to hurt. today I'm not pushing it. It's about recovery at this point, right? I would like to get out and walk but it's hotter than hell here and I'm pretty low on energy. Started my Vitamins today and am hoping that will help.

AMARIS,

yeah I'm getting my protien every morning! I just went for a walk, first in a lllllooooooooonnnnnnggggg time. I have always been a physical worker, out in the yard etc. But haven't in the last year. It felt really good! As long as I'm in bandster hell, I'm not going to beat myself up about the hunger thing, I'll just walk as much as possible:thumbup: I have 25 days to my first fill so :cursing:,I'll walk, plus my wienie dog loves it:biggrin:

Good for you for getting in your protein! I get in about 90 grams a day and I feel pretty good most of the time. We are out of town for the day, so probably won't make all my Protein today. Which means I'll probably be hungry later on! I can always drive through KFC and pick up some mashed potatoes, though. Hubby and I are walking just about every day. It does feel good to be out and about, doesn't it? My first fill is scheduled for 30 September, so I still have a ways to go! Hopefully, it won't be too bad!

I'm four days post op and have had some of the same issues as Angera. Lots of terrible gas pain...although 90% subsided at this point. I say this with a heating pad on my left shoulder :cursing: I haven't gotten out much. I did try to go pick up some pants at the mall yesterday that were being tailored and then drove in the car with my husband (he drove) to see some property about 20 miles away. That was it. I was wiped. I came home and slept two hours. Then watched a movie and then right back to bed. Ended up taking vicodin later when I started to hurt. today I'm not pushing it. It's about recovery at this point, right? I would like to get out and walk but it's hotter than hell here and I'm pretty low on energy. Started my Vitamins today and am hoping that will help.

Jen, sorry you are still having pain issues. My pain has subsided. Now I am battling getting in enough Protein and fluids. I'm a little light headed and I think that's from not enough fluids. I'm also hungry!!! I feel like I am eating something constantly. Between Jello, pudding, broths....it seems to be non stop! My other issue is diaherria. Are you having any of these issues? I don't this the diaherria is helping with the Fluid issue. I haven't read of anyone else having this problem. ??

not banded yet but my docs plan is 30 days post op then i can start real food again :cursing: that's a long time....

So in the meantime will you be on just liquids or soft foods also?

No diarrhea. I think I am very lethargic though because I am not intaking much right now. I think I have on average about 500 calories a day. Maybe less. I get in all the Protein through muscle milks and power plus shots. I just wish I wasn't this sore. I think it surprises me but I have to remember it's been a good 14 years since my last c-section and I was a good deal younger then when I had surgery! This old body is just taking its time!

You may want to check with your doc about the diarrhea tomorrow. You don't want to become dehydrated. That would be the thing to watch out for. Take care Diane!

However, now that Im putting food into my stomach I've gained a couple of lbs. I figured it would happen but it still makes me nervous. I get to start soft foods tomorrow- baked potato, canned fruit and veggies, eggs, etc. Im very excited about that!

Ive been lazy and havent started exercising yet but Im going to get all of the crap off the treadmill today and at least walk 10 mins. My goal is 10 mins every day this week and then try and build up from there.

I get to start mushies on Thursday -- and I'm very excited! Soft foods two weeks after that. I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if I've gained any weight, because I'm keeping it below 1,000 calories most days. I know this time is about healing and not about weight loss, but still ...

I like your walking plan! Hubby and I walk a little bit each day; I'm hoping to increase the time gradually until we're walking for at least half an hour. We also are aiming to get to the gym daily.

You all sound good and encouraging.

I was told by the nurse at pre-op that I may very well have a sore throat after surgery because of the intubation. I'm pretty sure the Dr's have to struggle more with some of us to get that tube down our throats so we may have a sore neck too.

Can somebody tell me what is a Protein bullet? I've heard it mentioned a couple of times. Oh I guess I can google it.

AmberK , your walking plan sounds really good. I've been doing that 10 min at a time. I've been sedentary for so long I think I'll do that too , don't want to jump in gung-ho and then fall off from burn-out.

Dee

The Protein bullets are at Target (I think costco too). They look like a giant testtube and they are in the protein drink/vitamins area by the pharmacy. Target just has grape. They are 100 calories and 3 oz. They have 25 g of protein in them. Super sweet but I've heard some people put them in a glass of ice cubes and Water and turn it into a drink to cut sweetness. I don't. I just down them. They kill the hunger pains and get the protein in. At Target they are $2.50. Hope this helps!

Ok Jen, sounds good I have a Target right across the street from my house and a costco pretty close too.

I'm not a fan of super sweet things and I hate grape flavor but I'll look for them it sounds like a good thing to have on hand when your struggling to get the Protein in.

The Protein bullets are at Target (I think costco too). They look like a giant testtube and they are in the protein drink/vitamins area by the pharmacy. Target just has grape. They are 100 calories and 3 oz. They have 25 g of protein in them. Super sweet but I've heard some people put them in a glass of ice cubes and Water and turn it into a drink to cut sweetness. I don't. I just down them. They kill the hunger pains and get the protein in. At Target they are $2.50. Hope this helps!

I can't find those at all where I live at. I can't find the clear fruit flavored Isopure drinks either.

I found them at my local grocery store.