Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

phone apps that keep track of calories

When I was at the Dr. office last week he suggested I get an app on my phone to keep track of calories, Protein etc. If you have an Iphone the app is called looseit. I have a Droid so I went looking for an app. I downloaded 3 and here is the best one: calorie counter.

It has a food diary where you call log everything you eat. All the restaurants & chains, popular brands, supermarket brands and about every food I have needed to find. It gives calories, fat, carbs, Proteins, fibers & sugar. It will total for the meal and day and sync it with a website called fatsecret.com if you need to print a report. Here is the best feature it has a bar scan reader. Click – focus and all the info is in your food diary. I would never write down what I eat but I will click, click, click.

Hope someone finds this useful.

When I was at the Dr. office last week he suggested I get an app on my phone to keep track of calories, Protein etc. If you have an Iphone the app is called looseit. I have a Droid so I went looking for an app. I downloaded 3 and here is the best one: calorie counter.

It has a food diary where you call log everything you eat. All the restaurants & chains, popular brands, supermarket brands and about every food I have needed to find. It gives calories, fat, carbs, Proteins, fibers & sugar. It will total for the meal and day and sync it with a website called fatsecret.com if you need to print a report. Here is the best feature it has a bar scan reader. Click – focus and all the info is in your food diary. I would never write down what I eat but I will click, click, click.

Hope someone finds this useful.

I've downloaded it on my phone and registered on my laptop. Thanks for the heads-up.

There are alot of options in the Android market and it helps to have other to help narrow the choice down.

I also use Calorie Counter on my MotoCliq

I have the Droid and LOVE LOVE LOVE Calorie Counter app. As stated above, the best is the barcode scanner :) Once you load it in, it saves in a list and you just search your recent entries and find it again and add it to your meal. You can change the headers to track whatever nutrients are important to you...I track calories, Protein & carbs. Not too worried about fat as I know I'm making smart choices so fat is not an issue. It's great to take a quick look at your phone, see that you have 40 grams of protein in so far and make your next food choice based on that information!

I have an iPhone and I use FatSecret and LoseIt.

I use lose it and also post everything I put in my mouth on this website under the food journaling thread. Really makes me disciplined knowing I have to post on 2 different places.

There may not be any apps out there like the kind I'm looking for but I have been looking for an app that helps you plan daily or weekly meal plans. Or something to that liking. I have found an app that helps you choose better food choices with healthier ingredients... Iphone-Shop to Lose.

Does anyone know of any apps (or even websites) out there that may be similar to this?

I found a web cite that helps you plan your meals and healthy and what kind of food you need like hi protin low carb/sugar etc its called everydayhealth.com I hope that helps you.

I found a great website that will calculate calories and nutrition information for recipes you might have or find on the web missing this information.

Recipe Calculator ,

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

Lose It is great!

Can anyone recommend a good app for the Blackberry? I tried downloading a free one but it doesn't seem to work well.

Susie

Thanks for the app info for the Droid. Love my phone and this app will greatly help me.