Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters

To soon. Did your Dr. ok that? Two weeks no work I thought.

You can do it. I was told I did better then alot of younger people and I was scared and thought I was to old. Age has nothing to do with it. Good luck.

My surgery went great. I lost about 17lbs on the pre-op diet so at least there's that. I've spent the last 3 days at my parents house recovering. I'm going to try and go back to work on Monday, but I'm not sure how a tucked in shirt is going to feel on my belly button stitches.

Glad to hear you are doing good!!! I have 2 more days!! Excited to begin the journey.. My mother in law has offered to keep my girls for a few days so I will be able to take it easy when I come home!! Keep up the good work

Hi, I got banded Oct. 7th. and am also a tricare patient, they approved me within days.....so you will have no problem with that! I am alot older than you, but I will say you have the best years of your life ahead of you, I wish I wouldn't have wasted so many of my good years being fat!! I'm so ready though.....I've lost 32 #'s already and hope to keep it coming off that quickly! My body kinda gave up on me this last week, but thanks to a wonderful husband I should be on the mend soon!! Good luck with your journey! Jen

Was banded yesterday and it went great!!!

*Arrived at hospital at 7:30 for registration. The lady that registered me had got banded by the same dr and she has lost 70 pounds since April... Yay!! So we talked and it was such an encourgment..

*Got iv, doctor came in and talked to me, was going back to surger at 9:45.

*They gave me my happy meds, rolled me to surgery room, I got on surgery table, stapped my arms down put oxygen mask on and the nurse said, "Im gonna put some stuff in your iv to put you to sleep, it may burn."

I never felt it burn, I think I took two more breaths and the next thing I know it was 12 oclock and I was waking up in recovery.

The worst part about the whole thing was cottonmouth when I woke up. I was feeling a little woozy so they gave me something for that and since they gave me that they couldnt give me any ice chips for 2 hours..Ugg..So I finally got ice chips and was able to hold them down and on my way to the house I went.

*I asked if I could walk out instead of riding in a chair. The nurse let me. We stopped at Walgreens on our way home and I walked around for 20 mins or so. When I got home I went ahead and took some of the pain meds and fenegren to be safe. I sat up and visited with family a little bit and then went to bed.

*Slept really well. I would wake up to turn over very easily and then go right back to sleep.

*Up at 6 am walking around house..

*****For all of you that havent had your surgery yet, put all worries aside. I worried enough for all of us and it was all for nothing**** Would definatly do again..

Edited by tabatha lynn

you go girl. walk but NO lifting, pulling or pushing.

I was banded October the 6th. I had a 3 day pre-op diet - so lucky. Just had my first fill.

Oh, I am 25.

Good luck everyone.

I was banded October the 6th. I had a 3 day pre-op diet - so lucky. Just had my first fill.

Oh, I am 25.

Good luck everyone.

How are you doing since your first fill.. Feeling any restriction??

I was Banded October 11, 2010, I just had my first fill last Wednesday, November 10th. I was told that I have the large band which holds 14cc's and that it was pre-filled with 5cc's. At this first fill I by accident received 2&1/2 cc's of saline, I feel the pain in my chest when I stupidly eat bread or take to large of a bite but other than that no restriction. ;) I would think that with 7&1/2 cc's of saline I would feel restriction. Any way I have lost about 40 lbs. but that includes the 28 I lost on the 2 week pre-op liquid diet!

Are there any other young guys out there who recently got banded? I am 24 nearly 25.

Ryan