Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you feel the food pass through ??

Hi- Wondering if i am the only one who can sometimes feel my food pass through the band.. something to worry about ??

hhuuuummmm interesting.

for me the only feeling i've had is when i've eaten and get the full feeling.

I feel gurgling Etc. But I dont think I really feel the food. If you do, you may not be chewing enough.

I feel it all time time...usually only when I am stuck and it finally passes or I forgot to chew super well. There are random times where I can feel it all...Its weird

I only feel cool liquids going down when I'm a little restricted.

Maybe you aren't chewing long enough?

I never feel my food unless I dont chew it enough. My band did tighten up when I got pregnant and I did feel everything then, but I got the band loosened up and now I'm fan.

Occasionally I can feel the food pass through and hear it also. But this is typically when I'm eating something without chewing adequately or waiting between bites, or forgetting and taking a sip of Water with the bite/after the bite.

Incentive NOT to eat during a meeting, for sure!

Well my stomach always gurgles Especially while eating. However I only actually "feel" the food going down if I just had a fill and am reallly restricted.

I too can feel it pass through if it is not chewed properly. It is almost like a "click". I feel very cold or hot liquids in the morning a lot.

I, too, sometimes feel it go through into my big stomach, and after reading the other posts, I realized that it is more often after I have been stuck! Strange!!

Mimi

I can feel the food pass if I don't chew enough, in the morning when I am tighter, or after a fill.

Thanks.. im thinking it happens like the rest of you when i have not chewed well enough.

I need a fill,, if i chew and take my time eating the way we are supposed to I can eat more than I should,, if i dont chew enough or eat fast i get sick.

Yip, I wait too long to eat and then I can't help to eat fast. It hurts like hell to go down. I mean sometimes it really hurts bad!

I will often throw it up, but it's kinda weird how it works for me. No violent throwing up. I can just get it out of my tube easily~

Anyone else able to do this?

:thumbup:

I feel it when I've taken too big a bite, not chewed enough, or in the morning when nothing wants to go down. I have occasionally had food come back up when the passage gets blocked, and it is not like regular throwing up, but just sort of a flush.

Ooo, gross. :thumbup: Nice to correspond with people who won't freak about these weird subjects we need information on.

Lol~

Yip, that's just kinda the way it is now. I don't think I need any more restriction at this point.

I am having problems with ground turkey, pork etc. Unless I chew it to death, it ain't-a-going down! I seem to be ok with steak meat although they said I wouldn't be. Of course I am the medical mystery that most people just read about. I have tons of issues that they can't figure out. **sigh**

I guess the weirdest thing is that they gave me a permanent tattoo that I kinda don't want. The surgical pen was used and then they stitched/glued over that spot. I have a permanent purple line above the belly button. He said they quit using that pen and are aware of the problem. Go figure.

He also said they just do everything through the belly button now. Just one scar. Dang, missed the boat on that one.

Glad to know I am not alone! Thanks for making me feel somewhat normal.

:thumbup: