Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm very nervous... Tomorrow is the day!!

Right now I'm on a clear liquid diet, with a terrible headache and some nausea from an anibiotic that I took...

I'm excited, but hoping this headache wont stay with me for the next week on clear liquids...

AUGUST RUSH 2010!!!

I'm now 3 weeks out from surgery and am feeling great. I lost 7 pounds in the first week but the scale has stalled there. My body is definitely changing though. I see differences in my neck/face, my tummy looks deflated, and my legs are slimmer. I've started working out on my treadmill which probably is adding muscle and negating the fat loss. Hope all the August Rushers are also successful!

:cursing:

Well I must report that I have lost 13 lbs since I was banded on Aug 25th. The hardest part has been getting thru liquid diet stage. But now I'm on stage 2 pureed diet. Congrats to all who have been banded. Good luck in this new journey!

Iam banded day 1 post op.feeling ok just like ive bn kicked in the stomach a few times.Im finding it hard to sleep though, any suggestions on that one?

Iam banded day 1 post op.feeling ok just like ive bn kicked in the stomach a few times.Im finding it hard to sleep though, any suggestions on that one?

I slept on the couch for a couple of days with two pillows!! I had my surgery on the 23rd of Aug and last night was the best nights sleep I had :biggrin: It does get better :thumbup:

Hello to everyone who joined me in making a change for the better this past month. I am just wondering how everyone is doing and what you are eating.

Today is day 15 with my band and I'm still a little sore at port site. I feel fine otherwise. Eating is much more enjoyable now that I can actually have something other than pureed stuff. I have had scrambled egg with cheese, tuna, baked fish and peas & carrots so far. I'm keeping it within 2-3 oz at a time and have had no problems.

Still drinking mostly Water and my Protein Shots. I'm having a hard time getting rid of a UTI that I got a few days after surgery....on my 2nd antibiotic.

Down 12.5 lbs!

Banded August 17 all went well little pain and was driving after day 4. Cannot wait for some chewing food.< /strong>

Pre-Op visit Sept. 1 and am doing well though losing slowly.

Now want to find some toning exercises so I might not have a lot of skin hanging.

Well I'm now at post-op day 4. Doing great, took out my pain ball last night (that was weird! But not painful at all) eatting full liquids and a little mushies, like yogurt and some pudiing! Still have the shoulder pain, but it goes and comes.

Tried to lay flat for a few minutes yesterday and had a lot of pressure in my chest and shoudler, I have been sleeping in a semi-reclined position as well and have had no problems.

Woundering when did you all transition to lying flat??

Thanks!

Well I'm now at post-op day 4. Doing great, took out my pain ball last night (that was weird! But not painful at all) eatting full liquids and a little mushies, like yogurt and some pudiing! Still have the shoulder pain, but it goes and comes.

Tried to lay flat for a few minutes yesterday and had a lot of pressure in my chest and shoudler, I have been sleeping in a semi-reclined position as well and have had no problems.

Woundering when did you all transition to lying flat??

Thanks!

You mention a pain ball - did you do a by-pass or sleeve?

I was banded a week ago today and for the past 2 nights I have been able to sleep on part of my tummy. Hard to explain how but I am laying on my tummy from the midline to the right side and have a pillow from the midline holding up the left side.

I was laying flat on my back the first night but again I had the band done.

Good luck,

Cathy

Hey, did you get banded August 16th? If you did so did I and also started my pre op diet on the 2nd - let me know how you are doing?

I was banded aug. 17 had post op dr. visit sept. 3 and all is well now able to eat anything that would spatter if thrown at the wall. LOL

I do not have a great scale at home so I do not know how much more if anything I have lost.

Ate turkey chili and noted lots of gas not eating Beans again. Only felt unhungry one day so far.

I was banded aug. 17 had post op dr. visit sept. 3 and all is well now able to eat anything that would spatter if thrown at the wall. LOL

I do not have a great scale at home so I do not know how much more if anything I have lost.

Ate turkey chili and noted lots of gas not eating Beans again. Only felt unhungry one day so far.

We were banded the same day!!! I LOVE MY BAND!

Today is day 14 for me, and my stomach is feeling better and better. My little wounds are healing and I am sleeping better. I was surprised that I was having so much trouble sleeping -- I wasn't in terrible pain. I wondered if it was some sort of result from anesthesia (sp!).:)