Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow! Is this month ever going fast! I am already on day 10 of my 14 day Optifast Pre-op diet (Surgery is Aug 24!!). The first few days were hard mentally but now I have to force myself to drink the shakes, I'm just not hungry! The vanilla flavored Optifast I find horrible! Thank goodness for Coconut flavoring... instant Pina Colada! haha I am down 15 pounds so far! Woohoo

Congrats to everyone who has been Banded so far this month! Keep posting your surgery info, it's really nice to read about what's coming! (especially the pain free posts! :smile:)

Good Luck to everyone being banded in the next 11 days!!!

Take care everyone! :biggrin:

Hello Fellow August Rusher's!

I am banded! I went in on Wedneday morning. Wouldn't you know it, once the doc got in there he discovered that I had a very large hiatal hernia?? I had absolutley no symptoms prior to the surgery. The doc repaired the hernia and placed the band. I had to get some x-rays with the awful drink to make sure there wasn't any leakage...YAY No leaks so I was discharged yesterday afternoon. I am having a hard time with drinking almost anything, but especially the Protein shakes, and I really need to get to my 60g a day. I go back for my first follow up next Tuesday, and if everything is going well then Dr. Morales said that I could begin phase 2. Pre-op weight-loss was 21lbs.

Hello Everyone.

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I was scheduled for surgery 9/10/2010 and was rescheduled for 08/27/2010. Totally confident that I am doing the right thing and next Friday can't get here soon enough.

I have enjoyed everyone's input before and after being banded. Keep it coming.

Cathy

Hi Everyone,

I have my surgery scheduled for August 24th and I can't wait. I have wanted to have this surgery for several years and now its almost here!!

Best of luck to everyone!:lol:

Hello Fellow August Banders:

My journey officially began on yesterday (Banded and Hernia Repair). I can honestly say that I'm doing pretty good. It's almost scary. I did not know quite what to expect, especially with having the repair. I've not had any problems downing my liquids. I'm gonna add my Protein shake today and see what happens. My only discomfort is the expected soreness around my incisions, but I'm convinced that I have the most experienced and greatest Bariatric doctor in the world, Titus Duncan.

I would recommend him and his office (Real Results) to anyone interested.

So excited about my New Life, unsuccess is not an option for me or any of us. Here's to our NEW LIVES !!!:lol:

Congrats! You will be great and up and going real quick.

I got my insurance approval and am all set for Monday August 23rd!! I am starting to get a little nervous, but I know I will be fine :lol: Hope everyone is doing good :mad:

Julie

I got my insurance approval and am all set for Monday August 23rd!! I am starting to get a little nervous, but I know I will be fine :lol: Hope everyone is doing good :mad:

Julie

Congratulations!!! You'll do great. I got really nervous about it too but it wasn't as bad as I as thinking it was going to be.

My name is Shawni and I am getting banded on August 27th. I am currently on the 14 day pre-op diet. It sucks but I am glad I have to do it. I am on all liquids (protein shakes, yogurts, puddings, oatmeal, applesause). That is it guys, all day the same thing, that is my biggest challenge. I so want food. I have read that the reason for this particular diet is to loose risidual fat around your liver, spleen, and stomach. It makes it easier for the surgeon to maneuver and it helps your body heal faster after surgery. I have to say that this diet has made me look at food differently. I appreciate it more. I am so excited to create new recipes that are full of flavor. I went to William Sonoma and bought a few things that will help me with makes yummy Soups that are not fattening and I am so excited to try them.

I recommend that you buy what you need ahead of time, be ready for it.

I would like some recommendations for Protein shakes though, I am getting tired of the same one every day. I am using the 100% whey Protein powder from GNC in Cookies and cream, chocolate, very berry, and banana. I mix the first two, they taste like chocolate milk together. I also mix the 2nd two and it is like drinking a strawberry banana smoothie.

Looking forward to next Friday,

Shawni:smile2:

My name is Shawni and I am getting banded on August 27th. I am currently on the 14 day pre-op diet. It sucks but I am glad I have to do it. I am on all liquids (protein shakes, yogurts, puddings, oatmeal, applesause). That is it guys, all day the same thing, that is my biggest challenge. I so want food. I have read that the reason for this particular diet is to loose risidual fat around your liver, spleen, and stomach. It makes it easier for the surgeon to maneuver and it helps your body heal faster after surgery. I have to say that this diet has made me look at food differently. I appreciate it more. I am so excited to create new recipes that are full of flavor. I went to William Sonoma and bought a few things that will help me with makes yummy Soups that are not fattening and I am so excited to try them.

I recommend that you buy what you need ahead of time, be ready for it.

I would like some recommendations for Protein shakes though, I am getting tired of the same one every day. I am using the 100% whey Protein Powder from GNC in Cookies and cream, chocolate, very berry, and banana. I mix the first two, they taste like chocolate milk together. I also mix the 2nd two and it is like drinking a strawberry banana smoothie.< /p>

Looking forward to next Friday,

Shawni:smile2:

Welcome, Shawni! I don't have any suggestions for shakes as my doc had his own that I had to have but I do have a recommendation for a much needed item - a great set of measureing spoons! I had to go and buy a new set. All the food I am eating right now - mushies - has to be measured by the tablespoon. Also a reliable scale. My scale measured the same item differently each time I put it on there so I had to get a better scale. Just a tip from my experience.

Good luck on the 27th. You'll do fine.

Well I will no longer be an August Rusher -- ran into problems with my insurance - even though I was approved - and now I am on hold once again. I will have to wait until my new insurance goes into effect Sept 1 and submit for approval with them. Now I am hoping to get in by the end of Sept. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care. Wendy

Well I will no longer be an August Rusher -- ran into problems with my insurance - even though I was approved - and now I am on hold once again. I will have to wait until my new insurance goes into effect Sept 1 and submit for approval with them. Now I am hoping to get in by the end of Sept. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care. Wendy

That sucks, Wendy. Good luck! I hope it all goes smoothly with the new insurance.

Two days until surgery! The pre-op diet got easier and easier. Two Protein Shakes a day and a Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones for dinner.< /div>

Good Luck, DM!!!

So how are all the banded folks doing?? I am doing pretty good. I am still having some pains where my port is. The area is a little numb still, nerves that must have been cut during surgery, I'm sure. But still sore when I try to bend over but nothing I can't deal with.

I am still on mushies and just decided to treat myself with Peanut Butter and it gave me indigestion so I guess no more for me.

I see my doc on thursday but I think it's just post op and no fill for another 2 weeks but we'll see.

Love to hear how everyone else is doing.