Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woohooo! I am banded!! Everything went very well. The only pain I have is at my port area. It mostly hurts to sit up or lay down. Once I am walking or laying down then I am fine. Going back to sleep now, have a great day! 

Good luck to all the new Banditos!! this week!

The day has come...Banding day!!! Finally...I am on my way to hospital. Very excited right now! Will Keep you posted!

Current Weight: 282

I was banded on Aug 23rd!!! Got home from the hospital yesterday!! I am feeling great. Just a little sore around the port, but like carcar said once your up and moving you don't feel it anymore!! I am so excited for my new healthy life :() Hope everyone is doing good, and everyone that is being banded this week good luck!! if you have a long ride home from the hospital bring a pillow to hold on your lap for any bumps in the road. Makes the ride a little more comfortable.

Got my post op visit done today. Had a false sense of what i lost my scale has a two lb difference then the surgeons ...hated adjusting my tickler lol. Plus i have put on a few lbs post op. hopefully its healing/water weight.

Hi everyone,

Surgery on the 30th , and nerves are getting to me now but iam also excited.Im trying to get the house clean and organise everything.

WWOOOOO! As of 7am this morning, I am oficially banded! The first day of the rest day of my life! AUGUST RUSH 2010!!! YEEAAHHH!! Feelin great! :o

Got my band today. Port area is slightly uncomfortable, but if I lay down on my back I don't feel it. But I am sitting up now as I can't stand to stay laying down all the time. It's only slightly more uncomfortable to be sitting. Lots of gas, but it's not painful yet, just uncomfortable.

Been sipping Water and iced tea all day, and I don't feel thirsty anymore like I did in the hospital.

Been walking also, it does help the gas. I am staying at a hotel to be near the hospital for the night, and I have been walking in my night gown and hospital socks up and down the hallway, I am sure everyone thinks I'm nuts. The first time I still had my iv bandage and hospital Bracelet on, but now I don't so who knows what they think, lol.

I can't wait until Monday when I can have Protein Shakes and especially my Vitamins. I got Gummy ones and they taste like candy, and I can chew them too haha. It's the little things in life, really.

Hope everyone else who got banded this week are doing ok.

I was banded on the 25th. The pain is so uncomfortable! I have been walking. I only feel relief when I am laying down!

Hi all,

I was banded on the 25th of August also! Today is the best I have felt so far. Last night I was able to sleep on my right side and it was the best night of sleep i have had!! Hope everyone is feeling better!!!

Hi Everyone,

I was banded on the 24th and was surprised at how painful the port area was. The pain lessens everyday and I feel pretty good today I'm just afraid of bending down. I plan on going back to work on Monday so hopefully I will be back to normal by then(or close to normal).

Congratulations to all the August Bandsters!!

Sara

Glad to be part of the group! Surgery scheduled for 8/11! Can't wait to see the changes in all of us! Funny, I've been watching and reading for 6 months but didn't want to post anything until it became a reality. Now I'm on Lapbandtalk more than Facebook!

I've decided not to tell anyone except my husband. It's not that I'm embarrassed about it, I just don't want comments or critics coming out of the woodwork and some of our family members are big time gossips! The world will know if any of them know! What about all of you? Who have you told or not told?

I am getting banded on August 31. I told the bare minimum that I was getting the surgery done! I took my "vacation" from work to get it done. I just hope I'm well enought to return without being in pain. That would blow my whole cover!!

Monday, August 30th is the day! I will be a "bandito" I am so excited. My wife has taken a week off work to be here to "take" care of me. She travels for work S-Th so we will take advantage of our paid time off! I do not think I will need a whole week off but since she will be home...

Gonna be a great day:thumbup:

Ok, I'm hungry!!! And I don't get to move from Clear Liquids to Protein Shakes until Monday. I am not going to make it!