Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Hocuspocus, My DH have the Flu or bad cold, he had to stay home from work today. I'm staying far away from him. LOL

I know my nerves got me going. Let's hope and pray that you do not have a bug, that it's just nerves.

Are you doing a pre op diet, if so have you started. My surgery told me to just do all liquids the day before and nothing after 12.

Dont blame you lol.

I am on Optifast shakes for a week. However, I have stopped them for a bit now. Had to have a piece of dry toast as stomach felt very empty. Daren't have another shake as don't want to make a mess on the operating table (TMI lol). What we have to go through eh! Good luck for Thursday.

Good Luck to all getting banded tomorrow, you all will be in my thoughts and prayers...

I have my pre-op tomorrow and then surgery on Wed.., I am getting soooo very nervous but I know this is the right decision for me.

Today I thought oh I will have my last mcflurry from McDonalds but I didn't:thumbup: I said to myself I don't need it and I don't want it because I am where I am because of all the junk I ate without thinking....

Good Luck to all getting banded tomorrow, you all will be in my thoughts and prayers...

I have my pre-op tomorrow and then surgery on Wed.., I am getting soooo very nervous but I know this is the right decision for me.

Today I thought oh I will have my last mcflurry from McDonalds but I didn't:thumbup: I said to myself I don't need it and I don't want it because I am where I am because of all the junk I ate without thinking....

Thank you mom05, I will be in there in about 5 hours, but I had to wash my kids uniform so (thank goodness for 24 hour laundromats) I am still up when I should be asleep!! I am scared but I know God will be there by my side.

My date was the 13th of september, 1 week ago :thumbup:

Awesome!! Are you on the liquid preop?

I should be starting my liquids on wednesday but I'm going to start today. I'm so nervous I don't even have an appetite, lol. So hopefully it won't be so difficult. :thumbup:

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 21

angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins, HAD_ENOUGH, Melissa4773

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830, highlojack, Scarred4Life, Tsaleen, girlbanded

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607, sarwenc, sourmissg, monicaleon18, Kmommy, etexlady*

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl, cocoabeanie03, hserra, donnasang

September 25 - candy Rain

NEXT WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart, panna, Okie_59 (Mexico surgery), maria_r*

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey, tk07, findingherself

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper, Marte80, latin_starr, CSE

September 30 - mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

97 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

Angel82 - from MN

angellegna29 - from NJ

angelpix - from MN

AnnaOz - from Brisbane, Australia

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

BandedNellie - from CT

blondeej - from TX

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Butterfly2010 - from NC

CalaCake - from PA

CdnBlondie - from FL

cece1967 -from CA

ConB113 - from FL

cortneyhughes - from TX

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

debrarh - from GA

Desiree1972 - from GA

donna niemi - from FL

donnalys - from AL

drm1123 - from NY

Esin - from London, England

fldanny - Danny from FL

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

glitteryvampiregirl - Catherine from AL

gracerev - Pastor from GA

HAD_ENOUGH - from CA

helgainaz - from AZ

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

matzobeans - from CA

melonie - from MO

KAS1971 - from MA

KimK813 - from AL

kimmila - from CA

krieck - from OK

kydman - from KY

Kysmith72 - from RI

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

LannahLouise - from

lauravarley - from TX

lbtss16 - from IL

ledgins - Lisa from NC

leeblewb - from VA

lemonchick - from TX

lillyegg - from NY

lovemysgt - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

maxi2010 - Maxi from NY

melissa4773 - Melissa from IA

missjoany - from NC

motherbear - from NH

MrsFitand42 - Tiffany from TN

msmith73 - from NH

mytrice - from FL

Nani4five - from MI

Natalka - from WA

neenee717 - from NC

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

Olsweetmusic - from FL

onceuponaband - Paige from OH

Pammyl - from RI

peggycas - from TX

piperboo - from AR

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - Erin from OK

purplevic -from FL

ready4change10 - from PA

RACandler - from NJ

risenhour1 - from FL

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

RN.Violet - from KY

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

SarahMarie123 - from WA

shellyh - Shelly from MA

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

Stateofzen - Lyla from AL

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

stephanie24p - Stephanie from IL

sugarmoma - from IL

sunny day - from NY

swissnis - from IL

TheMaxwellFamily- from IN

vega1star - from MI

WAH.MOM - from WI

wishful-thinking

younghippiechick - from CA

:woot:I'm home ! I did so well yesterday for my surgery they sent me home same day.. i didn't even have to unpack my pj's till i got home =) The kids cleaned the whole house for me spotless.. it was so nice and they are all waiting on me.. including the hubby who took the night off when hospital called :thumbup: I went to the hospital yeterday @ 9:30am.. got me settle in Pre Op. but he had emergency surg so he told me we were gonna me a little later.. wheeled into OR about 11ish.. woke up around O i forget now but was pretty sedated.. the liquid meds and IV meds took care of most of the pain.. but honestly not that bad.. i expected more in the shoulders from gas.. i have some chest pain.. right under the breast and radiated to left shouder.. but percocet taking pretty good care of that and its ok. I feel a little queezy here and there. but i get up and walk a bit or take a little nap and i'm good. I stuck like glue to my two week liquid diet.and now am on liquid diet for another two weeks before mush food.. so i'll keep all posted. Havn't weight myself since last week and won't be able too for another 2 weeks.. :)

Yeah Shelly, glad to hear you did so well. Keep us updated. :thumbup:

Great news Kim, that is very good progress less than two weeks and 20 lbs! What is 813 after your screen name for?

Brenda

Well, I am pleased with the 20lbs, but that includes Pre-Op weight loss. I am actually down about 4lbs since my surgery.

BTW, 8/13 is my birthday.

Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you!

I am glad to have made it through my surgery on Friday. I am back to work today. Wish I could have taken a whole week but didn't have the luxury!

The surgery went well - I was so scared at one point that I was ready to leave. Then the nurse told me that the results on my preop tests showed my blood sugars at 172 and bp 150/87. That was my sign - getting shots of insulin! I've never been pre-diabetic.

I went in at 730a and came home at 430p. I felt improvement every day and now am off my pain meds. A little sore still but otherwise, just weak from only being on liquids.

I had a lot of gas yesterday although it wasn't painful...I realized I was drinking with a straw half the day! I can't believe it...it didn't cross my mind at all. But they are right when they say NO STRAWS!

I do have a nagging catch in my left shoulder blade but heating pad helps it along. Really can't wait to at least get back to my Protein Shakes. Last week I was sick at the sight of them, now it would be heavenly to drink one LOL.

Good luck to all the banders going this week. It will be over before you know it!!

Hocuspocus, My DH have the Flu or bad cold, he had to stay home from work today. I'm staying far away from him. LOL

I know my nerves got me going. Let's hope and pray that you do not have a bug, that it's just nerves.

Are you doing a pre op diet, if so have you started. My surgery told me to just do all liquids the day before and nothing after 12.

You are lucky Sourmissg...I have to do the whole preop liquid diet thing and it is kicking my butt!! I must say I am not a Soup person. I have been so excited and now I am getting nervous. Hocuspocus, Good luck to you as well!

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 21

angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins, HAD_ENOUGH, Melissa4773

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830, highlojack, Scarred4Life, Tsaleen, girlbanded

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607, sarwenc, sourmissg, monicaleon18, Kmommy, etexlady*

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl, cocoabeanie03, hserra, donnasang

September 25 - candy Rain

NEXT WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart, panna, Okie_59 (Mexico surgery), maria_r*

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey, tk07, findingherself

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper, Marte80, latin_starr, CSE

September 30 - mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

97 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

Angel82 - from MN

angellegna29 - from NJ

angelpix - from MN

AnnaOz - from Brisbane, Australia

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

BandedNellie - from CT

blondeej - from TX

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Butterfly2010 - from NC

CalaCake - from PA

CdnBlondie - from FL

cece1967 -from CA

ConB113 - from FL

cortneyhughes - from TX

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

debrarh - from GA

Desiree1972 - from GA

donna niemi - from FL

donnalys - from AL

drm1123 - from NY

Esin - from London, England

fldanny - Danny from FL

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

glitteryvampiregirl - Catherine from AL

gracerev - Pastor from GA

HAD_ENOUGH - from CA

helgainaz - from AZ

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

matzobeans - from CA

melonie - from MO

KAS1971 - from MA

KimK813 - from AL

kimmila - from CA

krieck - from OK

kydman - from KY

Kysmith72 - from RI

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

LannahLouise - from

lauravarley - from TX

lbtss16 - from IL

ledgins - Lisa from NC

leeblewb - from VA

lemonchick - from TX

lillyegg - from NY

lovemysgt - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

maxi2010 - Maxi from NY

melissa4773 - Melissa from IA

missjoany - from NC

motherbear - from NH

MrsFitand42 - Tiffany from TN

msmith73 - from NH

mytrice - from FL

Nani4five - from MI

Natalka - from WA

neenee717 - from NC

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

Olsweetmusic - from FL

onceuponaband - Paige from OH

Pammyl - from RI

peggycas - from TX

piperboo - from AR

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - Erin from OK

purplevic -from FL

ready4change10 - from PA

RACandler - from NJ

risenhour1 - from FL

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

RN.Violet - from KY

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

SarahMarie123 - from WA

shellyh - Shelly from MA

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

Stateofzen - Lyla from AL

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

stephanie24p - Stephanie from IL

sugarmoma - from IL

sunny day - from NY

swissnis - from IL

TheMaxwellFamily- from IN

vega1star - from MI

WAH.MOM - from WI

wishful-thinking

younghippiechick - from CA

Mine is Sept. 23

ok so wow

Zen down 44 lbs already is that for real, I can't believe it, you are great.

Chriper, why the quitting fish oil, is that something specific? I've never heard that.

Maria_r, I am the 27th too, yeah!

Congrats all on the finally sleeping on tummies, I loved that after birth recovery, although the chiropractor is very against sleeping on tummies I know it can feel like prison not being able to.

Also Gracerev that is awesome, the blood pressure thing is a big worry of mine so I love those stories too.

I am still stuck at 8lbs lost, maybe I"m getting to 9, my scale varies a bit. I think I'm retaining Water from the weaning, but also this is my pattern, just stop losing weight, I hope the surgery makes a difference.

Also, i"m still asking about target sodium, like say for a bowl of Soup, what is reasonable.

Lisa

I am halfway my pre op diet. I am having my gallbladder remove this Thursday and next monday the 27th lapband. I am starting to get nervous, and a dry cough is not fixing the situation I am just hoping I can get rid of the cough soon.

Tomorrow I will be dropping off my girls off at a friends house for thursday surgery my husband would drop me off with the baby and pick me up. I know tomorrow I will be a nut case worry when I say goodbye to them. I am just praying allot and putting myself in his hands...

So far with the diet I have lost 12 lbs in this diet.

Good luck to all of you. We can do this!!!!

ok so wow

Zen down 44 lbs already is that for real, I can't believe it, you are great.

Lisa

Hey Lisa-- that does count my 6 month weight loss plan too- I'm counting from when I started the process. But it is great to already be a size down in clothes (two down in pants, but my chest is hanging on to the higher sizes) and I only had the surgery on Friday! My face already looks so different to me.

Good luck to all of you this week!