Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Happy Friday everyone! Well wishes to all!

Cici- Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

Maxi- Im on Long Island... are you? PS. Gas X helps but walk helps more!

Okay so I told myself not to get on the scale till my 2 week follow up coming Tuesday... I even promised my boyfriend because he told me it will do me more harm then good then to look often. I/We don't want me to become a slave to the scale... Well.. this was on Tuesday that we said this and... I failed. lol I looked today. I seem to be down another 2 pounds but I weighed myself 4 times and twice it said one weight and twice it said another soo.. I don't know.. won't count it till Tuesday. So I told my boyfriend and lol he said that the next time he is here he is stealing my scale. hmmm maybe thats a good idea... IDK. If the scale was right with the higher number, then I will be disappointed cause its no change from several days ago.. if its the other weight, then I will be content. STUPID SCALE..

AND WHY AM I HICCUPING SO MUCH... I fxxxing HURTS.

Edited by danide

I go in next week, on Thursday, 23-09. I am sooo nervous. I have only told my husband, and a close friend who doesn't even live in my city.

Anyone else living with this guilt/shame??????:thumbup:

I will definitely check out the V8 Soups. Tomorrow I get to have the full liquids, I can't wait to try the Tomato Soup. Something I had yesterday did not agree with me and I now have an upset tummy. I tried a BariWise Peach Tea and it was vile. It might have been that or their Beef Soup. Both had 15 grams of Protein though. Later on I had explosive diarrhea and woke up this morning with a tummy ache. So I am not gonna try those anymore. Will stick with the Isopure and cant wait for skim milk. Wil try some green tea later on today.

Hi Brian-LA.

I got most of the stuff for my post op period but I did not get any GAS-X yet. How important is the GAS-X right after I have surgery? It's raining out right now and I don't feel like going out.

I just found out that I have to report to the hospital tomorrow at 10am. I'll probably leave my house around 8am because going to Manhattan during this time will put me into rush hour (nothing like NYC rush hour traffic to add time to your commute). The hospital I choose is NYU in NYC and I live 1 hour away in the burbs (during normal commuting time with normal traffic).

They won't even tell me my surgery time - just said it is usually 1.5 hours after the time I am told to report. He said it depends how long the earlier case takes, so figure I'll be "under the knife" around 11:30am. Sounds like I'm the 2nd case. Yikes.:thumbup:

I was told to be at the hospital by 0515 and surgery was scheduled for 0715. At 0630 I hadn't even been checked in yet. But it was a blur after that. The nurse took me to check in a bed, helped me into a gown, put warm fuzzy socks on, and they have heated blankets which was awesome. My friend took all my stuff and waited for me. I woke up in recovery and there was a big clock right in front of me: 0915. So it was not too bad. Except for the gain pains in the left shoulder. It wasn't mentioned for me to get GAS-X, but that might help.

Edited by missjoany
change

Hello all,

I had my last nutrition consult today, I was the only one there! It was suppose to be a classroom atmosphere, but I guess Rhode Island Hospital is low on patients next week! Anyway I learned alot with the consult. I got the answer to the question I'd been waiting to ask, "why is there no preop diet for me, the majority of people are on one" Answer, "we don't feel that it's all that important, if you were able to lose weight on your own, then you wouldn't be here, it's crazy to ask people to go on a 2 week regimen of just fluids when they have a stomach the size of a football." Well that's all well and good, but after the "class" I was weighed, and unfortunately, I gained another 5lbs since August 30th:( So, although your preop diets suck, I think you guys are all the better because of it. I think subconciously, I'd been eating more because I knew I wouldn't be able to soon.

I was weighed in on a different scale than on August 30th, but let's face it, it couldn't have been off 5.5 lbs! So, to all you 2 week preop dieters, "Cheers to you", good job!

I has thought the same thing when I heard some folks were on a liquid diet for two weeks: If I cudda done it I wudda! DUH! I only had to do liquid diet for one day and even that was difficult. I did gain five pounds back before surgery and was told if I gained anymore the surgery might be cancelled so be careful, the doctor wants you to lose as much fat from your liver as possible before the surgery.

Happy Friday everyone! Well wishes to all!

Cici- Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

Maxi- Im on Long Island... are you? PS. Gas X helps but walk helps more!

Okay so I told myself not to get on the scale till my 2 week follow up coming Tuesday... I even promised my boyfriend because he told me it will do me more harm then good then to look often. I/We don't want me to become a slave to the scale... Well.. this was on Tuesday that we said this and... I failed. lol I looked today. I seem to be down another 2 pounds but I weighed myself 4 times and twice it said one weight and twice it said another soo.. I don't know.. won't count it till Tuesday. So I told my boyfriend and lol he said that the next time he is here he is stealing my scale. hmmm maybe thats a good idea... IDK. If the scale was right with the higher number, then I will be disappointed cause its no change from several days ago.. if its the other weight, then I will be content. STUPID SCALE..

AND WHY AM I HICCUPING SO MUCH... I fxxxing HURTS.

OMIGOSH I burped and hiccuped for four days and did not have a BM until the 5th day. I am actually afraid to get on the scale. I don't want to be disappointed.

I also went through RI Hospital- who is your surgeon? Dr. Roye performed my Realize band surgery. Just to let you know, the nurses were absolutely fantastic at the hospital. Each one was better than the last. They were all so positive and helpful.

I also wasn't required to go on the pre-op diet, but I went on full liquids for 10 days just because I thought it would help.

Hi K,

My doctor is Beth Ryder, she works out of the same office as Dr. Roye, I have heard that Roye taught Ryder for a year or so, before she started doing surgery herself. So Roye is awesome and my doc learned alot from him. This is what a friend told me that had Dr. Roye, so, I can't say I heard it myself. How did everything go for you? And was it your decision to stay overnight? what time did you get discharged?

I'm in Pawtucket, right up the street from you, this is cool to keep in touch and follow progress.

I hear you on the nurses! My cousin is one of them, but besides that the whole staff has been very very good ( exception of a certain secretary)... no names! I've been impressed so far, let's hope it goes as well for me on Weds.

Keep in touch!

Brenda

Hi K,

My doctor is Beth Ryder, she works out of the same office as Dr. Roye, I have heard that Roye taught Ryder for a year or so, before she started doing surgery herself. So Roye is awesome and my doc learned alot from him. This is what a friend told me that had Dr. Roye, so, I can't say I heard it myself. How did everything go for you? And was it your decision to stay overnight? what time did you get discharged?

I'm in Pawtucket, right up the street from you, this is cool to keep in touch and follow progress.

I hear you on the nurses! My cousin is one of them, but besides that the whole staff has been very very good ( exception of a certain secretary)... no names! I've been impressed so far, let's hope it goes as well for me on Weds.

Keep in touch!

Brenda

All in all, it was pretty smooth. I had to be at the hospital for 9:15 and my surgery was scheduled for 10:15. Dr. Roye had an emergency with another patient so I didn't go in on time. I was probably in about 30 minutes to 45 minutes later than scheduled. I know I got out of the operating room and into recovery around 12:30. I really wasn't fully consious until around 1:45. There was a shortage of beds in the hospital so I went from one recovery room to another and I didn't get into "Step Down" (my own room) until almost midnight. I had to stay overnight because I have sleep apnea, but I'm glad I stayed.

I've heard very good things about Dr. Ryder, too.

I also had a little issue with one of the secretary's in their office... she gave a bunch of us some mis-information.

Hi to everyone! I am beginning to think the scale is my enemy not my friend! Because I am compulsive I can.t stay off of it and lets face it if we are following doctors orders honestly ,the pounds have to come off at some point. I am thinking of getting rid of it. I ate like a banchee and must have gained ten lbs pre preop diet. I see my m.d. on tuesday to have my staples removed.I think his scale is the only one that counts!

Hi Brian! Thanks for your shopping list suggestions. I'm going to the store tonight, woot! I'm getting really excited now- just 6 days till the magic happens :thumbup:

I've been watching some excellent youtube videos from bandsters like bandedwendy, thebandinme, and skymoon1982. All awesome ladies who tell it like it is! I highly recommend checking them out.

Awesome, well I'm thinking of all of you. We can do this!!!

Sept. 23rd here I come!!!!

Hi Sarwenc, I with you, I will be Baneded on the 23 also.

I have to call the surgeons office Wednesday after to get my arrival time.

Last night HD took me shopping to get the things I need.

After the surgery I will be on a liquid diet for tow weeks

so I stock up on all kinds of liquids.

I also pick up Centrum chewable vitamins and Caltrate chewable Calcium.< /p>

I pick up 2 whey Protein Bullet to try I was told not to stock up until I see if I like the taste.

I will be ordering some other brands of Protein to see what I like the best.

Tomorrow I have to go to a support group that I was told I had to attain.

But most of all I'm nerves and scared:scared2::thumbup::scared2::scared2:

Hi everyone! Finally checking in. Surgery on Monday went well! Checked in by 9:30 and in recovery by 12. I had to stay overnight because I wasn't producing enough urine. All better now.

Dr. Ren repaired a small hiatal hernia and the referred shoulder pain from the diaphragm is KILLING me. Luckily, I had single incision surgery and have no pain at all from the incisions.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting liquids in. I'm struggling a little.

hi lillyegg welcome to the other side. lucky you only one incision , I have four that itch like crazy! It took me ten days to feel human. I thought this was going to be easier but lets face it if it was easier we would have tried this long ago. Good wishes for a speedy recovery.

I tried three years ago for approval- and was denied by connecticare.. the office staff was less than helpfu and told me to do an appeal on my own!

Now I have new surgeon who has an outstanding staff, switched to Aetna, and was approved in 2 days! I'll be banded next week- September 24...

Don't give up trying- it will happen for you too !

Hope everyone is doing well today!! I'm a little jealous of those of you who are on the other side already. I'm on day 5 of my pre-op diet and other than getting hungry I have been handling it better than I thought I would. Chewing sugarfree gum and drinking Special K Protein Water has helped me get through the afternoons.

Just came back from a short walk with my daughter and boy do I hurt! Good reminder of why I am going through with the surgery. Time to get my life back!!

Take care everyone - I continue to pray for everyone daily. Wendy