Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

had my surgery yesterday and just got back from the hospital today, boy am I tired and sore.

swissnis: Glad to hear from you. Keep us posted once you've rested:thumbup:

Got my surgery early today. My Dr requires us to stay over night so they may monitor us and make sure there are no complications. I feel good for the most part and I have a slight pain in my shoulders. This Morphine feels good but I'm not taking as much cause don't want to become dependedt on it. I am so happy to have done this and god bless you all

I've got my date!! You can add me to September 22nd! Yay!!

My date is September 22nd too! Yeah us!

Hey Danielle!

My appointment yesterday was to set my surgery date (Sept.22nd - whoot! whoot!) I certainly hope everything went well for you yesterday!

I understand your rant about self-doubting because of the cash... but no amount of money is worth more than the self assurance we are going to gain with looking and feeling better! :blushing: The way I see it, I always seem to put everyone else first in life - this time?? I am doing something for ME! and lets face it - everyone who matters will benefit from it too. Money is money - we cant take it with us when we go - so lets live it up while we are still alive! :couch2:

~Tiffany

Tiffany we have the same date (September 22nd) 2 weeks from today, I love that I can keep on track with same day bandsters!

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I start my pre-op tomorrow diet and get banded on the 23rd September. Hope everything goes well for everyone.

I don't understand it, everyone talks about the "pre op" diet I don't have one, I just have to do fluids 1 day before surgery! Is it the insurance provider or the doctor making up the rules?

I don't understand it, everyone talks about the "pre op" diet I don't have one, I just have to do fluids 1 day before surgery! Is it the insurance provider or the doctor making up the rules?

Its the surgeon. They all seem to have different ways of doing things. Mine likes patients to have Optifast for 2 weeks to shrink down the liver to make surgery easier. I guess they all have their own little preferences. You are lucky although I just tried my first shake and I actually quite like it :blushing:

Got my surgery early today. My Dr requires us to stay over night so they may monitor us and make sure there are no complications. I feel good for the most part and I have a slight pain in my shoulders. This Morphine feels good but I'm not taking as much cause don't want to become dependedt on it. I am so happy to have done this and god bless you all

Yay NYsLegend! You did it :blushing: Rest up tonight and you'll be ready for home.

I have to stay overnight too, which is a bummer but my husband feels better about it so I'll suck it up.

I learned a lot today from my doctor and how he will work my band that fit me best. His philosophy is that around 2 weeks our stomachs are starting to heal and our appetite will be returning. Which is why I had a fill today. He also said that I will continue with WEEKLY fills for the rest of my 6 week liquid diet phase. :couch2:

He thinks the transition to food is easier if I have some restriction before I start eating again and start off eating smaller portions and being happy with those portions. Instead of going onto food, having to fight hunger pains, risk eating too much, then getting some restriction and learning over again how to eat.

So about the Fill. I was directed into a room that had an x-ray machine. She showed me my port and then showed me my band. AND yes it's intact. I was watching her move her hand (with the needle) on the TV screen and when she got right over the center of the port, she said here we go. I did feel it go in and it was like a shot (it stung) and then she moved the port around to make sure (I guess) that she was inside the port. That felt really weird. While I was talking she was moving around and before my sentence was over, she said we are done. She then had me drink the barium and we both got to watch it go through the band. Kinda cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

highlojack -- Hello. My doctor did not have a pre-op diet either. He's only words were to drink 2 Protein Shakes and have one sensible meal, even up to the night before surgery. I opted (after hearing everyone's stories here) to go ahead with a all liquid diet and all clear 2 days before surgery. It paid off for me because I was offered an earlier surgery date.

NYsLegend78 -- It is a great feeling to finally have the surgery behind you. I hope all goes well tonight for you and you get to go home tomorrow. I don't think you will have to worry about getting addicted to the morphine unless you have a source of it once you leave the hospital. So enjoy your evening and morphine. :blushing:

swissnis -- Glad to hear from you so soon after your surgery. I slept all day, my first day home and then most of the second day home. Then I was caught up on my sleep.

shellyh -- congratulations on being able to walk away from cigarettes.

stateofzen -- You'll be able to go to work Monday but will be a little sore and really tired by the end of the day. Hopefully you don't have too many classes on Monday. I'm sure your students would not mind an "out-of-classroom" project.

lauravarley -- Welcome to the family and congratulations on getting your surgery date.

LisaA -- Hi Lisa, my doctor simple stated to shoot for 64 ozs of clear fluids (tea, Water, sugar-free juices, etc) BUT everyone is different and said that some people stay hydrated with less fluids. He said to watch my urine and that will be the best monitor. Keep your pee a very pale yellow, which for me is actually less than 64oz. My staple is crystal Decaf tea.

Brian-LA -- Hi Brian, How are you doing today?

Cathy

Cathy-

I think your doctor has the right idea on fills and I appreciate you talking about your experience. Waiting months for a fill has always seemed strange to me, but I guess you gotta go with your doc!

Thanks for giving me feedback on work-- I only have one class on Monday and one class on Tuesday, so I'm hoping I can just do short work days while I'm tired.

Originally Posted by highlojack viewpost.gif

I was told the same, I will be on fluids also the day before surgery. Make me fill like I'm being cheated LOL:lol::cursing:

Yesterday I arrived for my appointment at 9:00 did not get out of the Dr office until 1:30, and I still had more things to take care of , tomorrow I have another

appointment for x rays, blood work and a visit with Nutrition Consult. I gust I will get out around 2:30. But the day are getting closer.

Everyone that had surgery today I wish you well and hope to see you with us soon.

Butterfly2010, aliciaj, Olsweetmusic, You are in my prays, tomorrow is your big day. Just think tomorrow this time you will be in Banded Land :blushing::thumbup::couch2::thumbup::smile2::thumbup:

I am starting to count my hours down... They called with my "arrival time" earlier today. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 am; which made me very happy! Don't want to wait another minute longer to fly into bandland...I have taken my first of two showers with the hospital soap and will take my nail polish offffff in a few minutes....

Had my last meal at 7 pm, thougt about something special first but then decided to stick with my low carb fish and veggies diet. I am excited! Aaaaaaaaand nervous.... but more excited!

It has been great to read all the posts along the way and I hope I will be able to post soon again.... well if I can't sleep I will just read and post all night ...:blushing:

Any prayers are very welcome!!!!

Ready to fly in NC!

Prayers your way!

I am starting to count my hours down... They called with my "arrival time" earlier today. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 am; which made me very happy! Don't want to wait another minute longer to fly into bandland...I have taken my first of two showers with the hospital soap and will take my nail polish offffff in a few minutes....

Had my last meal at 7 pm, thougt about something special first but then decided to stick with my low carb fish and veggies diet. I am excited! Aaaaaaaaand nervous.... but more excited!

It has been great to read all the posts along the way and I hope I will be able to post soon again.... well if I can't sleep I will just read and post all night ...:blushing:

Ready to fly in NC!

Ready to fly in NC!

Best wishes to you!!!

Butterfly2010, aliciaj, Olsweetmusic: Good Luck tomorrow-will be thinking of you guys.

Cathy: Thanks for the info... I hope that's how my dr. does it because it sounds right to me, but I guess I'll find out:)

I'm glad to hear that all the ones that have been banded are doing well:thumbup: Congrats....

Today was the first day of my pre-op diet. Had a Protein Drink for Breakfast, one for lunch and I sure enjoyed my dinner. I have a question, do you guys mix your powder with Water or milk? I mixed mine with water but I was thinking of doing it with milk so it could be thicker.... Thanks for any advise...

Edited by mom05

I AM BACK !!!! And I have very little pain or discomfort... actually I feel almost 98% NORMAL RIGHT NOW. The 2% is for the big gauze bandage at my belly button where the port is and some very little gas. I am actually feeling no pain at all. Maybe it might change in a hour or a day but now 8 hours Post Surgery I feel great. I feel renewed !!! :cursing::couch2::blushing::smile2::tt1:

Anyway I get there 11:20am, filled forms, and go into Pre-Op. I actually had my surgery is a upscale Surgery Center - Valencia Town Center Surgery which is in an upscale outdoor mall. I didn't think much of it at first but behind the store front lobby is a fully equipped and staffed O.R. I was amazed. And it was upscale and nice to boot - not very sterile hospital like but a nice operating room / recovery room.

My Doctor is Dr. Michael Feiz of Beverly Hills and I did in in Dr. Mark Lussier's Valencia Town Center Surgery. Dr. Feiz is my surgeon who stopped counting his Lap Bands after 1000 and he does 10-15 a week. Dr. Lussier is the Surgery Center owner / boss / Plastic Surgeon and he has been extraordinary in his support.

The actual surgery I have no recollection of as I was out like a light. I woke up around 2pm after a 40 minute surgery. He also fixed my Hiatal Hernia. I was pretty groggy and in some discomfort but no real pain just very very groggy and discomfort / annoyance.

I got home around 3pm and went to bed immediately / out like a light. I woke up around 7pm and have felt basically normal ever since. Actually as I type this I feel great - hopefully I just didn't jinx myself or I don't know how I will feel tomorrow... But I do feel great now.

-Brian :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: