Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Hey all,

Just wanted to check in. Tomorrow is the big day. I drank the magnesium citrate, had my husband give me the Lovenox shot, and took the shower with the special soap I was given. I have had my final liquid meal. I'm nervous and excited. As of noon today, I still wasn't sure the surgery was a go due to a problem with low potassium which has since resolved (Dr. quadrupled my Rx potassium dosage for the past few days). Fortunately, all went well, and I was told this afternoon to be at the hospital tomorrow by 5:30am. You guys are the greatest. I'll check in again when I can.

I start my 2 week pre-diet tomorrow.. OMG!!! I haven't rec'd my samples of Syntrax, so I will take Isopure but it didn't taste that great:frown:

NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign, lemonchick,

Brian-LA: Good luck tomorrow guys... Will be thinking of you, keep us posted as soon as you guys feel well..:)

Stephanie24p: Welcome!!! you will find this site so helpful, just like I have. Everyone has been wonderful...

Hi MOM05 !

I can't believe by this time tomorrow I will be banded. Hopefully all goes well. Currently I am still getting more Post Op stuff and getting ready to be a shut in for a few days after. Got my prescriptions today, got more Protein Drinks plus chicken broth ( my doc recommends hot Clear Liquids in the first 24 hours - cold restricts and hot or warm is comforting ). I still have to go pick up Gatorade, Apple Sauce ( for mashing in my prescription drugs into ) and sugar free Popsickles. Hopefully I can get some sleep although going without fluids for 12 hours Pre-Op SUCKS !!!!

-Brian :)

Hi MOM05 !

I can't believe by this time tomorrow I will be banded. Hopefully all goes well. Currently I am still getting more Post Op stuff and getting ready to be a shut in for a few days after. Got my prescriptions today, got more Protein Drinks plus chicken broth ( my doc recommends hot Clear Liquids in the first 24 hours - cold restricts and hot or warm is comforting ). I still have to go pick up Gatorade, Apple Sauce ( for mashing in my prescription drugs into ) and sugar free Popsickles. Hopefully I can get some sleep although going without fluids for 12 hours Pre-Op SUCKS !!!!

Hi Brian... don't forget sugar-free Jello. Also my friend recommended the broth from Trader Joe's (I think you guys have some up in LA). Another good recipe she told me (when you can start eating) she did the instant mashed potatoes with Water put some Mrs. Dash and broccali (cook it in water first until it is very soft) and mixe it in the blender. She told me it taste good.. Good Luck tomorrow...

Good luck to those of you being banded tomorrow, we'll be thinking of you guys. NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign, lemonchick, Brian-LA

stephanie24p -- Hi Stephanie - congratulations on getting a surgery date and welcome to the family. Don't be quiet.

qtney1 -- Congratulations and welcome

lbtss16 -- Hello- glad to hear from so many new people. Congratulations on your surgery date and welcome to the family.

risenhour1 - You sure are in the fast lane for this surgery. We are here if you need us or have any questions. Plenty of opinions too. Congratulations

stephanie1975 -- Congratulations on having your surgery done. How are you getting along? What is your post-op diet like?

Desiree1972 -- Glad to have you a part of our family. Good luck this week.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I go tomorrow for my first fill. Ouch.

Not looking forward to this. My husband thinks it silly that I was excited about surgery but scared of a needle now. If he only understood.

Cathy

Good luck to all of this week's banders!! I'll be thinking of all of you and hoping all goes smoothly!

And good luck with your fill Cathy...deeeeep breath!

Keep us posted!

Hey all,

Just wanted to check in. Tomorrow is the big day. I drank the magnesium citrate, had my husband give me the Lovenox shot, and took the shower with the special soap I was given. I have had my final liquid meal. I'm nervous and excited. As of noon today, I still wasn't sure the surgery was a go due to a problem with low potassium which has since resolved (Dr. quadrupled my Rx potassium dosage for the past few days). Fortunately, all went well, and I was told this afternoon to be at the hospital tomorrow by 5:30am. You guys are the greatest. I'll check in again when I can.

Congratulations!!! I'm praying for you. It's good to see an "Alabama Girl" here. I thought maybe I was the only overweight female in Alabama. But we won't be for long!:)

Hi Mom05 ! Actually I didn't forget the sugar free Jello BUT as a single guy living by himself I didn't actually have any containers to hold it in. I just got back from the store and bought some Pyrex bowls / containers for the hot stuff. Yes we have tons of Trader Joes here in fact I have one less then a mile away. Great store. I also bought about six bottles of Gatorade C2... which I didn't know about. My Doc said it was a good idea because I will definitely need to rehydrate after and I didn't know about the Gatorade C2 is actually the low cal version. I also bought three boxes of sugar free popsickles. :blush:

Hi Cathy ! Hopefully your fill went well / great. How are you feeling ? Back to 100% yet ?

Wow I can't wait to change / edit my profile from Pre-Op to Post Op tomorrow !!! :)

To all my fellow Sept. 8th Bandsters - Good Luck and God Speed on your recoveries !!! :blush:

-Brian

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I start my pre-op tomorrow diet and get banded on the 23rd September. Hope everything goes well for everyone.

So I am 6 days down on my 14 day Optifast VLCD diet. No meat or Carbs, I am only allowed veggies (minus potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, peas and corn or other starchy vegetables). I am also able to have 1 cup of strawberries/raspberries per day. I also have to drink 3 litres of Water each day (not easy).

I really struggled with the diet on day two and three and came very close to cheating a couple of times. Particuarly when I had to visit the Mall to buy my Dad a Fathers Day Present. As soon as I stepped off the escalators I was hit with a smell of bacon and eggs(it smelt devine!). But I managed to resist all the food in the food court as I walked past. This has made the following days a little easier because I proved to myself that I can resist the temptation even when I feel I desperately want to eat and I am alone without "anyone" to see me cheat.

It has also been great to read everyones stories here... it is great to know that others are also going through what I am.

I now only have 9 days before I am banded and I am starting to get very excited. I feel like my new life is about to begin. A life full of regained enegery, enthusiam, and positivity!

I cant wait to read about all our transformations over the coming months and years! :)

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 8

NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign, lemonchick, Brian-LA

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 9 - Butterfly2010, aliciaj, Olsweetmusic

September 10 - ally UK, angelpix, jmariedel, jlr58, Mandyrae, Desiree1972

September 11 - missjoany

Next Week:

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake, bandalley, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123, glitteryvampiregirl, ConB113*, glitteryvampiregirl

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo, leeblewb

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, kissalovoe, matzobeans, sugarmoma, stephanie24p*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz, AnnaOz, MrsFitand42, maxi2010, risenhour1

Following Week:

September 20 - RACandler, mytrice, Natalka, lbtss16*

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus*

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl

Last Week of Sept:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA, ocbutterfly, david314

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1*

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

wendyhart

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

Scarred4Life

jakealta

29 have crossed over to Bandland:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

BandedNellie - from CT

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

cece1967 -from CA

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

donnalys - from AL

Esin - from London, England

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

gracerev - Pastor from GA

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jshort - Jennifer from MO

kydman - from KY

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

lemonchick - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

msmith73 - from NH

Nani4five - from MI

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - from OK

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - from MD

spitfireleo - from MA

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

swissnis - from IL

Best wishes to NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign, lemonchick, Brian-LA crossing over into BandLand today!!! I wish you guys the best and a fast recovery.

Post-op day 6 here in Oklahoma today...the past couple have been rough for me, bad nausea and left shoulder pain. I just read Bandednellie said moist heat, I think I will try that here in just a few minutes. Other than that, I haven't been too hungry, just trying to get all the Fluid down. I have a hard time forcing myself to drink LOL...

How are all you post-op peeps doing? I hope everyone is feeling fine...I go back to work next Tuesday....dreading that, but on the other hand, I'm ready. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Good Luck to all those getting banded today. I hope all goes well.

Ok all, I keep hearing about how much liquid you should be taking and how hard it is.

Please tell me- how much fluids are you supposed to take in post op for your clear liquid week

and what clear liquids are you doing

and what is your favorite.

I want to stock up.

good luck everyone going in- exciting you are entering a new world.