Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All july 2009 bandsters

We are getting lost in the crowd. We need to keep communicating with each other. It has slowed way down for me. Lost 68 lbs in my first year . . . wanted more but not giving up.

Lets hear from some more July 2009 bandsters!!!

Cheri

Banded July 9, 09. I've lost 100 pounds and am plugging along. I think I may have to exercise to get the last 14 pounds off.

Wow Humming Bird that is great!! I am trying to get back to the basics and see if I can jump start my weightloss again. Hope we hear from some more July 2009 people. Again way to go!!!!

Cheri

Thanks. I know the July 2009 bandsters are lurking around someplace.

hey

im still here. i agree we do need to start back communicating more....i need my july banders lol.

im trying to refocus too. i've lost quite a bit of weight but i still have a long journey ahead of me.

i know there are alot others still out there and we have to find a way to get our month back active again.

Thanks for your help. I like see how our group is doing slow or fast weightloss just hope everyone feels good about themselves

Cheri

I was banded 7/22/09... I've lost about 78 pounds and I need to really get back to the basics. I feel great but still have alot more to lose. It's wonderful to get all the nice compliments, to be able to wear misses clothing, but I need to get back on track and to become alot more serious about finishing the job I started out to do. In the beginning, I was so faithful about reading and keeping up on our lapband talk. I use to record everything I ate, which I really enjoyed doing. It wasn't a chore, and it helped so much. Starting tomorrow, I pledge to do this for a week. Anyone want to join me??? Will just take it a day at a time.....

I also need to get back on track. I lost about 55 pounds quickly and have been plateaued for a few months mainly because I have slacked off on my exercise and food journal. I accept the challenge to log what I am eating. I have the realize band and it has a great website for keeping track of everything. Starting tonight I will use the website and check in here!

im not sure if you both are still doing this but i want to jump in as well. i too was doing great in the beginning and it did not seem like a chore either. i use to love to exercise but now its a different story, i have to force myself to do it. so i think its a great idea to get back to the basics. im even thinking about going back to liquids for a couple of days to just get my focus back.

Hi Girls. Glad to hear from you all. I am experiencing something new right now, I think it's genuine restriction!! This is so weird. I had my last fill 7/15. Usually within a few days afterwards, I really don't experience great restriction. I just have to work hard and eat the right things which is not always easy. Well, right now I can barely eat 1/2 cup food and I am full....It just started all of a sudden. Does this sound like I've hit my sweet spot that I've heard others talk about?? Seems strange that it would take that many days after a fill. I really don't know how many total cc's I have, I'm going to ask at my next appt. I was banded 7/22/2009, so I've passed my year mark. Hopefully I will see the scale start to move again. Good luck to you all, and let's try to stay in touch--let me know you you are doing.

Sounds like you might have got to your sweet spot. My fills are so tight at first and it takes months for them to loosen up to normal.

I have been doing very low carb, not no carb for the past 2 weeks and dropped 5 lbs. It is the first weight I have lost in 2 months. Anything to get that scale to move.

Let keep talking!!

Cheri

Cheri, to drop 5 pounds in two weeks after being banded a year is wonderful!!!! My scales just stopped from about April to the present---it was like my body was saying, ok, I'm done--don't need to lose anymore, just maintain..I have noticed about 2 pounds that is staying off.. I'm a scaleaholic---every morning, first thing hit the scale. This past week has really been an eye opener and a surprise. Remember all of the lapband rules we were to follow-- eat very very slow, drink very very slow, eat Protein first, no snacking etc etc etc. at first I really applied all of that, but as the months went on, I found that by eating protein first, my other food got cold, so for me I could still eat enough protein but was able to like eat a salad first. Right now, I know for sure that I am going to have to make every bight count in order to get my protein in--and I get sick if I drink too fast--I'm really hoping this doesnt change. It's what I always wanted--great restriction- but never really had. So will see. Don't mean to be so winded, but just unwinding. Listen, I hope you continue to do great on this journey--and girls, let's continue to talk and encourage one another. I know our lives can get so busy with work and family--but we started this journey together--lets Celebrate when we hit our goals, and to always remember what a different life we are experiencing now. I've never been so happy about the changes that I've made

great news.........the scale is definitely starting to move again.....what a relief

Hi Ladies,

I was stuck for a looong time.. months. And then I started gaining. <sigh> I am making poor choices and not exercising. It is not a mystery to me why this is happening but I feel powerless to stop it. Every day I sayI say I will get back on track and then something happens that day and I say 'tomorrow'. I am frustrated with myself. I don't understand why I keep sabotaging myself.

Tomorrow I will make an effort to STOP THE SNACKING and log my food.

I can do this. We can do this! :)

Lisa, I am so glad you posted...Yes you and we can and will complete this journey together. You have lost 60 pounds, that is great. I know what it's like to stay the same for months...I am happy to say, my scales are finally starting to move. That can and will happen for you. For some reason, all of a sudden I've got great restriction. How is your restriction? Is it time for a fill? More importantly than that, I started making better decisions about my food intake. I got out my food journal and reviewed as to what i was eating the first six months after surgery. It is so easy to let our old habits creep back in. I really believe when you sit back and remember why you started this, how miserable and unhappy we were before lapband, how hard you have worked, you are going to say NO NO NO I refuse to go back to that life..We all must remember and I think about this alot--lapband is a tool---not a miracle cure. It takes work and dedication. For me this tool is exactly what I needed to be able to finally succeed at loosing weight.. Most importantly, I am able to finally keep it off. I refuse to yo-yo ever again. I am going to be successful. Lisa, I say this from the heart, if I can do it, I know that you can do it. I am 61 years old--I have struggled with a weight problem since elementary school. I am a Christian, and felt so bad that I wasn't able to hand this problem over to God, and to take better care of my body. Now, I thank God every morning for allowing me to have this procedure and I am now a better witness for him. Losing weight has allowed me to come out of my shell, to be more self confident, and most importantly, more energy and feeling so so much better. I have found that also coming back to Lapbandtalk is really helping.. I was surprised to see how many others are dealing with the same problems that I have. Sorry to be so winded, but it feels good sometimes to let it all out. I want to hear from you if you can on a weekly basis. Let's all try to do that and see where we are 4 weeks from now. I'm not talking about a scale thing either. We all know, if we go back to the basics and follow the lapband rules, those scales have no choice but to move. Take care everyone.