Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All july 2009 bandsters

I am a Christian also and so agree with you. I also deal with depression when I have nothing in my life to be depressed about really and I have felt like I have fail and disappointed God by not being able to handle my life and to be full of joy when I have so many reasons to be. I told my husband I could not deal with the weight and the depression and I have done everything in my power to rid myself of this depression and have not won the battle yet. So that is my reason for getting the Band because I can lose the weight just never been able to keep it off now I hope the Band will help with that. My scale is still moving since changing to low carb a couple of weeks ago after months of nothing. I really feel better with less carbs. Hope everyone is doing good.

Cheri

Hi, thanks for responding to me. My restriction is good. I really don't feel like I need a fill. A fill isn't going to stop my snacking. I am eating around the band at this point. I am letting stress dictate my actions. A fill isn't going to stop that. It really helps to be here. To post. And to remember why I did this in the first place! Shall we have a weekly check in thread or should we just do it here? So here is my weekly check in. I think you are right. If we focus on the basics, the weight will take care of itself.

For my weekly check in, I will focus on getting my Water. I have struggled with this from day 1. I am also going to work on not responding to stress with food. Here's to a great week!

Hi folks! I hope some of you guys are still here... I have definitely hit a plateau time. I am exercising four days hard at the gym and hiking on one other day. Yet, the scale has become still... and yes, I think I've been a bit depressed for the last few weeks and snacking on junk has came back screaming its ugly head off! So I to need to start journaling. Keep in touch all. Best of luck and lots of prayers from KY

im so glad we are posting more, it seems alot of us are having similar issues. i too am able to eat around the band when i choose too. this really is a lifetime journey. im glad everyone is being so open and honest and honest about our issues.

Can't believe I haven't posted for a week or so. Right now I'm out of town and don't have any scales to weigh.....I'm a scaleaholic, so I am kind of antzy without them. My restriction is still good and just still taking it a day at a time. Hope you all are doing well...talk later

Hello ladies,

I've been missing in action for the entire summer but, now more than ever I need to get it in gear to lose these last 15lbs. I was banded July 1, 09 and I'm down 102lbs and I'm scheduled for my Tummy Tuck on Oct 27th...so, exciting but, yet that has motivated me to get back on my spin bike. Time to follow the rules,journal my food and decrease the carbs. Continued success everyone :blushing:

Okay time for an update from all July 2009 Bandsters. I am down 80 lbs and would like to lose 20 more if possible. How about everyone else?

Cheri

I'm down about 80 pounds also.. You know I've done pretty good avoiding complications, except for when my port flipped and they had to go in and repair it back in May... Well, all of a sudden, things are happening. Last Saturday thought I had a stomach bug... Wondering if any of you have this problem. I can't throw up---I just get horrific dry heaves. I called and spoke to my PA, I told her I had a bug and asked if this not having anything come up was common. She said unfortunately some do have this problem. Well by Wed night I wasn't any better. Started checking out different problems about the lapband, and knew something was going on with band instead of a bug. Doctor saw me Thursday, all my symptoms showed that my band was too tight, so some liquid was removed and they scheduled me for the next day to have a upper GI. Afraid withall my dry heaves, maybe band had slipped. Good news about that, it doesn't look like it had slipped. Also put me on a generic of nexium. Last night had a violent episode , tonight I have had 2 bad ones. Praying that the medicine will get into my system soon and help. Was told if this continues, will need to come in Monday for more liquid to be taken out. I haven't had to have a fill for approx 2 months, have great restriction and thought I was at my sweet spot finally. I did not know that your band can tighten up on you even if you hadn't had an adjustment for a year. So it is still a learning process. Well, had to unload. I'm a little nervous---don't want anyone messing with my band, but I can't go on like this. Hopefully will be able to fix this problem.

09Freedom, So sorry you are having such trouble. I have throwup since I was first banded. So far no slip and I hope it never does. For some reason my “stuck” never goes down it always comes up since the beginning. I am finally getting to a point where it WILL go down if I wait it out. I think my gag reflex just happens too easy and that is why it comes up. I have not had a fill since February, but had to go low carb (not no carb) to continue losing weight.

Cheri

hey

im still about 80lbs down, i have not WI in about a month....i was not eating healthy, got too comfy with the lighter me. i can feel it now so i knew it was time to get back on the boards and focus again. i do not want to be 345 again.

im going to officially WI in thew morning and update my ticker to reflect the truth. i need to go join a challenge just to get back in the groove of things. keep up the good work!

Hey all! I seldom return anymore, but I think I will have to start coming back much more often! Since Jan I have been stuck between 276-283. I had reflux in April and had some fill removed. I maybe should have re-adjusted since then, but I'm not going to lie. I enjoyed my graduation and time off. I'm adjusting to life as an intern and still afraid of reflux in combo with stress. However, I just cannot get over that I had lost my first 60 lbs in under 6 mo, 70 overall, but nothing in the last 10 mo!! ahhhh, so disappointed. I failed myself and my band, but no more. I went and got a fill. I am getting back on track...starting today!

11/7/10 cw 279.6

Okay where are all the July 2009 people we need to hear from you all!

Cheri

hi

i have set an appt to go in to my dr. i have not been in a few months, i thought i was ready to do this for awhile on my own but oh no....i was not ready.

im headed to the gym today after work today, there is a zumba class i have wanted to try so today is the day.

this has been a fight for all of us im sure but just keep on moving.

My weight lose has slowed down to nothing. I still have the last 20 lbs I want to lose. Anyone of the July 2009 people going through this? What did you do? Help!!!

Cheri