Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never thought I could lose over 100lbs

I've hit the 106lbs mark. I never thought I would do it. And to top that off I made it to ONEDERLAND. The lapband is an amazing tool that works if you're willing to commit yourself to the lifestyle change.

See everyone asks me what my secret is. I simply tell them that it's motivation. For me this was the last straw. I tried everything else. And I was tired of being a failure to food. I was tired of letting food run my life. I am a food addict. And before anything ever works, you have to admit that you have a problem first before you can start fixing it. I was also tired of being fat. And I didn't want to die at a young age.

So I put my all into this and it worked. It all depends on how much you want to work for it. And you have to understand also that everyone makes mistakes. You just need to learn from those mistakes and pull yourself back onto the path. You can't just keep walking into the woods. You won't find your way back. Beleive in yourself and it will happen.

I'm not an exercise fanatic. But I walk all of the time. I eat junk food once and awhile. But not like I used to. I reward myself once and awhile for my hard work. And I don't beat myself up if I don't lose any weight or if I gain a pound or two. I just try harder. New banders, especially, if you feel the need to cheat, be careful. If you want to be successful you need to follow your doctors instructions.

Good luck to everyone. I wish you as much success as I have had. I can honestly say for the first time in 26 years I feel sexy.

Congratulations!

Congrats and good luck on those last 13!!!

Ya that is awesome. I am thinking the same thing. Can I ask about your daily food intake? Do you count calories or just eat what you want basically but just less of it? I am just getting started so I am asking everyone what works best for them? Thanks

Ya that is awesome. I am thinking the same thing. Can I ask about your daily food intake? Do you count calories or just eat what you want basically but just less of it? I am just getting started so I am asking everyone what works best for them? Thanks

I count calories. I'm on an 800 to 1100 calorie diet a day. Sometimes I do a little more because its good to shock your body once and awhile or it gets used to the same calorie intake and your weight will stall.

Congrats to you, that is awesome. I just had my surgery on 07/21 and have lost 17 lbs in the first week. It is so wonderful to see it coming off after all of these years. I have 101 more to go. Your story makes me excited that I might actually be able to do it this time with the band. Thank you for sharing and good luck on the last 13. Sounds like you have it in the bag.

CONGRATS!!!! fANTASTIC JOB, You've lost really fast also. It took me 2yrs to get to goal and I'm so happy I got the band, It has been life changing.

Thank you everyone. Although things have slowed way down now. I think the last 13lbs will be the hardest to get off but I know they will come off. I've made it this far. I'm not getting discouraged now. I'm so happy that I got the lapband. At the start I didn't know how I would do with it, but I honestly have to say I am soooooooo glad that I did. It wasn't easy getting to where I am now but it is 10 times easier then the yo-yo diets that I was on before.

I truely have to say for anyone that is thinking about getting this done, it's probably one of the most important things you could do for yourself. It's a very scarey process and it's definately not the 'easy way out'. It's a Lifestyle change and anyone that comes into this process thinking that because the band is placed your job is done, is WRONG!! If that's your mind set, then the lapband is definately not for you. The band does work for you and it does make things easier for you, but you have to work also.

For anyone that is discouraged because the weight isn't coming off like you want it to...we didn't get fat overnight. It's not going to fall off over night. Please don't get discouraged, it will come off. We have all worked very hard to get where we are today. You got your lapband for a reason. I know my reason was to stay alive. Everyone should feel proud of themselves. Even those that have just started the process.

For those that are on the pre-op diets. This is the part that truely sucks. But you can make it. You too will be looking back someday and the pre-op diet will be a thing of the past. Hang in there.

Biggest thing I have to say to everyone is that you can't do this alone. You need the support of others. If you have a support group in your area. PLEASE GO. This website is great but there is nothing like having people directly infront of you that you can relate to.

Also if you are having problems or not loseing the weight. Journal, your food. You may be suprised at what your taking in.

I'm proud of you. You should be too.