Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much calories do u consume daily?

I'm wondering since I'm worried that the band wont work on me,

how much calories does a banded person eat approx?

That is one of those "it depends" answers. Here is a free site I found to be really helpful Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com.

You put in the data: your current weight, measurements, goals, exercise plans, etc. and it will calculate the calories, carbs, fat, Protein, sodium, etc. The food diary is great if you are committed to logging in EVERYTHING you eat or drink: great data base of common products. There is a place to log in your exercise -- again it has a broad spectrum to select from. Very simple, very easy and if you don't cheat (well, we all end up cheating a little) you will lose weight. When you finish for the day it will calculate what your weight will be in five weeks if you continue the same pattern.

I am sure there are others but this one works for me.

Be strong. Think positive. It isn't where you were that matters; it is where you will be. This is a marathon not a sprint. You will be as successful as you envision it.

And forgive yourself by being stronger every day.

Regards,

i used Fitday for a while to log my food intake.

let's say it is surprising if you are honest and list everything you put in your mouth.

that being said, i'm between 1200-1600 calories on most days.

yesterday i had to work at getting my protein.........only ate 2 meals which isn't good.

i had a late Breakfast and a early evening meal at a graduation party. fortunately for me i very seldom get really hungry.

i still have to watch my bad habits of wanting to nibble at night.........boredom contributes to that.

They told me to take your weight and multiply it by 7 and don't go over that number if you want to continue to lose. but everyones Doc is different. So right now i'm at about 1050. Fitday really helps keep track. I thought I was getting plenty and when I started journaling again I found out I was to low hence the stall in weightloss so I had to up my intake and just got to goal.

I average about 600 calories a day. Last week I had a low of 313 calories one day and a high of 765 calories. Today I've had 477 calories.

I like to track everything I eat so I can see how much I'm eating and what kind of nutrients, Protein, etc.

My Dr. has said that once I reach my goal weight we will talk about upping my caloires and portion sizes. Until then, as long as I'm continuing to lose, he is fine with my total intake.

I average about 600 calories a day. Last week I had a low of 313 calories one day and a high of 765 calories. Today I've had 477 calories.

I like to track everything I eat so I can see how much I'm eating and what kind of nutrients, Protein, etc.

My Dr. has said that once I reach my goal weight we will talk about upping my caloires and portion sizes. Until then, as long as I'm continuing to lose, he is fine with my total intake.

Thats all you eat! I cant believe your doctor is ok with that. Thats crazy!

I was eating 1000-1200 and it was not enough, as my weight loss stopped! I am now trying to get 1300-1500.

Certifiable nutcase! :biggrin: Both you and your witch-doctor. What in the world are you trying to do? Are you like 65 pounds! I just pulled this caveat off a calorie counter website: If your goal is to lose weight by burning off excess body fat, aim to eat 500 fewer calories per day than your daily caloric needs, and maintain or increase your exercise activity. Do not go below 1200 calories per day unless on a medically supervised weight loss program or after consultation with your doctor.

I would at least get a second opinion. I thought we were all here to lose weight and LIVE a healthier and overall better life. I have lost 90 pounds in just under four months averaging just over 3#/week now and I am doing between 900 and 1300 calories and exercising daily. My daily and healthy Snacks alone exceed 300.

You are jiving aren't you?:)

How do you get over 1000 calories in you? I'm rarely hungry and I know I'm not eating enough. I don't want to stall my weight loss, but I don't want to force myself to eat. Life with this band seems like a real catch 22.

How do you get over 1000 calories in you? I'm rarely hungry and I know I'm not eating enough. I don't want to stall my weight loss, but I don't want to force myself to eat. Life with this band seems like a real catch 22.

I eat when im not hungry. I eat every 2-4 hours. But my meals are small. Your weight loss will stall if you stay at such low calories, mine did, thats why im upping my calories.

As goofy as it may sound, you actually lose weight by moving your calorie bar up. This might help to explain it better than I can; it is from ShapeFit.com:

In terms of calories, if you're not eating enough, your body will most likely go into a "storage" mode. This is basically because the moment your body thinks its not getting enough food, it will horde all the calories and hold onto the fat since it thinks its going into starvation mode. Your body will also slow down your metabolism because it thinks a "fasting state" may be close and it will want to preserve as much energy as possible. This is done through holding tight onto the fat stores and not releasing them.

The key is to increase your calories with highly nutrient dense food to fuel your body! I would recommend not eating any less than 1,500 calories/day and make sure your Protein levels are kept high. In terms of diet, I would focus on lean Protein sources (chicken breast, turkey breast, egg whites) and lean fibrous carbs coming mostly from non-starchy vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, yellow squash, green peppers, etc.) Try and limit all starchy carbs from your diet and limit fruit after 6pm, since it contains lots of simple sugars which will effect your insulin levels and hinder your weight loss.

Makes sense doesn't it?

I understand how metabolism works and everything , but if you're not hungry, how do you eat? That's my problem.

I understand how metabolism works and everything , but if you're not hungry, how do you eat? That's my problem.

I put food in my mouth, i chew it , then i swallow.

I never allow myself to get hungry, but I never eat enough to get full because I know i will be eating again soon.

Sorry. I thought it was worth another view. I know how it works, too, but every now and then I go back and re-read things like that and I actually get something different out of it. But that's just me.

What does your doctor say? Have you told her/him about this?

Did you have eating issues in your life before banding?

I don't think this forum is going to provide you with the help you need. If I were you, I'd get the experts involved and let them figure this out with you. Spitballing for answers doesn't seem like the best strategy.

Good luck, kiddo! :)