Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for locals in Orange County.

Hey everyone.. My name is Nicole and I live in the San Clemente Area. Im in the process of approval right now so thats that. Im 25 and I have a 2 1/2 year old son.. Anyone want to talk i would love to share my journey...

Hey everyone.. My name is Nicole and I live in the San Clemente Area. Im in the process of approval right now so thats that. Im 25 and I have a 2 1/2 year old son.. Anyone want to talk i would love to share my journey...

:D

hi,

I live in chino hills and just got banded 3/26/11. I am 55. So far ok. One thing I never knew was that we don't get a fill till like 6wks later, so at first I was starving after surgery, I am still hungry, but not as bad. NOw I am on soft foods which is such a help. i also forget to mention to my Dr.

about which band he was putting in. the lapband or the realize band.

My son lives out in O.C. Newport.

Sincerely

oceanswaves@aol.com;)

I live in Norwalk and work in Buena Park. I was banded back in June of 2009. I am down 102 lbs so for. I have 17 to 27 more lbs to go!! This was the best decision I ever made. It hasn't been easy, but I feel great!!

Hi all! I live in Brea, work in San Clemente, and was banded at Fountain Valley by Dr. Francis on 3/25/09. I was 51 when I was banded. I have had quite a time with my band.

For me, there has always been a fine line between not filled enough and too filled...even 0.1 cc can make the difference of me feeling fine or not keeping anything down. I have had so many unfills from the irritation and re-fills, that I actually am at the same weight I was when I had the surgery two years ago. It's been a frustrating journey for me.

Now, they are having trouble finding my port...I've got an x-ray scheduled for Monday. Depending on the outcome of that x-ray, they are now talking about having to replace my port. I am encouraged by all the successful stories here...sure wish it was working differently for me.

Wondering if anyone else saw Dr. Oz the other day about Lap-Band patients. It's amazing to me how many success stories you see in the media, but don't hear much about the other side of the coin (raising hand now). Put me on a billboard! :) At least I still have my sense of humor!

I appreciate the "venting" :)

It's official...my port has flipped. :(

It looks as if it's on it's side and pointing down with the tubing hanging down. Now I will hear from my surgeon tomorrow to see what's next. Will keep you posted!

Hi there, I'm 22 and live in Tustin, CA if any local banders would like to chat! I would love having a friend on the journey together.. Will be banded May 4th 2011!!!!!

Hello all! i know this thread it a bit old! But i am going throught the approval process and live in Irvine. I would love some info, experience anything you would like to share with me! Thanks in advance!

I think I need to unsubscribe from this thread! I had my band removed 1.5 years ago. Only lost 25 lbs in 3.5 years with the darn thing, and then it slipped. Converted to bypass and I'm down over 90 lbs and loving it. The band was a waste of time and money for me.

The band is not for everybody... that's for sure. A friend at works sister had the band and with it some very serious complications that almost killed her. You have to go into the whole process knowing all of the risks and even the fact that it does not work for everybody. My cousins wife has had it for over 10 years now... she had one fill after she got it and then never went back. She has learned to eat pass the band and has since gained weight.

I was banded back in June of 2009. I am down 104 lbs. The weight is coming off slowly and steadily. THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!!

HI i live in Irvine and just finished my pre-tests. now waiting. how are you??? id love to chat !! hope you are doing well. I hope to get banded by June :)

Hi there, I'm 22 and live in Tustin, CA if any local banders would like to chat! I would love having a friend on the journey together.. Will be banded May 4th 2011!!!!!

It's been al long time since I have been on this board. Trying to send a message to JodyLynne.

I was banded 5/5/08, and have lost 15-20 lbs. lost my job - so I have lost my insurance. Have had alot of problems with my band, paid cash to go to the doctors and they took out 3 cc.s Now I start over.

Had a upper GI yesterday, they wanted to see if their was anything wrong with my band. now we wait till next week to get the results.

I live in Stanton if any one wants to get together.

Does anyone have a Disneyland pass, its fun to walk around there.

Thanks, Kalalilly! It sure can be frustrating! I only heard great things, but now hearing stories from the other side of the coin. Good luck to you!

My surgeon called yesterday. I do have to have a revision surgery. She is not sure if she can just re-attach the port where it should be or will have have replace the entire port. She said it depends on what the port looks like when she "gets in there". There has been a lot of trying to find it with a needle, so maybe there is some damage to it. She did say that she will take a look at my tubing and band itself while she's there just to check things out. She is confident that she can leave the amount of liquid that I have now, which is good (I was worried about that).

Do you guys do support groups? Or get together to discuss your journey? I didn't get warm fuzzies from the support group I attended after my surgery.

Hello! I'm in Costa Mesa and was banded in late 2008 at UCI. Overall, my experience has been a positive one. I've had to learn to eat differently, but it's been worth the changes. I could have never accomplished this degree of weight loss without the band. My last fill was in June of 2010 (at 5 cc's), but I'm scheduled to see my surgeon in two weeks. I had a total knee replacement a few months ago, and healing from that has caused me to be less diligent with my eating habits. I've sort of hit a plateau and need a jumpstart.

Sorry to hear of those who haven't had success with their band. :(

I miss sammichs.

Hi everyone,

I'm Tiffeny. I got my band 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. I started my journey at 356 and am now down to 238. I have hit a plateau, but I think it is only because I have gotten comfortable. I could go back in an get a fill, but I don't think I want to be any tighter. I just need to get my butt in gear and exercise, which has never been a favorite of mine. I live in Westminster. I used to have a support group that met at my house every month. We did it for almost a year, but it came to an end when personal schedules got in the way and everyone has to start cancelling. I don't have time for support groups on a monthly basis anymore, but am always up for talking to other banders for moral support.

Tiffeny

Hello! I'm in Costa Mesa and was banded in late 2008 at UCI. Overall, my experience has been a positive one. I've had to learn to eat differently, but it's been worth the changes. I could have never accomplished this degree of weight loss with the band. My last fill was in June of 2010 (at 5 cc's), but I'm scheduled to see my surgeon in two weeks. I had a total knee replacement a few months ago, and healing from that has caused me to be less diligent with my eating habits. I've sort of hit a plateau and need a jumpstart.

Sorry to hear of those who haven't had success with their band. :(

I miss sammichs.