Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July bandsters...need some help...

Ok..im another that hasnt been back too much....i had my band repaired at the end of December...and right now i have 7.75cc in my band..just prior to surgery i was at 8ccs, or so i thought.

I have never been able to hit that 40lb mark and i am soooo very discouraged! I had thought i would be soooo successful! I wanted this so badly..yet im stuck yo yoing between 227 and 229.

I guess part of the reason i dont come here, besides feeling awful about my lack of progress...is that seeing all my July bandster friends be so much more successful - really calls to mind my lack of success! I'm so happy for all of you, but i wonder why I have always had so much trouble losing my weight!

I want/wanted this so badly. I keep hearing the commercials "i got lap band and lost 50...75...105 lbs" and it makes me crazy!

I havent given up....i go back for another fill - i do honestly feel like im close to that sweet spot, but my band repair did impact my progress and i'm not yet at that 8cc's i was before i had that..but still...

dunno...i guess i should really post and come here more often and see if i can be more motivated..heaven knows im not self-motivating myself very well!

I dont know what kind of help i'm looking for..i know i need to do this myself...but....i miss my buddies here that all went through this at the same time almost a year ago...i need to know that i'm not a failure...i need to know that those out there that have done so well, are happy and confident and can help me to see that while it might take me longer, i can get there too....

I used to chat with a few of you regularly..Paulette msg'd me and I am grateful for that..i'd love to hear from some of my other July bandster friends...any and all comments welcome!

Bobbie

Hi Bobbie!

I am sorry you are feeling so discouraged. I know you have had issues with your band. I was doing so well at the beginning. Followed every rule my surgeon had. I lost all the weight I have lost before Christmas. I honestly have not lost any more since then and in fact gained. I went in for my second fill today. I had gained 7 lbs from January. It is truly a miracle I didn't gain more than that with the way I have been snacking and making poor choices.

So... I can be upset that I have basically been stalled for 6 months and gained even. Or, I can choose to think about the weight I have lost. And the weight I have not re-gained. On every other 'diet' I have ever done, I would have already re-gained everything I had lost. This is really hard on me because I am a perfectionist. I am harder on myself than anyone else could be. I have to basically force myself to think in these terms. So far, it is working! :thumbup: I don't mean to be glib about it, it isn't easy as just 'change your thinking' or 'turn that frown upside down' crap. LOL

I think you will find there are many of us who are struggling. They just aren't posting. I think this journey is so different for each of us. I am finding a lot of 'mental mind blocks' that I wasn't prepared to deal with. So my path is through those. I really wanted to be one of those people who made goal by their one year bandiversary, never needed a fill. Well, I am not.

So, today, I had to change my signature to reflect another gain. :unsure: I am now on 3 days of Clear liquids. I made an appointment to talk to someone about these 'mental mind blocks' and get this figured out!

I can't go back and change what I have done. I can only keep moving forward. Maybe everyone who is struggling can move forward together. I could sure use the support.

hey

one thing i can say is that i definitely struggle. im here right now because i have my nieces here and they wanted donuts. so i got them of course and i knew i had to come here to keep from eating them. i know we all struggle and although i have lost a good amount of weight im still not where i want or should be. i look at other people SW and i think how i wish that could have been my SW. i have to agree with lisa though, had i been on any other diet im sure i would have gained it all back by now. i try to look at it like that too.

i started a 28 now i can get in 20s and some 18s. i would love for us to be that great support system we were in the beginning. most of us were here everyday counting down the days to our new life.

lets just try to see the positives in our loss thus far and support each other more than we have been.

Hi everyone...wow, i really need to come back to the boards because i thought i was all alone with my lack of progress. I have lost 40 lbs since surgery on 7/1/09 and mine was also all before Christmas without a lb since and i have also gained about 7 lbs since. I now have come to realize that i am a stress/emotional eater. If I reflect back on when the progress came to a screeching halt, it was when my life came unraveled. Since December, i lost my dog of 16 years, my sister was hospitalized, I changed employers, my father was laid off, and my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Needless to say, I am feeling the need to turn to something to sooth my emotions. Ah, my life long companion, food. I am angry as hell at myself for being in this situation and sabatoging myself. i am at 8ccs in a 14cc band and while i know i am not at my "sweet spot" i feel like i should have more control than i do. I am going for another fill this Tues - and i have not been as proactive with getting these fills because as a result of changing jobs, i also had to change insurance and my new insurance wont cover the band-related issues.

So looks like we are all struggling...how do we get back on track??? i am lacking motivation BIG TIME.

Hey, gals! It's me ringing in. I also have lost virtually nothing since Christmas. I was down to 218 in March, but since then I'm usually back up to 224 which is where I was at Christmas, I think. Some days I'm up there, and some days I'm down as far as 219, but mostly I sit around 221-223.

I don't know really which came first, the chicken or the egg. I don't know if I have slacked since I'm not here for the support, or if I haven't been here for the support because I've slacked. Know what I mean? All I know is when I was checking in here more often, I was doing better.

Reading this has helped me to realize that I'm NOT alone. The rest of this weight will not fall off on it's own. SO...I am now resolved to check in at least once a week. Hopefully, you ladies can help me hold my feet to the fire and vice versa!

No matter where we are today, every pound lost forever is one pound healtier. Some may lose less and some may lose more, but this is a personal journey each of us must take. Ladies, this won't be easy, but we can do it! Whether that be lose or maintain, we can!

hey amy

you are so right a pounsd lost is a pound healthier.

i think i have been too busy enjoying this new weight loss that i just got caught up in it all. i honestly cant remember being in the 250s so im enjoying it...a little too much.

i need to get back on track too because 250 was not my goal weight when i started. its good but not good enough to truly enjoy life.

Wow, It is amazing that we have all avoided coming here because of our lack of progress and yet we all are going through the same thing. My story is the same I lost 55 pounds by Christmas and since that time I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds. I know for myself part of it is motivation. I am in a size 12 pants for the first time in my adult life. I feel like in some ways I have settled. One thing I remember from my many years at weight watchers that they talked about was just that idea. Many people don't stick with it because you start rationalizing that I feel better than ever, a size 12 isn't that bad, and next thing you know you aren't losing and start gaining. I want to get motivated again and stop settling!!

Wow! Again, same story. Haven't been on here because I didn't want to face my failures. I, too, lost all of my weight in the first 6-7 months. I lost 53 pounds, and have struggled with the same 3 or 4 pounds ever since. It's good to know that I'm not alone.

Yes, bad choices abound in my life. I am exercising a lot, which means I feel justified in my sweet-eating. I am a caterer, and my business is about to close, which gives me the stress-eating thing, too. But I know I can do this. It may take me a lot longer than I originally thought (it already has), but I am NOT giving up. I hope none of you will either. We went through a lot to get here.

So, what can we do to try and motivate ourselves and each other this week? How about 2 things: increase Protein intake and make sure to drink lots of Water? That's a start, and that will be relatively easy....what do you guys think?

Hang in there, ladies. We can do this!:)

im all for trying anything to stay motivated as a group. i have taken up walking again. i have not been doing weight training though, i know i need to work on my arms. i have been walking at least 3 miles and i love it. i think after i turn exercise into a habit again i will start back at the gym again.

im still working to hit the 100lb mark.

Hi Bobbie,

Sorry to have been so out of touch. School, work, weight loss and trying to have a social life has all keep me from being as active here as I should and would like to be. I have been doing well and again, sorry to hear about your struggles. Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? Sorry if this has been discussed already...I know, I'm totally out of the loop on things. Hugs

I was banded on 9/13/09 I am down 73 lbs, but I too hit a couple of months of nothing lost. I had to switch to pretty low carb, NOT no carb but low carb and have been able to lose another 7 lbs. Try the lower carb and see if it helps.

Cheri

Edited by 123crod

Dont feel alone. I have lost half my weight (only 35 pounds!) and its going so slow. I also get discouraged and dont post here anymore because I feel like I am so not qualified to talk about the band since I have done so poorly with it. But I have not given up. I think a big problem for myself has been lack of medical attention and follow up with my band Dr. I was self pay and my old insurance wouldnt cover any costs. But I got new insurance in December and they say they will pay for my follow up costs as long as my primary Dr refers me. I have an apt to see my Dr in early Jan and Im hoping for a referal. I really dont see why he wouldnt refer me so fingers crossed. I am determined to make this work. I also have signed up at the college I go to for four days a week of two hour work out classes. I think this will help too (currently I am only signed up for two days a week). And my insurance should cover nutritionist. It would be nice if we slow losers kept in touch to keep eachother motivated not to give up. I still think I can do it; I just have to keep truckin.

Hey, ladies! It's me AGAIN. I sure didn't stick to my checking in once a week. LOL! However, I am still hoping to do better! I am that optimisic one that never gives up...at least I try to be. So, here is my update. I am staying between 223-226. That is where I've been for basically a year. I'm not making a resolution per-say to lose more weight, but I am hoping to exercise more this year. I think I have found the motivation. My husband bought me Just Dance 2 today for the Wii after a friend brought it over last night for our NYE party. It was so much fun, but definitely a work out. I have already played up a sweat today, and I have a "play date" with a friend for Tuesday. (Hubs and I will "play" tomorrow and Monday, but he works Tuesday.) If I have to do it alone, I will, but doing it with a friend seems so much more fun!

So, how are the rest of you?

Also, while I may not check in here every day, I am on Facebook every day even if it's just my phone....so if you want to look me up, I am Amy Thompson Ivey. If you request me, you might need to send a message telling me you are from here because I don't accept random requests. ;-)

Best of luck to all of you for 2011!

hi

well i went for a 2 mile walk today. i was so winded. there use to be a time when i could do 5 miles and not be so winded. my goal is to get back to that point.

im not focused on how i've done wrong because my gaining speaks for itself and the fact that i only did 1 miles. my focus is to make better eating choices. when i started i never knew i would be one of the "slider foods" eaters, hope that makes sense.

i've decided to start back journaling my food and tracking my Protein. i lost better when i was more aware of what i was eating. also i use to come here at least once a day just for support. even if i never posted just reading posts helped me more than i knew.

i just want that attitude back that i had in the beginning when i first started.

i just want that attitude back that i had in the beginning when i first started.

AMEN!