Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

PamELa....DO NOT forget to take pictures!!! At least twice a month and wearing the same clothes each time! And the third and fourth bananas need to switch places. :biggrinjester:

Jane... how's the foot????

Hi Girls~

259 this am. I haven't seen that 5 in years!!! Remember, the LOWEST I ever saw was 249, and that was for one day, for one minute! So, I am very happy. Feeling stronger and stronger. I get tired easy, but that is to be expected from 4 hours of anesthesia. I am up and showered already. I think I will go to church today. I am still thinking about school tomorrow. I don't want to waste my sick days if I can make it. I know I can be home after school and have very little on the calendar the next few weeks.

I hope to have the tree decorated today. It is up...but nakey!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. You know me, I just LOVE when this month ends. I am in the Christmas mood. We don't want much under the tree...just the warmth of the season in our new house!

Love you guys...

xoxo

Hello!

Went to Urgent Care yesterday and she said it was a bad sprain. She gave me a boot and vicodin, and told me to stay off of it for at least 2 weeks! I went into work (hair cutting) yesterday and couldn't stand it, so I canceled my last two appointments, and went. I was supposed to work at Sallys last night and today, but told Gail I couldn't come in. I am alternating ice and heat, taking my motrin like a good girl, but forgot how WEIRD the pain pills make you!! I am going to go back to work on Tuesday, just not overdoing it. The past few days I have had a free thanksgiving weekend of the movie channels thanks to my uverse, and dvr'd them, and I have about 15 movies or so taped. So I have been either on the couch or in bed watching tv. Sort of nice!!

Michelle is Oldtown in Baltimore? That sounds so nice being with your son. Sorry to hear you are sick!!

WAY TO GO PAMELA!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me want to get that!!

Laura why do I not get notified when someone posts like I used to? Also why do I not see any ads, not that I am complaining..............?

Haydee how was your marathon Thanksgiving?

Judy, luckily plumbers are cheap!! Actually it is a good thing you have some of your shopping done already!!!

Alright, have a good day!!!

Good evening, Violets..

Had a good day today. I went to church with Bob since there was no choir at our church this week. We went out for Chinese for lunch, came home and went to Home Depot to look for a new toilet. Mine is leaking badly. We priced them and came home to measure. As I was looking online at the ones Home Depot had, I saw that a repair kit was $21 as opposed to a new toilet for $128 soooooo Bob got that and Joe fixed the toilet. It's a lower toilet than I'd like, but saving the money was a good trade off. We were going to decorate today, but everyone was too tired. Maybe tomorrow. I have my volunteer shift, flute rehearsal, Curves and community chorus. Plus I need to make the call to the insurance company and go with Bob to take his car in to be repaired.

My weight was the same this morning, but my clothes are fitting differently so maybe something is happening. Sure hope so!!

Off to Applebees for dinner and then to settle in for the evening with the puter and tv. Everyone have a good evening and I hope you feel well enough to go to work tomorrow PamELa.. If not, don't push it!!!!!

Hey girls~

We got the tree and house done...and I am going to work! I had great energy yesterday...well bouts of it! I worked really hard on the tree, almost too much. Then I had a few bites of yogurt and felt better. I gotta remember that I am getting used to this caloric intake.

DRUMROLL: 257.0 this am!!! And the jeans I am wearing are buttoned and actually rolled down. hahahahaha...I am so excited. If you want me to shut up, please let me know. I just never did well w/ the band so to finally see results is exciting!

Michelle, are you ready to get the kids back to school. We only have 3 weeks (15 days) until vacay!

Jane, I am glad you took some time for yourself. That is the only way you will heal. What movies did you see?

Judy, what happened now w/ the car? Did you drive it this weekend or tow it to the shop? Do you have another car?

Haydee, how was your double whammy Turkey Day?

Laura, how was your holiday?

I am not sure what I was thinking but we are having a holiday cocktail party Friday night. From 5-8pm, appetizers and cocktails and we've invited a ton of people (like 50). It is more of an open house, people in and out, then off to do their thing. I can't eat or drink anything...but it is about the friendships and I am looking forward to it!

OK girls...have a great day!

xoxoox

Good morning, violets..

Ahhhh my busy day. Hospital shift, taking dogs to the groomers, flute rehearsal, curves workout, Community Chorus. Somewhere in there I need to start decorating the house for Christmas. Just haven't been in the mood yet. I guess I have to buckle down and do it. I do have lots of my Christmas shopping done though, so that's a good thing.

PamELa... so glad to hear how it is working for you and don't ever stop talking about it. We Celebrate each pound gone no matter how we do it!!!

We do have 2 cars so have not been inconvenienced too much with the big boo boo. Bob just left to take the car to the collision place and hopefully will get a loaner. I called the insurance company today and got that taken care of.

Off to start my day. Everyone make it a good one!!

Oh... I did find one good thing about the new site. I can edit the countdowns each day without having to copy and paste the whole thing. Saves on page space and sure is easier to do!!

Jane, sorry I am still trying to figure out this new website, which is why I haven't been posting!! If I figure it out I'll let you know. Debating moving our little 'thread' to e-mails... ?

Thanksgiving was interesting, first time in my life it was at my mom's (last minute) because Granny threw out her back again... So she was hopped up on lortabs and it made Thanksgiving pretty wild. She is normally so strict on how everything has to be, but she told me to tear into the turkey with my bare hands when she couldn't cut it and I couldn't get the knife to cut......and I did.

Also for the first time, I went out on Black Friday. Me, russ and carson went to the mall. Wasn't too terrible, I had fun being out in all the holiday-ness. We tried Santa again, still a no-go. Then Carson spilled a whole bottle of Water on himself, so I bought him a new outfit that was on sale for $4... I only bought that, an outfit for Brody, and a grill pan. But we enjoyed walking around (I did anyway). Then we got home, and I stepped on the lip of the garage with bags in my hand, and my foot bent in half.. I felt and heard it SNAP. To my surprise it did not hurt at al, I could stand up.. my opposite knee hurt from falling on it. But then as hours passed it started to hurt and by Saturday I had to get a bandage to support it. So now I'm in a support brace, I guess it's sprained.

Then Saturday night Russ & I watched a couple movies since Carson was at my parents' house. The Soloist, loved it.. Jamie Foxx is such a good actor!! Then, Kick-Ass... a friend of mine kept telling me I had to watch it. It was very Quinten Terintino (sp)'ish.. and I hate his movies. This movie, I didn't hate it, but I know there's a sequel and I won't be seeing it. Had a 12 year old girl violently killing all kinds of people. Was very weird.

Haydee, I feel BIG and uncomfortable all the time too. I also wake up for an hour every single night, wide awake somewhere between 2-4am. My asthma is getting so bad, my inhaler is almost empty so last night I thought I was suffocating.

I am doing the 4-d ultrasound today, I feel like his butt is right under my boobs, I'm curious to see if I'm right. I keep smacking it and he kicks me HEH!

YAY Pam, you can do this. When are you off the modified diet, and when you are what do you eat differently?

Good morning!!

My foot feels a bit better today. I have an eye exam today, so will go and hope it does okay. I kind of want to stay off of it another day, but time marches on................

Laura they gave me a boot, and I sleep in it, I think it helps keep it stable as I toss and turn??

Pamela, that is great!! I am not getting tired of it!! Loved your pics of the tree!! I don't know what the name of some of the movies were, I guess I didn't pay attention to that!! I saw two movies that had Jennifer Anniston in them, one with Josh Dumel and Kristen Bell, one gory one with the guy who played the bad guy on Ghost, it was scary and gruesome and I didn't like it, but kept watching it???? I think it was called "House at the end of the Road" or something like that. I saw others but don't remember what. I also watched some Lifetime movies.

I hate that Haydee is having a hard time on here!!

Judy Yea on the toilet not costing you a lot!!!

Oh well, off to get some stuff done!!!

Hi girls~

I couldn't respond to the thread and was getting mad...then realized I was not logged in! haha

I will be on stage 2 until thursday, I think he'll advance me. Not really feel I am ready to eat more, but I think 1 scrambled egg or mashed pots sound good. I am very comfortable after 4 oz of Soup or protien milk. Kinda get a bit nauseated after I drink the milk, but the Soup works good. I get sick for about 1-4 min and then feel fine! In about 2 months I am completely on regular food (maybe less time), just about a 1/4 of normal portion, if that.

Day is going ok. Points of fatigue...moments of dizziness...but all in all a good day!

Pamela

The Violets have left the building...we are still going strong...just going strong somewhere else! Peace out peeps, live large and healthy!

The Violets have left the building...we are still going strong...just going strong somewhere else! Peace out peeps, live large and healthy!

Where did the violets go? you are all such inspirations, one of the few threads I faithfully read,,, sigh.....

Where did the violets go? you are all such inspirations, one of the few threads I faithfully read,,, sigh.....

Sorry.. this site just got to be too difficult to deal with after the last upgrade. Too many things changed all at once and we decided to keep in touch through email rather than on here.