Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Jane, I would ask for credit card in order to hold her spot and tell her she will be charged a cancellation fee. I really truly can't believe the disrespect of some people. Everyones time is so valuable and not showing up repeatedly is so rude!

So I'm so so glad its Friday! Juans grandma is coming home this weekend and we are having a small party to celebrate...

Laura, how is carson doing? I dreamt that we were having lunch in the breakroom and I was asking you if he felt better since you were at work today. Weird huh??

I hope judy is feeling better!

I agree with Haydee, tell her you'll hold her CC and charge a cancellation fee. People are much more likely to make their appointments when that's the case (I know, I'm one who cancels things on a whim!!).

LOL that is weird Haydee. He is better today. The drops are working well, and his fever finally broke today.. he slept great for the first time in a week, went to bed around bed time and didn't wake up till this morning woohoo.

We are going to the Stars Wars exhibit at the space museum tomorrow.. it's a big to-do, and though I don't care for Star Wars, I think it'll be fun to get out, I like museums. I was just reading though, it says NO STROLLERS. What! That's insane.. Russ said he'll carry him, and he can walk some. That'll be fun!

Sunday we go to TN to his parents, to go to his brother's gf's baby shower.

We think the daycare is stealing our diapers. My theory is laziness, they change them all at the same time unless there's a poop in between. So I think they just grabbed handfuls of diapers from his cubby because I overstocked it.

Friday we put 20 diapers in, and Monday I put 8 more. On Wednesday they sent him home in a pull up and said he ran out. We get a paper everyday where they sign for changing his diapers. He goes through 3-4 a day. So From Fri-Wed, he should have used 16 at max, and he went through 28! Russ wanted to make a scene, I told him not to, I would just now start sending them every day, only what he needs. But he confronted the director this morning while I was in the car, and he said she sounds like it's been a problem. Not sure what they plan to do about it?? Diapers are NOT CHEAP.

Hey girls~

Home from the gym and getting my allergy shots! Took a quick shower and now in my pjs doin' my puter thang!

Jane, I agree w/ the girls and start charging a fee for a no show. Also, ONLY BOOK HER LAST, that way when she fails to show...you get an early out! My doctor charges a $25 no show fee after 3 no shows...time is $$.

Laura, glad the man child is on the mend. I would be hella pissed about the diapers...they are not cheap and if you are supplying the day care, then other parents are getting away w/ it!

Haydee, Have fun w/ the grandma and the party! It is sooo cool cause now I can picture the people and the places!!!

Judy Judy Judy!!! Hope you are feeling better today! I think you said you come today or Sat. Sending you love and cant wait for your post.

Michelle, my belle...whats up sweetie!?! Are you guys LOVIN' big brother! What else is up!

I am going to see Bad Company today! Stef bought me a tic for my bday!!! Sooo excited. Sus is not going, but is joining us for dinner, so that will be cool!

Have a great weekend!

xoxoxoxo

This has been a busy week w/lots of appointments and things... dentist w/ds, annual physical for dd, oil change, lunch w/friends, ds to camp in PA, my niece's LAX game & dinner yesterday, dd's new riding class (she's moved up to Advanced level now, ay yai yai!) tonight... Now next week we have NOTHING on the calendar during the days... funny!

((Judy!!))

BB's ok... I don't watch the "extra" stuff so I see only the regular tv stuff and it's just not seeming to be that compelling so far... we missed it last night but I read who left + saboteur + HOH... eh. We'll see if it heats up. The challenges have been gross: mayo stuffed pinatas? Yuck!

Janie, it's so funny... I am the complete opposite of you... to me, no news is good news! I don't have time to fret over imagined stuff... If something happens then I'll deal w/it, otherwise, why worry?

Laura, that's weird about the diapers & glad C is feeling better!

Haydee, that's a funny dream!

We had an earthquake this morning! A little one, 3.8, but we never have them, so it's caused some excitement. It's the biggest one in 25 years or something like that. It was 5am, so I did NOT feel it... I sleep like a log!... but dh and dd both felt it... dh was up getting ready to go to work and it woke up dd... she thought it was the nearby quarry starting up early!

Ok... off to clean & vacuum and work... then riding lesson! Have a good day!

Must be a slow news day! :cool:

We're off to the barn. Then tomorrow I'm driving up to Pa to pick up ds from camp... another 6+ hr trip up & back... fun fun!... I have another audiobook... "The Last Dickens" or something like that (it's in the car). So if I'm mia for a bit, DON'T FRET! :wink2::wink2:

I'm like you jane, I'm a worrier. To me no news equals bad news! Juan gets on me all the time about it but I can't help it, just my nature... And what he says is true. There's nothing you accomplish by worrying so why do it. But still...

Laura, ooh id be pissed about the diapers. I went down the diaper aisle the other day while grocery shopping and I about passed out!! Everything is soooo expensive!!

I'm home!!!!!! It was awful, awful, awful... with the nausea from the pain killers and the antibiotics and Iron. I was fine with the anesthesia. But instead of one poke for the spinal, it was about 15 minutes of numbing and poking, numbing and poking. I was ok, just some pressure and of course being curled over for that long and I heard the word scoliosis.. :thumbup:(

Knee is doing great. Of course pain, but I can walk on it and bend it and the stitches are the dissolving kind. wooo hoooo!! Outpatient therapy starts on Monday.. Can't wait to get in the pool, but that's weeks away.

I'm headed off to read my tabloids and stretch and bend my new knee.

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and purple power. Next time forget about the pain and concentrate on my tummy, k?? :cool::tt2::wink2:

Oh, the doc said that the knee was worse than he thought. No cartilage at all in it.. just bone on bone.

Janie.. sorry if Bob didn't text you, but I have 2 Janes listed on my phone and he probably picked the wrong one, even though yours is listed as Jane Violet... MEN!! lol

I'm glad all that is behind you now, Judy, and you can concentrate on getting going with your new knee! :wink2: You'll be hard to keep up with in Cali!! :cool:

Oh man, Haydee... being a worrier and having kids is not a good combo! I think that's when I stopped worrying and started to go with the flow, otherwise I'd have made myself and everyone around me crazy!!

Perfect example: DS left for camp @ 6am on Weds and I have not heard a peep from him since. 3 days, and no calls, no texts, no nothing. Well, there was one Tweet about how camp was "hard". I text him each morning ("Have a good day. Keep cool. Drink lots of water.") & evening ("Hope your day was good. Sweet Dreams. Love you."). Imagine how crazed I'd be if I was still a worrier! But now, I figure he's busy and working hard and tired and hot at the end of the day... if anything was wrong, he or SOMEone would contact me. Voila!

Judy I am soooo glad you are home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy, if you had a spinal does that mean you were awake? That credit card thing sounds great, but I don't accept credit cards! I used to, but it was becoming a HUGE deal with Charlie and I really didn't do that much, so I asked my customers who charged and they said they didn't mind paying by check or cash. I like the idea that Pam's Dr. uses about the three times and you are charged a fee. I think I might do that!!

Haydee I keep meaning to ask you are you starting to show?

I've been showing for years...and I am not even preggos! hmmm?

good morning, Violets..

Had a good night's sleep on the couch last night. Will graduate to the bed upstairs in a couple of days. I'm waiting for the pain meds to kick in so Bob and I can work on the exercises. My mantra now is bend, bend, bend!!

Janie.. I was not awake at all with the spinal. They give you something on top of that so you don't remember anything. At least I sure didn't. I remember being poked many times, don't even remember laying back down and then poof, I was in recovery awake and happy to be nausea free. The the pain killers dripped into the iv and that's all she wrote for 2 days. I just HATE that feeling. I had nothing to eat from Tuesday night until... well.... still nothing except some yogurt and Jello. Nothing looks or sounds good to me except the percocet!! lol

I hope to get up and take a shower today if Bob gets me a bench. I remember all these little things with my dad... now I'm where he was.. elevated toilet seat, grabber for stuff within reach...bench for shower.. All the fun equipment for getting old!! The nice part was I was asked if the surgery was an option because I didn't look old enough to have it. And NOBODY had a clue about lap band.. sheeesh!!!!!! I wanted to talk to my pt guy about it cause he sure could have used it. I can't imagine what the therapy would be like for me at + 50#!

Off to exercise and do nothing for today and tomorrow and for the next 8-10 weeks!!! Wooo hooooo. I was nice and told the pastor he didn't need to come and see me while I was in the hospital. His last Sunday is tomorrow!!!!!! Can't wait for him to be done and to get on to the next phase for the church.

Everyone have a great day. Think of me when you're walking today and be glad you don't have a walker!!!

Love you guys!!

Judy, good to see you posting!

Here is a TMI moment, I had really bad gas last night, I farted all night. Kept thinking good thing I am single!!

Alright, off to work!!!

Judy, good to see you posting!

Here is a TMI moment, I had really bad gas last night, I farted all night. Kept thinking good thing I am single!!

Alright, off to work!!!

HAHA...that is good stuff! I do it all the time (women in their 40's get gassy...just a fact) and I am not single. Best part is she is also a woman in her 40's!

Morning girls~

Judy, welcome back. It seemed the world was off its axis while you were away. Enjoy your meds...and rest and bend!

Michelle, are you all watching the women's World Cup now? Shit...I thought this was over!

Had a great night at the concert, but I was soooo sick the last two days w/ stomach issues. Think I was dehydrated too. After my coffee I am going to nurse Gatorade all day. When I was dehydrated in Italy, I pounded a bottle and was ALL BETTER!

Susanne is the boss of the remote :cool: so I guess I'll grade papers. Want to watch the BB afterdark showtime show I DVR'd...but NNNOOOO! LOL!

Have a great day!