Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Wow, I didn't realize it was so long! Sorry!

Two other books I just picked up from the library: The Pull of the Moon by Elizabeth Berg, and The Castaways, by Erin Hildebrand. Haven't read them so I can't actually recommend them, but that's what's in my pool bag!

Hello, plans fell apart today..........

Went for first errand then check engine light came on. Canceled plans and went to mechanic, he said nothing major he thinks, he gave me a couple of scenarios, I spend 60 and we suggested waiting on a smoke test that cost another 67 to see if it happens again. He said it could have been as simple as bad gas.

Then my sister just called and I don't need to babysit.

Sally's called and they gave me the job, but I am nervous about it working out with the hours, only time will tell. I start tomorrow. Then I work again next Monday.

You know it is crazy, I am very very nervous!! Hello, I am 47 years old! How is that possible? I am not talking, singing, or anything like that in public, wow, just wow.......

Good evening, Violets..

Back from grandpup sitting and now relaxing and watching X Files. I finished the book Sunday's Child and now am reading Little Girl Blue.

Tomorrow Bob has a cardiac appt. and then it will be the waiting game. I need to pack a suitcase. We are going to go visit the lady that had her knee surgery today. It will be interesting to see how day 2 goes for her.

Congrats on the new job Janie!! What are your responsibilities there?? Is it in addition to your other job or will you just be doing the new one??

Off to bed soon.

Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well.

Huge congrats Janie!!! Be a little nervous, but be more excited. Change is scary, but this is good for you! What will the schedule do? Will you just work on Mondays (even though tomorrow is Tuesday).

xooxxoxo

I am not sure what my schedule will be, I told her when I interviewed that I would work on Friday nights, some Saturday nights, some Sundays, and some Wednesday nights. Will work both jobs. Can't wait to work two jobs!! I would rather fall in love and get married than get a second job for benefits!!

Congrats on the job, Janie....

Meeting this morning, this will be a long day!! I will miss the Board of Alderman meeting tonight about the Walmart, but I am sure there will be more meetings.....

Judy special thoughts to you today I am sure tomorrow is a scary day for you.

I am watching Big Brother also Pamela, but don't have any of the feeds or BB After Dark.

Make it a good one everyone!!

Hello from the toyota service center! The kids and I are here for an oil change... exciting stuff! Then we'll run some errands, then meet my bff & her kids for lunch. Then home, loads of laundry, and packing up ds for his next soccer camp tomorrow! Whew!

Feel our love surround you, Judy... just like the song says... the waiting IS the hardest part!!

I watched BB on Sunday... dd & I usually watch it half-heartedly, as there's nothing else on in the summer... so maybe we'll get into it this year. I just cringe at the folks on there... like that Jersey mafia guy, "Meow Meow"?? really? that's a tough-guy nick-name??... yikes!

Everyone have a great day!

Yay janie! Congrats on the job. Its normal to feel nervous but I think you'll do great!

Laura, what a scary dream! I've dreamt that I forget to feed my baby all day or that I forget to change his diaper. Also some really bad ones but I don't like saying them out loud.

Thanks for the book recs michelle. I haven't updated my kindle since my honeymoond. Mostly I've been reading baby books but those are filled with such scary stuff too. They go week by week and what things could possibly go wrong for each time frame. Its good to be informed but my goodness, I'm a wreck when I put it down thinking of all the stuff that could go wrong.

Judy, thinking of you today as you get ready for tomorrow. Will be sending prayers for a quick recovery afterwards...

Nothing much going on for me. Just working and I keep looking at baby stuff online at night when I get home. We are trying to decide on nursery furniture which is something you can buy that's gender neutral. I really want a nice heirloom quality piece of furniture but juan is just not convinced. I want to pass it on after my children are done with it but he would rather just get one we use and then discard. The horrors! Lol...

They go week by week and what things could possibly go wrong for each time frame. Its good to be informed but my goodness, I'm a wreck when I put it down thinking of all the stuff that could go wrong.

You'll soon realize, it never gets better LOL.

All through pregnancy all this stuff could go wrong, THEN they are born.. and you'd think everything under the sun could cause SIDS (which is because they DON'T know a cause, so they just make you afraid of everything that goes near your baby). I swear everything you buy has a tag that says "May cause SIDS". So then you read the statistics, once they hit 6m they are less likely, then 12m they are pretty much in the clear.. and then at 12m they are doing crap like grabbing knives out of dishwashers, and trying to stick their fingers in sockets.

I'm sure then it's.. running out in front of cars, and then of course stranger danger..then it's drugs and promiscuity and on and on....

I guess the point is, you'll never stop worrying :grouphug:

You'll soon realize, it never gets better LOL.

All through pregnancy all this stuff could go wrong, THEN they are born.. and you'd think everything under the sun could cause SIDS (which is because they DON'T know a cause, so they just make you afraid of everything that goes near your baby). I swear everything you buy has a tag that says "May cause SIDS". So then you read the statistics, once they hit 6m they are less likely, then 12m they are pretty much in the clear.. and then at 12m they are doing crap like grabbing knives out of dishwashers, and trying to stick their fingers in sockets.

I'm sure then it's.. running out in front of cars, and then of course stranger danger..then it's drugs and promiscuity and on and on....

I guess the point is, you'll never stop worrying :grouphug:

LMAO Laura...You should write a book for moms to be!

Well, home from the gym, getting gas, allergy shots, grocery store and home to do this and that. Which includes Housewives of NJ, and BB after dark! The first 15 min of Housewives last night was SOOOOO FUNNY....LOVED THE FIGHT!!!

Susanne comes home today. We will chillax and hang out here.

Judy....enjoy today...breathe deep and stay calm! Sending you purple power. How do you redeem your Amazon gift card? I got one for my bday...can't figure out where to put it in to redeem it?

xoxoxoxo