Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Judy, I know how jittery you are today cause I've been there. Yesterday I took a long walk, about 2 miles, you know, I had some pain in the old knee and none in the new one, I am so happy I did the surgery. After about 2-3 weeks you'll be getting back to walking without devices and so happy you did this. Make sure you do your exercises after surgery cause this really helps, they get you right up after surgery and into therapy. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and prayers are coming your way. Good luck!

Yes, because my whole 1.5 years of being a mom has given me so much knowledge :grouphug:

I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow as well, Judy...uggh, just took my antibiotic(UTI_fun!!!) and PB'd....ughhhhhhhhhhh, gross.....

Yeah, Laura, you've got that right... if it's not one thing w/kids, then it's another... you can't babyproof your heart no matter what their age!

Haydee, while I understand the sentiment behind wanting furniture that can be handed down, the reality often is that by the time that happens, the styles/rules have changed and they'll want to get their own stuff, anyway. For instance, when my kids were babes, the cribs were all the sliding side style that I just heard recently are now considered deathtraps and should all be burned in the town square for fear of use with infants. Gosh, glad my kids survived them! :grouphug: Although I'm being a bit (bit!) sarcastic, it's true. Perhaps a better option is a crib that converts into a toddler or single bed footboard/headboard... that way you'd get years and years of use out of it. Just thoughts...

My head is splitting and I think I'm going to go take a wee little nap. Judy, I have your easy peasy beef stroganoff in the crocker & the house smells so good! Thanks for the 4-ingredient recipe!

I was at the store this morning thinking about that beef stroganoff. What was in it again? I need to crocker some dinner...too damn hot to bbq or oven it now!

Oh yes, my 2 cents on the baby furniture, I wouldn't go for sentiment of passing it down one day.

Michelle has a more valid point, things get recalled and deemed unsafe very quickly (little things like "back to sleep" when our parents were told they should only sleep on their front). the 2" between rails rule that is new, the way they have to be connected, the drop down rails, etc.

But my view is the style would radically change. You're talking 18 (AT LEAST!) years or more from now. I know the stuff my mom used for me, I've seen pics of it.. it looks so antique!!! I would never have used it if she saved it for me.

The bed we bought Carson is a 3-in-1. It converts to a toddler bed with 1 half-side-rail.. then converts to a full size bed with no sides. Seemed practical at the time, but I've come to realize he'll probably get a cool race car or spongebob or whatever is popular in a year or two toddler bed.

So I wouldn't even recommend the 3-in-1's anymore.

For baby #2, I've already picked out the crib. It's the same color as Carson's so it will match and it's just a crib!

Ann 4-in-1 Coffee-color Convertible Crib | Overstock.com

It's actually a convertible bed too, but again I don't plan on using all that stuff, but it's the look I like. And I guarantee 18 years from now this will look so outdated LoL.

Oh I didn't mean hold on to it long enough to pass it down to my own kids. I just meant pass it down to siblings ect. We are the first to have babies on both sides and I just figured if we bought a really nice one everyone can have use out of it. But now that I'm thinking about it we all have such different tastes and who's to say anyone is gonna want a hand me down crib, even a really nice one? So reconsidering it we will more than likely just get a nice practical one.

The narural science museum has a corpse flower that is supposed to be rwally rare. Its huge and due to bloom tonight or tomorrow. They have the museum open 24 hrs so people can come look at it. We are gonna head over there after dinner tonight and look at it. Its supposed to smell like a dead corpse when it blooms. Oh joy. Juan wants to go so bad so we shall go...

Good evening, Violets..

I'm just in from a longggggggggg time in the pool. I did a round of exercises, then lazed around while the sun was out, then jogged another 25 times around the pool and finished up. Got out and mowed the backyard. I'm on the next to last load of laundry and then I'm done for the night. My friend who had her knee replaced yesterday looked wonderful today, so I'm hoping to feel the same. My surgery is at 8 tomorrow morning.. should be done by 10 and in my room by noon if all goes well. Bob has been instructed to text and to post on Facebook.

PamELa... to redeem the gift card, just copy the number, go to your account and put it in there. Then whatever you order will come off of that amount first.

The crock pot stroganoff is very simple. round steak sliced, 1 can cream of mushroom Soup and onions sliced. Cook on low all day and when ready to serve add a small container of sour cream. Serve over noodles.

I usually use a pound of meat for the two of us and I like LOTS of onions so I use two or three sliced. I haven't made it in a long time cause noodles didn't go down well, but now that my band is unfilled, I should try it again.

I had a WHOLE hamburger for lunch today. Bob and I usually split one, but it went down slick as a whistle and I have not had any issues with gas or burping like I did before. Obviously my band was too tight. When I go to have it filled again, they will not put as much in it and we'll see how that goes.

I'm going to put the countdowns to Saturday when I do them tonight. So don't be surprised when the time warp occurs!!

Judy, oh Judy I have been thinking of you off and on today!!! Did you feel it??? I hope and pray for a successful, fairly painless (no pain, no gain?!?), no complications and speedy recovery!! I also pray for Bob and your whole family.

Work was okay today. A lot to think about benefits wise and whether this is going to work out to my advantage or not.........

Good morning, Violets..

I haven't been up this early since I retired!! lol We're off to the hospital in an hour. Can't wait for this part to be over and get on with the healing.

Everyone have a great day and I'll see you when I get home.. hopefully Friday or Saturday.

Love you guys!!!

Judy, oh Judy I have been thinking of you off and on today!!! Did you feel it??? I hope and pray for a successful, fairly painless (no pain, no gain?!?), no complications and speedy recovery!! I also pray for Bob and your whole family.

Work was okay today. A lot to think about benefits wise and whether this is going to work out to my advantage or not.........

THANKS!!! Prayers are much appreciated.

I'm up since 5am finishing getting ds packed up and on his way to another soccer camp in Pa!

The joke (and really, it's not a joke) in our house is that momma likes to get up early for just 1 thing: leaving on vacation! (It's true!) Otherwise... it's ugly. :)

"2 members (Judy & I) and 4 guests" at 5:50am?? Really?? Really.

We just rock that hard! :)