Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Good morning, I spit the fly out, thinking it was a piece of paper or something in the bottom of my cup.....I am still grossed out by it. I keep thinking that I have the flies legs stuck to my tongue!! Gross!!!

Bend Judy Bend!! But not too much!!!

Haydee, how scary for you! I agree about the amnio though. I am holding you guys in my thoughts and prayers............

Morning girls~

Took the day off from the gym and slept in until 5:30! WTF???? Hate that!

I am still working through papers, but only have a couple left. I worked until 10 last night.

We have our friends hubby here and he is putting the new TV on the wall!!! One of the rooms for the Violets has a bed and the couch that Haydee slept on (so good for 3). Bed is low and comfy. The other room is good for two, bed is smaller hard but comfy too. I'll let ya'll decide. We also have a blowup bed which has a slow leak, but you can get through the night. That can go in the office.

But one of the rooms has a wall mounted TV! He is also helping put up pix!

Haydee, I love your posts! Can't wait to hear the sex (are you gonna share w/ us? maybe in email? and the names too?)

Jane, I'd eat a dead fly for White Castle! LOL...they are great and suck from the grocery store.

Judy,are you waking up today or going for day two of nap-a-thon! It is good for you to rest, your body needs it.

Laura, what is up chicky? How are you doing being preggos?

Michelle my bell~ was thinking about you this morning as we planned our road trip to No. Carolina next summer. Thought we'd swing by and see you too!

OK...watching BB afterdark and finishing papers.

xooxox

Haydee, don't let the downs thing stress you too much. My brother in laws gf, they told her the same thing, and it was nothing. She did the testing because of her age, she's 35.

I didn't do any of the testing with Carson (and won't for this one either).. because, my doc explained it like this...

There is a lot of 'false positives' early on, and once you get that, you go on to the next testing (in theory anyway, that's why you check in the first place). If you go onto the next testing, it is a more invasive testing and for us, it's a trip 3 hours away for the invasive testing... which brings it in full circle to, it was not going to change anything for us (I wouldn't have an abortion), so why have that stress!! The alternative would be to know in advance, but the way my doc explained it (I could kind of tell she wasn't a big advocate for it), since there's so many false-positives it causes a lot of unnecessary worrying. She said she only really recommends it if you're over 35.

My friend developed the lactose intolerance while preg too. My babies like ice cream, I'm good on that front. We have mint chocolate chip every few nights :unsure: I also craved milk like nuts on both pregnancies, I have a milk for Breakfast almost every morning.

My allergies are as bad as ever, luckily I go to the allergist again on Aug 2 and I'm going to ask for something more. When they told me I could keep taking what I was while preg, she said if I ended up needing something else they have other things. I was kind of under control then so I didn't get it, now I wake up and spend an hour almost every night (3am-4am) trying to cover my nose without covering my mouth so I can breathe without my nose itching and sneezing. I position tissues on my nose and then bury my head in the pillow lol.

Still don't feel pregnant, if I didn't see the US I would still swear I wasn't.

Haydee let us know the sex ASAP if you find out!!!! I need to see how well Pam is at predicting :unsure:

Edited by FairyFacade

Oh Jane, your fly story made me gaggy. There was a dead roach in my drink from Steak Out once, and now I can't ever order a drink from them.

I was lucky though, I took the lid off to add sweet-n-low, and so I saw it before I drank it.

Well I'm 33 and we did it because we figured we'd like to know so we can get prepared but now I regret it. I'm only 16 weeks and to feel this ball of nerves at the pit of your stomach for the rest of the pregnancy is gonna be hard. And again, regardless we wouldn't consider abortion so it was a dumb choice on both our parts. If God blesses us with more then I won't be getting it done again. It takes a little bit out of the pure joy of just being pregnant.

And yes once we find out we are going to let everyone know. We are not sharing names though because I have a cousin pregnant with a boy that's due in nov and another cousin pregnant with a girl due in october.

Yum, steak out. I miss a good rare steak. My dad grilled steaks the other day and mine had to be well done! What a waste of a gorgeous T-Bone. I didn't even eat it since it was so cooked. I gave it to the dogs...

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm sitting up in my chair and Bob says it looks like I'm back to normal with the computer. Hurts to sit the laptop on my knee though.

Haydee... do you remember when we went on our cruise and were waiting for the results of Jen's test? Hers was positive and Ethan turned out perfect. There are way tooo many false positives for that particular test. As for the sex.. I think that's a private matter between you and Juan and I would be embarrassed to hear..........oh wait... you mean the sex of the baby. Oh, ok.. nevermind.

Off to have some Moo Shoo veggie for lunch. My Iron Chef/waiter just got home.

Janie.. I think I would cross White Castle off my list for awhile. ewwwwwwwwwww Though Bob would not agree. They are his absolute favorites. He and son Joshua have been known to devour a crave box between the two of them.

As for the sex.. I think that's a private matter between you and Juan and I would be embarrassed to hear..........oh wait... you mean the sex of the baby. Oh, ok.. nevermind.

I was wondering where you were going with this, I am slow. I was like SERIOUSLY!? LOL

As for White Castle, our equivelant is Krystals. Boy I love Krystals, but I pay for it later on. We get it maybe 2x a year. I use to be able to eat a 'sackful', now I am lucky to be able to eat 1.5 of them. Yay for the band.

Glad Judy was able to pipe in about Jen's false positive. I hope it gives you some reassurance so you don't go through the pregnancy stressing about it... I have known SEVERAL people to get a positive on the first test... and I have known no one to have a baby with down's syndrome.

Yum, steak out. I miss a good rare steak. My dad grilled steaks the other day and mine had to be well done! What a waste of a gorgeous T-Bone. I didn't even eat it since it was so cooked. I gave it to the dogs...

That is a waste, i can't even eat steaks medium. I need it really raw. I've had medium-rare steaks a couple times since finding out pregnant. I must have forgotten, is that a no no?

I love mine almost raw too!! And yeah my doctor said make sure my meat is not bloody. So sad....lol.

And I cackled at your comment judy. Made my day, lol.

And thanks for reassuring me about the false positive... I haven't told anyone except my sisters and so its hard for me to get feedback and know that this happens all the time. Hopefully on the 5th when they do the high level ultrasound it will put my fears at ease.

Oh and my belly button is tearing! Ouch! Does this happen?? Its a tiny tear but my pants rub on it and it hurts. A bandaid doesn't stay...

I'm craving one of those cheap totinos pizzas today. But I have a whole roasted chicken at home that I picked up at the grocery store. I can't even think about what I can do with it. My mind is totally blank. I half heartedly want to tell juan just to sit down with a fork and some bread and go to town, lol...

I'm craving one of those cheap totinos pizzas today.

OK that's just creepy. I don't like pizza, period. And I haven't had a totino's pizza since I was like 15... the other night I told Russ I was really craving one of those old cheap pizzas (I couldn't remember the brand) but after describing it, russ said it was totino's.

My belly button never tore... try keeping vaseline on it? Will help it heal and keep it moisturized..

Yep, exactly right. Old and cheap, lol. I tthink they're a dollar?? I try to avoid them because when they're nice and toasted they go down like butter... but they are good and now I want one even more! Gah

Hey girls, typing from soccer... I worked til the battery conked out tho!

Haydee... I had the false positive & the 2nd level sono w/ dd... ugh, i'd never do that test again and if I'd known you were contemplating it I would've told you not to do it. That little niggling doubt never goes away.. it sux! Whenever you get to stressing about it, just think healthy thoughts.

Soccers over... Bbl.

Good morning!

Worked both places yesterday.

Very slow on computer, if by chance you come to Sallys and see me at the register, run...............