Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got banded 5/25! Anyone else on or close to this date so we can be buddies?

Just got banded 5/25! Anyone else on or close to this date so we can be buddies?

My band so SOOOO TIGHT and I had SOOO Much swelling I stayed in the hospital an extra day because I was throwing up my own saliva. A week later today, I am good, but just starting my journey. Looking for another bandster that got started on or around the same time as I did.

Lil

Edited by BelmontLil
forgot name

I'm a 25th-er as well :Dancing_biggrin: I'm doing great! Just got back from a visit with the surgeon.. I'm down 11 pounds post-op and now I'm on mushies!!!

Just got banded yesterday and I'm still a bit sore. Dropped 19lbs. before the surgery and looking forward to more! Were you hungry right away or is it that I'm just missing eating?

My surgery date was May 24, 2010 :thumbup:

The gas pains finally went away about 5 days ago, and so far I have lost 23 lbs including my pre op diet.

I'm on liquids for the next 8 days for 21 total.

At first my appetite was next to nothing, but lately I've found myself having lots of cravings (today spaghetti and Breakfast sandwiches lol!) And I've been eating up to 1 and 1/2 cups of Soup in one sitting..and I could probably comfortably eat 2 cups! This can't be normal??!!

My first fill is on June29th, and Im gonna ask my doctor to give me an "aggressive fill" so hopfully I will be satisfied at 1/2 cup servings-fingers crossed!

It's nice to "meet" some fellow bandsters at the same stage as me :(

I am getting banded 6-10... At Loyola in Chicago. Where were all of yours done?

Hi May bandsters! I got banded 5/19 and it took about a week to get rid of the gas pains. Had my first post op appt on 6/1 and got cleared for walking and "full fluids". Then onto "mushy foods" and my next appt is 7/6 for a potential fill. I have had some soreness still, not sure if I am pusing myself too hard while walking. Going to take it easier tomorrow. So far since surgery I am down 15 pounds but seem to be stuck. I think after reading on here, I might not be getting enough calories. Does anyone else have this problem?

I was banded May 24th, It took about a week for all the sweling to go down. At first I was never hungry. I was only eating about 1/4 of yogurt and 2 Protein shakes a day. I was loving it. Then I got really sick and weak and the doctor wanted to see me immediately. It was not actually my surgeon but the one on call. So I went in and they said I was not eating enough and I was dehydrated. So he went to see if there was anything in my band. Just so happens there was already 3 cc in my band. So he took it all out and I have been much better. I have lost about 15 lbs totally in two weeks. Now I am at a standstill but I am okay with that. I know this is a slow process. I see my doctor for my first post op appointment on Tuesday. Excited!!!

I am on full liquids right now but have been having mushies here and there. I still only eat about 1/4 cup to a 1/2 cup of food with each meal and then two Protein Shakes. I have been walking every night for the past week. It is feeling so good.

Hi Lil!

I just got banded on 6/1 and I've been having the same kinds of problems with swelling and throwing up saliva! Yours is the first post I've seen on here that described the same experience as mine. I went back to the hospital about 12 hours after I left from my surgery and was there another 3 1/2 days getting IV fluids and pain meds.

So did the swelling just go down on it's own or what? Were you throwing up a lot? I feel like maybe a tiny percentage of what I'm swallowing (and that isn't much) is making it through the band. I've been getting really worried and desparate but your post gave me some hope.

Would love to be band buddies!

It took another 3-4 days for my swelling to go down completely. I try not to weigh myself all the time but I know I am down at least 10-15 lbs. Today is my first post-op appointment. I have been on Clear Liquids since surgery 5/25.

I'm grateful I didnt get bad gas pains, but I do get an occaisional sharp pain in my side (probably gas, but who knows!)

anyway, I certainly feel better already. I can drink 2-4 ounces of Water easily but very slowly now and i just try and drink all day to stay hydrated. I'll check back in after my appointment later today to let you all know how I did!

Lil

I was banded on May 21st. I am on soft foods now. I was eating barely a 1/2 cup, but the past two days, I've been eating about 1 cup before feeling full, and am hungry again after just two hours. I'm hoping my first fill will fix this problem. I'm thinking the sweeling is all the way down sense the rstriction has lessoned quite a bit.

We'll see. I'm anxious for my first fill on the 15th.

It took another 3-4 days for my swelling to go down completely. I try not to weigh myself all the time but I know I am down at least 10-15 lbs. Today is my first post-op appointment. I have been on Clear liquids since surgery 5/25.

I'm grateful I didnt get bad gas pains, but I do get an occaisional sharp pain in my side (probably gas, but who knows!)

anyway, I certainly feel better already. I can drink 2-4 ounces of Water easily but very slowly now and i just try and drink all day to stay hydrated. I'll check back in after my appointment later today to let you all know how I did!

Lil

Thanks Lil - a couple of hours after I wrote you, I think the swelling went down a bit because I was actually able to keep down about a half of a cup of Protein shake. That was more than I've had all week combined!

Good luck with your appointment!

Hello everyone! So, things are going really well for me! I was moved onto mushies Thursday and so far so good! I'm also finally able to sleep in my bed.. For 2 nights now... It's a little odd as I'm most comfortable sleeping on my port side! I'm down a little more and feeling great! Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hi Lil, I just got banded on 6/2! I'm healing well but have the opposite problem, my band is not offering any restriction yet. However, I have lost 5 pounds since my surgery Wednesday b/c of the strict diet they have us on post surgery. I'm hungry, but remaining strong! No side effects from band thus far- just very sore at the port site... and gas in stomach and shoulder pain from it. Found a stretch that got rid of shoulder pain, however (pulling elbow behind head with opposite hand). How is your port site feeling? :unsure:

Hi Lil, I just got banded on 6/2! I'm healing well but have the opposite problem, my band is not offering any restriction yet. However, I have lost 5 pounds since my surgery Wednesday b/c of the strict diet they have us on post surgery. I'm hungry, but remaining strong! No side effects from band thus far- just very sore at the port site... and gas in stomach and shoulder pain from it. Found a stretch that got rid of shoulder pain, however (pulling elbow behind head with opposite hand). How is your port site feeling? :unsure:

Hey Sloan - my port site is really sore. I think now that the swelling and blockage have gone down, it's the worst part now. It hurts badly when I'm lying down but very little when sitting or standing. I can't wait to be able to lie on my stomach again!

I was banded 5/17....my new b-day!! I was in so much pain the first 2 days, was lucky to not have any gas pains or I think I would have died!

I am down 12-15lbs.....also very hungry!! eating mushies and some reg foods now .....feeling completely healed and now just starting lots of exercise....first fill 6/21.....excited for the future...also looking for new banded buddies