Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does the cellulite disapear with weightloss?

i hate my legs like really really h8 them, always been envious of the cute short dresses that all the girls wear. even with a podgy tum short dresses with killer legs are fab, just one thing though, i have cellulite above the knee and thighs and am worried that as i loose the weight will the cellulite stay or disapear???:rolleyes:

It may fade, but it won't go away completely. It depends on your genes, weight, skin-type, etc. There are creams and lotions that may help, but nothing is 100% proven.

It totally depends on your skin type. Unfortunately, I still have my cottage cheese thighs :rolleyes:

I've noticed that my legs had that cottage cheese look, until I started using my elliptical. For me it has really helped tone my legs. They are much smoother now than they were before. But as other said before me it will depend on how your own body works. Everyone is so different that one thing isn't going to work for everybody. But I really have found that exercise helps.

Probably not completely. I would wear a short skirt or dress with confidence as my problem area has shrunk. My legs are very toned from lots of running, but my bum is still very very wobbly and its dimply, the cellulite is just not on my thighs anymore. I cannot believe actually how flabby my backside is for the amount of exercise I do, the only thing that would fix it is surgery, and I'm just really not willing to consider a full body lift - too expensive, too horrible to recover from, scarring just as bad as the problem etc.

So I definitely have much less cellulite and flab, but I do still have it.

Well damn! That was one of the things I was so looking forward too was having my legs back!! When I was thin (but didn't know I was thin-psych issue) I did not have any dips, dimples, cellulite just smooth toned long legs & a tad bit on my backside, but now..... I know it's super super vain but I pray I get them back.

Somebody give me some hope, did anybody not have it b/f and it went away after...plz plz (fingers crossed)?!?!?

Water is suppose to help with cellulite. Rubbing your legs with lotion will help too. Like a massage to help break down the pockets. There is a cream made by Aveno that was on Oprah and another show a couple of weeks ago. They showed womens before and after... seemed to help.

I have had good results using these weight training videos. You can purchase dvd's that will target certain problems, i.e. cellulite, saggy skin. I have had good results but it is work.

So there is some hope!!!!! Thx

They also say using a rolling pin on the problem area helps break up the fatty tissue so it will disolve and go away. I have actually had some luck with htis, mixed with diet and excercise. I dont' have a lot of the cellulite, even as large as I am, but you massage it, whether that is with a rolling pin or just rubbing lotion on, and it helps break it down.

NADA......sorry to be the joy kill. But you will love your new leggs. :thumbup:

Sounds like Exercise, lotion and massage is the best thing to get rid of it! Thanks for the information!