Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok- two hours till surgery. I didnt sleep but an hour. Im nervous now..

Good luck to everyone in the next few days. Thank you for all your support and good vibes up until this point.

I am sure you are out of surgery so hope all is well. Happy Band Day to you!

Hello all, I am going to have my surgery on August 16. I am counting the days and minutes. I am so excited. My doctor has had me on a liquid diet. He wants it for 2 weeks prior to surgery. I started a little earlier, cutting out one mean and replacing it with a Protein Shake and then 2, till I had to actually start all liquid. It was been 8 days scrictly liquid. I think it is mind over matter. I want this so bad, so I don't feel like I am missing out not eating.

I went for my preop last friday. When I got on the scale and was down 15 pounds I made her weigh me again, I didn't believe her. I am so happy and excited. If anyone needs encouragement, I am full of it lately.

Good luck to all my other bandsters!!!

i don't know if it's nerves or a bug but my tummy is sooooo upset today.

i don't really think it's nerves because the rest of me isn't nervous.

does anyone know if they can give me anything if i walk in with a huge headache? i get them if i don't eat and not being able to eat for over 16 hour before surgery i know i'm going to be in pain with prob the biggest one ever. plus then not eating that entire day

will they give me something when i get there or will i have to wait until it's done to get something?

i don't know if it's nerves or a bug but my tummy is sooooo upset today.

i don't really think it's nerves because the rest of me isn't nervous.

does anyone know if they can give me anything if i walk in with a huge headache? i get them if i don't eat and not being able to eat for over 16 hour before surgery i know i'm going to be in pain with prob the biggest one ever. plus then not eating that entire day

will they give me something when i get there or will i have to wait until it's done to get something?

I just wanted to say lately I been getting headaches myself and what I have been doing is taking a spoon full of Peanut Butter. I am supposed to only have liquids myself but I am not much of a pill taker so I rather the peanut butter and hope that it wont take a toll with the surgery. Maybe you could eat some too to help. Good luck!:(

Hi August Bandsters!

My date is August 25th and my testing appt is Aug 16 and my pre op appt is Aug 23. I was told I don't have to do a pre op diet. Is there a reason why I wouldn't have to do one? I think I'm going to follow a pre op diet because any weight loss between now and my date would be beneficial to the journey.

Hi August Bandsters!

My date is August 25th and my testing appt is Aug 16 and my pre op appt is Aug 23. I was told I don't have to do a pre op diet. Is there a reason why I wouldn't have to do one? I think I'm going to follow a pre op diet because any weight loss between now and my date would be beneficial to the journey.

Sometimes you do not have to do a pre-op if your BMI is low enough. Also it could just be the surgeon's choice and he is comfortable with not doing one. But then again I am not a Doc. :( Just from threads I have read.

I just wanted to say lately I been getting headaches myself and what I have been doing is taking a spoon full of Peanut Butter. I am supposed to only have liquids myself but I am not much of a pill taker so I rather the peanut butter and hope that it wont take a toll with the surgery. Maybe you could eat some too to help. Good luck!:(

it's a good idea and usually what i do but i've been told no eating or drinking past midnight and my surgery isn't until 3pm. if it was in the morning i'd be fine but going most of the day without even a glass of Water is going to cause major headaches for me i just know it.

i'm hoping that i'll be so excited and nervous that my brain will forget it hasn't eaten and not hurt but i doubt it.

Hi August Bandsters!

i'm not on any special diet this week though i've taken it upon myself to take the high Protein Shakes and replace 2 meals. it depends on your dr i guess. and your insurance company for how much you need to lose before surgery. since we pay 100% out of pocket in Ontario there's no insurance company telling us what to do.

my dr suggested a high Protein low fat plan for a week but that's more to get used to what we'll be eating after surgery not to do anything before.

For me, I am totally ashamed to have to have the WLS. I know that I shoudln't, but I do. I have always been fit my whole life and in fact was an Division I All-American collegiate track and field star. Fast foward 6 years and 2 kids later and I'm 100 lbs overweight. I'm ashamed and haven't wanted to go anywhere because I don't want people to see the massive change that I've undergone. I'm from a different state than where I live in now and don't ever want to go back home because of how people will react to my weight, including my family. I gained 20 lbs when I completed my senior season and then I had my first child 2 years later and put on 60lbs. I eventually loss that 60 lbs, but then got pregnant w/my 2nd child, 2 years after that, and put on another 80 lbs.

I've littlerally been held hostage in my own home because of my weight and my embarrasment to go anywhere because of what people that have always known me would think. I've tried everything over these past 2 years of struggling since the birth of my second child and nothing has worked. I'm so excited to be getting this surgery in 2 days and I'm hoping to reclaim my life back! I want to feel attractive to my husband again and go to the mall, movies, and out to dinner with friends again.

My surgery is in San Diego in 2 days and it couldn't come quick enough. Congratulations to all of you that have just had your surgery and I'll be posting my updates on here when I cross the other side.

By the way what it the YT videos that you all were refering to about someone's LAP-BAND® story? Can you post the link? Thanks!

QUOTE]

Here are a few YT links to start you out, then you can go from there.

Good luck on your journey!!:(

YouTube - ‪lap band journey‬‎

YouTube - ‪lap band journey 2010‬‎

I just got my date and Im scheduled for August 23, 2010! Im excited and super anxious! I hope these next two weeks fly by, even though I know they wont.They never do when you need them to.:(

I am banding tomorrow...wish me luck!

i am banding tomorrow...wish me luck!

ggod luck jen :)

I wish Jen and all the others being banded starting tomorrow the very best.

I think about you guys all the time.

Shadena aren't you also gonna be banded tomorrow? I guess everyone is off prepping and getting ready for thei big day.

Shadena they're asking about you on bandedliving.com , so be sure to check in here and there.

I was not put on a pre-op diet either but as of tomorrow I will be doing the fat flush smoothies replacing 2 meals with my shakes and 1 fish and veggie meal . to tell you all the truth I have run out of stuff to eat anyway. I cannot think of 1 thing that I feel I just have to have before my surgery. I'm ready to get this thing going.

Hi August Bandsters! I was just banded yesterday and I couldn't be happier! I'm so glad surgery day is over. Now comes the hard work. I'm so ready to take this on! It's very exciting!

Good luck to all of you!