Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My current surgery date is for August 12th. I'm kinda nervouse and am having cold feet, but I will go through with it. I'm on a very low calorie diet right now, but I actually get to eat stuff and do not have to do a liquid diet. I just can't eat any grains, sugary stuff, etc. I did eat a salad for dinner with cottage cheese dressing. I mixed cottage cheese with some Ranch dressing powder and it actually made a good dressing. Does anyone else have any meal ideas for the liver shrinking diet?

Good luck on your surgery! Mine is TOMORROW THE 6TH!

I was on a hi-protein diet and could eat regular foods, but no grains, fruits or vegetables. On my pre-op diet i drank lots of EAS Advantage lo-carb chocolate fudge shakes, ate cottage cheese, fat free greek yogurt, lo-fat refried Beans w/ cheese (very satsifying), turkey sausages, broiled chicken and lots of Water. Not the funnest diet, but I honestly wasn't hungry the whole time. The high amounts of protien really kept me full. Good luck!!

OMG. My surgery is in 7 hours. I have to be up in 5 hours and at the hospital in 6 hours and I CAN'T SLEEP!!! It's midnight and my mind is just whirling. Of course it didn't help that I took a 3 hour nap today.

Same here, my surgery is tomorrow morning. I have to be there in about 8 hours. I should go to bed, I just stayed up late cleaning and doing laundry since I dont' know how I'm gonna feel the next several days and I hate being in a messy place when I don't feel good.

Amanda - is your surgery outpatient or overnight?

Mine is outpatient. It was almost 1:30 before I was able to go to sleep last night. It's now 5:15 and we are about to head out.

My blood pressure is up and so is my pulse. I'm really nervous this morning:(

Mine is outpatient. It was almost 1:30 before I was able to go to sleep last night. It's now 5:15 and we are about to head out.

You will do just fine!!! keep us posted!

Jennifer

good luck ladies!!!

Getting banded on Thursday the 12th. Kinda nervous. I have been keeping good on my diet. I've been using an app for my droid that tracks my Calories.

well it turns out i lost 10lbs while in the sweat box also know as Florida for 2 weeks.

during the day the lowest temps were around the 96-97 degrees with over 90% humidity every day. between the sweating, walking and only eating 2 meals a day i'd be shocked if i didn't lose anything.

i watched this show last night "how i lost 100 pounds" anyone else see it?

there was a 20ish girl on there who was banded a few years ago.

she had lost about 105lbs and was now going to get a body lift but apparently even after all these years she still hasn't changed her mind set and when she had some cc's removed in order to heal properly she went home backed some Cookies to "celebrate" and proceeded to eat all but 2 of them.

i think being banded is just a tool and if you don't change the mind set and get those reasons why we over eat or choose the wrong things it's going to be sooooo difficult.

so heres to all the support we can give each other through this journey and i hope you all have support in your off line lives.

good luck to those who are getting banded this week (including myself :party: )

Officially Banded!

I am home from the hospital and offically banded! It was a lot smoother than I expected. I prepared for the worst, but hoped for the best and it really turned out to be no big deal. It really wasn't bad at all. I woke up from the anesthia really easily, I was up and walking around 2 hours after recovery, in fact a few of the nurses couldn't believe it and said they were amazed that I was already walking. I have 5 inscions, and 4 are pretty tiny. The doctored covered them with a clear glue like substance, no stiches or steri strips. I was able to take a shower 24 hours afterwards. But was told not to scrub the area. Not like I would have wanted to anyway!!

I had a lot of gas in my chest and shoulder areas, and it killed but I had read countless posts that its best to walk walk walk after surgery and that is SOO true, every time I would finish walking around the ward, I would let out a burp and started to gradually felt better each time.

I had originally thought that it was going to be an outpatient procedure, in fact when the hospital called to confirm it a few days earlier they said it was outpatient as well. Well when I got there yesterday morning at 7:30am to register the nurse told me the doc wanted me to stay inpatient for insurance purposes (I guess he gets reimbursed for more of the procedure that way.) I was pissed at first, since I didn't plan or pack for an overnight stay. I had absolutely nothing with me but my ID and insurance card and chapstick. But I agreed, knowing that I have lots of expereince in hospitals, it does give a feeling of comfort knowing that with the push of a button a nurse will come and bring me some gooooood drugs. :party:

I didn't have tons of pain but kept getting the pain killers, and I would highly reccommend that. I had some of the best sleep I've ever had last night. Like floating on a cloud :smile2: The pain wasn't bad, I just more so just felt uncomfortable and "tight". But nothing I couldn't bare, mosting gettnig up and laying down is the toughest. But it's been less than 48 hours since surgery and I feel fine. I've been up and down a few sets of stairs, and probably circled the ward about 15 times no problem.

So, now I'm home. I'm not hungry really. But my stomach is gurgling. It's an odd sensation....I thought I was going to be on an all liquid diet this week, but they gave me pudding and yogurt and milk which is great. (Better than broth!). So, I think I will do ok. I have all day tomoorrow to rest as well (Sunday) and then I plan to go back to work Monday instead of Tuesday. I don't think I'll have a problem.

Oh but does anyone else have to give themselves self injections daily post-op for 10 days of a blood thinner?? I found out I had to do this and it freaked me out!! My first one is tomorrow.

Hi Amanda,

How was your surgery? Hope it went smoothly! I can't beleive I have a band inside me now can you? I can't feel it and I can eat and drink just fine. On to the next part of our journey!!

Best wishes,

Melissa

Hi all!

I joined the list last fall and dropped off for a bit when I got discouraged during my 6-month diet & exercise. Now, I'm scheduled for surgery on 8/19! I'm on day 3 of my pre-op diet (liquid and protein) and so far, ok. I can't believe how (relatively) well the pre-op diet is going--sure, I'm hungry and miss food, but no major pangs or cravings. Yet. :-) Anyway, just wanted to say hi again.

well it turns out i lost 10lbs while in the sweat box also know as Florida for 2 weeks.

during the day the lowest temps were around the 96-97 degrees with over 90% humidity every day. between the sweating, walking and only eating 2 meals a day i'd be shocked if i didn't lose anything.

i watched this show last night "how i lost 100 pounds" anyone else see it?

there was a 20ish girl on there who was banded a few years ago.

she had lost about 105lbs and was now going to get a body lift but apparently even after all these years she still hasn't changed her mind set and when she had some cc's removed in order to heal properly she went home backed some Cookies to "celebrate" and proceeded to eat all but 2 of them.

i think being banded is just a tool and if you don't change the mind set and get those reasons why we over eat or choose the wrong things it's going to be sooooo difficult.

so heres to all the support we can give each other through this journey and i hope you all have support in your off line lives.

good luck to those who are getting banded this week (including myself :party: )

I saw that and even though she lost all of her weight and lost all of her weight, I thought she was a bad example of a bandster.

The way she was eating and the cookie thing was sad. It was funny to see her Mom constantly telling her about her eating habits and how she had to get control of that and her just looking at her and shoveling a big fork full in her mouth.

Congrats on your weight loss . We have to work to do better.

Congrats to you Melissa...you make the surgery sound like a breeze. I hope I have the same breezy experience . Well I wish that for all of us coming up to surgery day.

I hope Spoiltmom is well and past her surgery. Hopefully she'll check in soon.

Hello! It's good to see everyone is doing well. I am on the end of my liquid diet as my surgery is on Wednesday morning. I sure hope I have the same eventless day!! My doc has me on his Meal Replacement Protein Drink and then just any liquid that is sugar free so I have had some dizziness recently and decided to add some broth once a day for the sodium and feel much better. I am down 11 lbs in the past week and a half from the pre-op diet. Looking forward to moving on.

Good luck to everyone!! Have a great Sunday.

I'm am 40 & married. Looking forward to getting banned on August 25th. I like your goals! Will keep you in my prayers.

i was banded on august 2nd and still sore. i did have some crackers and mashed potatoes after 5 days---woops.....but 95% sticking to liquids!!!