Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is Monday May 17th @ 8:30am (I might back out)

We're praying! You can do this! Let us know how it all works out!

Good Luck! Before you now it, it will be over with... at least that is what I have been telling myself! My surgery is right around the corner on June 2nd. It took me a long time to get to the point of even deciding to do this procedure. What has helped me is knowing people who have had it done AND who say their only regret is not getting it done sooner. So take a deep breath and try to relax. Keep us posted!

Honestly? Your chances of not surviving the car ride to the hospital are better than not surviving the surgery. Anesthessia is the easiest part of the process. IV, Happy Shot, Gas..........You blink and you wake up in recovery. It's all good!

First: I cried when I read your note and had to sign on to reply, I am signed on for YOU! You are too young to live a life behind a wall (read my bio to 'get' that comment)

Hey, girl... Did you ask your Doc how many patients he's had die during surgery? The answer will most likely be a big fat ZERO!

My Surgery is Tuesday and When I come home Wednesday I expect to hear from you that you are feeling pretty silly for scaring yourself sick!

DO IT TOMORROW AND LIVE, LIVE, LIVE TO BE A VERY OLD HEALTHY LADY!!!

First: I cried when I read your note and had to sign on to reply, I am signed on for YOU! You are too young to live a life behind a wall (read my bio to 'get' that comment)

Hey, girl... Did you ask your Doc how many patients he's had die during surgery? The answer will most likely be a big fat ZERO!

My Surgery is Tuesday and When I come home Wednesday I expect to hear from you that you are feeling pretty silly for scaring yourself sick!

DO IT TOMORROW AND LIVE, LIVE, LIVE TO BE A VERY OLD HEALTHY LADY!!!

Oh my god, *crying again* you are so right. I have to overcome this fear of being put to sleep. I have read about the statistics and I know that it is safe.... I am just a worrier and I am drivng my self insane. I have been called every name in the book for being overweight.... been rejected lauged at and told to my face that I was huge and should just end my life..... I also have so many health problems for my age that I often fear a heart attack.... not something I imagined at age 28. But as I read your page and see your age you truly give me hope and inspire me to leap into my new life cause it really will benefit me in the end. I am tired of being the outkast and the unhealthy one.... I need this chance at a new life.... thanks so much and as soon as I arrive home after my surgery I will post an update.

Pray for me

Dana

So very glad you got the message!!!:)

I look forward to reading your post op report!

I have an insanely nuts day tomorrow of preop and personal errands but my thoughts and prayers for courage and vistory will be with you! Now I can go to sleep!!!!

:smile:congrats on your decision!

Just take a DEEP breath......... you are haveing this surgery so that you can have a better life,its not just a elective surgery for the fun of it. You are here at this moment for a reason. Pray and ask others to pray for you to. It never fails me......... I had my first surgery 4 yrs ago and experienced the same fear. I needed back surgery I was amazed at how I did'nt remember a thing about them wheeling me to the operateing room.

:thumbup:My surgery is on tues, the 18th I waited for this day to come and now that is almost here just as sure as God wakes me up at 5am tuesday morn, I know he will wake me up after surgery. I ready for my journey to begin. Don't let your anxiety stop you.

chocolate,

Let us know how you are!

Did you go threw with it?!?!!? Im so curious. My surgery was today, all went wall except for this horrible gas pains i have in my left shoulder. They are really a killer!

The first time I had surgery I cried for days before. No matter how much I talked to people it didn't lessen the fear. The same thing was true this time: Though I didn't cry, I was terrified the day I got my band.

Congratulations to you for going through with this. It makes you one courageous young woman! I believe that courage means feeling the fear but going through with whatever scares you, anyway.

We're all proud of you,, Dana, and we're going to be cheering you on your lap band journey :thumbup:!

Debbie

Did you go threw with it?!?!!? Im so curious. My surgery was today, all went wall except for this horrible gas pains i have in my left shoulder. They are really a killer!

Same here, I've tried my medicine and chewable Gas X pills and it still won't go away.

Let us know how you're doing chocolate. :thumbup:

My surgery is in 4 days.....I am terrified and in tears!

I just want to say a big THANK YOU for all of your words of encourgment directed towards chocolate....I read all of your comments and took them straight to my heart! You all have given me, a stranger, the courage to put my 'big girl' pants on and face this journey straight on!

*hugs*

Lisa

I did it!! I backed out once when they first wheeled me into the operartion room... they told me to scoot from the gurney to the operating table and I threw up my hands and said "NO, I am sorry Dr. I can not do this" He was like" are you sure? you've come so far" and I told him NO..... I just could not do it... so they wheeled me out of the OR and he was visibly upset...... He called my mom and dad who were in the waiting room and told them to come meet up with me cause I cancelled out. My mom came and wad FURIOUS! She told him Dr. please do NOT listen to dana and just put her to sleep...... He told my mom that he would NOT do that unless I gave him full consent he also aexpressed that he had 6 other surgeries this mornonig and that if I was NOT going to do it then he needed to get to the next one..... then he called over Nurse Bridget who was nice but FIRM...... she looked at me and said oh NO siter girl you are going to do this........ she put on some scrubs and was like... I am going in the OR with you...... she came in and told me to stop being scared and that she would watch over me every step of the way.......She put some mask over my face and said take deep breaths dana... I tried to avoid the mask but she placed it there anyway..... next thing you know I was woken up in Recovery!! Surgery was DONE and I was ALIVE!!! Thank goodness I finally just came to my senses and just let her take me in there. I am in so much pain right now tho.... the gas in my chest is killilng me...... I have burped so much all through the night at the hospital... I just got released and now I am back home. Thank you all for your courage and strength..... I could not have done it with out this whole message board!!!

I am trly SORE and Dizzy but happy!!!

Thanks

Dana :thumbup: