Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My big day is tomorrow. I've got alot to do today so that should make today go by quickly.

I'm really looking forward to this new start.

I hope all goes well for you today! My surgery is at 2 this afternoon... I'm freaking out!

I did it

I am officially banded since yesterday!

Surgery is the easiest part so dont worry about it

I cried the whole time i was in pre-op room

I let it all out and i am glad i did!

What a great journey..

i am new to everything! My Surgery is scheduled for July 17th I am so nersous.. but So EXCITED :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

I finally got my golden ticket. My surgery date is July 21. I can't wait. I am so excited, but scared about it too. I have been heavy my whole life, I'm not to sure what I will look like at a healthy weight and that is kind of a scary thought too. Does anyone else feel this way?:thumbup:

I completely agree. My surgery date is one week from today (July 13th) and I am really nervous, I know my life will completely change and I am excited/nervous about the "after life" And I have been heavy my whole life and I have no idea what it will be like to be a healthy weight and i completely can't wrap my head around that. I guess if I could I would not be so nervous. :thumbup: Good Luck!!

OK. This is my first attempt at posting here.

I started the process 2 years before I even went to see a surgeon. Had my consultation 12/23/09. My surgery is scheduled for 7/23/10.

Lot's of crazy stuff happened between 12/09 and my approval in late June. Echocardiogram, stress test, heart catheterization, syncope with a fun ambulance ride and an overnight hospital stay.

I started the pre-op diet on 7/1. It is a low fat, low carb (of course, low calorie) diet. Just regular healty food.< /p>

I go back 7/21 for a pre-op that will include: dietitian, M.D. and then the hospital.

I am nervous. I am nervous. Did I say, I am nervous? The "surgery" part does not worry me, but life after is what I expect to be SO very different.

:thumbup:

Congrats for all of those who got banded today! Happy for you guys. I am looking at 07/19, worried about pre-op appointment, I don't know if there would be something that could be found during pre-op that could derail my plan.

Cedric :confused:

Only a few days left for me! I'm having a hard time with the diet. My doc didn't put me on a liquid only diet, but I'm thinking of doing one myself the last few days. I'm also going to completely clean out my kitchen and restock with healthier foods and what I'll need for the first few weeks post op. I'm getting nervous and it seems like the time is just flying by.

You are just days away!!

I do not get on the scales at home. I go by the Dr. office weight. I can tell I have lost a little, just by the fit on my pants around the waist. It's such a long journey, and I don't want to focus on the pounds, but, what else is there?

We are going on vacation 7/14 - 7/18. Road trips are the worst when it comes to snacking, and restaurant food can be a killer.

Taking all the "old food" out of the kitchen sounds like a really good idea. I have 2 boys and some of the junk food will always be around.

Good luck. I'll be thinking of you on your big day and after!

Josie

July 26th! Self pay/Care credit. Self pay went fast because you don't need ins approval, then WHAM! yesterday I'm told my ekg is abnormal! Gotta go to 2 day stress test. Will know more after this afternoon's phone conference w/nuclear med, but I PRAY I'm able to still be a July bandster like you guys!

My surgery date is July 14 & I started my preop diet today.All I can say is I'm starving...lol Only liquids for me but I know it is for a great cause.I want my life back:) I am having mine done by Dr. Milton Owens...So wish me luck

I had my surgery yesterday, July 6th at 7:30am which is hopefully my new birthday :thumbup:

Congratulations to all who were banded this week! I will soon be joining you on the loser bench next Friday. I'm so excited but extremely nervous.

Hi Lassen I hope everything goes well with your stress test today.

Had my final blood work done today and all the paperwork is all signed....now just waiting til next Tuesday (July 13th).

I am getting a bit nervous...what if after all of this work to get here the band does not work...ugh :thumbup: