Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date is July 26th and I am beyond excited!!

Yup I have been on the pre op liquids since July 1st! My surgery is the 15th its the worst! Im starving!!!! Goodluck!!! Let me know how it goes we are two days between one another as far as surgery date goes!! :)

I'm having my surgery on July 13th and can't wait!!! I've been on the pre-op Protein Meal Replacement shakes since June 28th and am so excited to be done with it!! lol Does anyone else have to eat these shakes for 2 whole weeks before surgery?

I am being banded July 16th :) I am on Day 8 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet and all is going swell, I have lost 22 lbs far! Is it just me or is that not crazy??? I even went and bought a new scale because I just couldn't believe it. I am just shocked after reading some of these post about the struggles with insurance approval. I was required to do 6 months of follow up dr visits and a psych evaluation to get the approval, the only issued I incurred was I couldn't have the surgery at my local hospital since it wasn't "a center of excellence" but it all worked out, my Surgeon uses another hospital, it's just 80 miles from me :ohmy:

i was banded on july 7th and since i started this whole process i had lot a total of 23 pounds now i'm 2 days after the sugery and i am down a total of 29 pounds. Its so unbelievably AWESOME!!!!:)

I had my pre-op today. :) Just a few more days. I start this liquid only diet tomorrow. I've had such a hard time sticking to a low fat diet, I decided I should start a liquid only a few days before the surgery.

I'm also weening off of diet coke, since no carbonation after Monday. I've found other sources of caffine, I've just got to kicked the coke.

I'm getting nervous, but so excited!

Thank you!!! Same to you! :)

Hi All,

I am new to this site and from Canada. I think we are all self pay in Canada so it is very quick to get in to the clinic in Toronto..

My date is July 28th.

I havent been told anything about Pre Op diet?? Is the pre op something i should know about?

thanks and good luck to all xo

Hi everyone!

Well after 3 different surgery dates that have gotten cancelled, finally July 13th is FORSURE!!! :) Woo Hoo!! I am SO excited to start a new chapter in my life!

Good luck to everyone on here! I love reading everyones stories!

Officially a July Bandster from MN!!!!!

Hi everyone!

Well after 3 different surgery dates that have gotten cancelled, finally July 13th is FORSURE!!! :) Woo Hoo!! I am SO excited to start a new chapter in my life!

Good luck to everyone on here! I love reading everyones stories!

Officially a July Bandster from MN!!!!!

Good Luck we have the same surgey date!! Only a couple of more days!!:ohmy::cursing:

I stocked up today, too! Protein drinks/mixes, yogurt, fruit sauces. I forgot the popsicles and Jello, though. Oh well, I'm sure I'll end up at the store before my day anyway. I also filled my prescriptions. Now I'm doing laundry and making sure the house is spotless and easy for hubby to take care of while I recuperate. Many, many preparations!

Hi, Expresso88,

I hope your surgery went well, and that things are now going great for you.

I am a newbie to this board, and my surgery date is this week, July 15th. I too am both very nervous and excited as well.

It is so great to read the responses and questions from others...to know I am not alone...Thanks to everyone!

First time posting but am so glad to see how many of you share tomorrow as surgery day. I'm glad to see my stocking up on liquids and cleaning the house isn't all that strange. I am also a little worried and anxious but feel like the program I went through prepared me for what's coming. Hoping for all of us to have a quick and easy surgery that we sail through and meet on the other side later in the week.

Good luck to all of you tomorrow...

Edited by rkimom
wanted to add additional details.

Good Luck we have the same surgey date!! Only a couple of more days!!:grouphug::lol:

Me too! Tomorrow is the start of the real work, isn't it???

So, it looks like there are 5 of us (rkimom, tigermomof3, sunshine821, me, and HoneyBrown) going in tomorrow. Did I miss anyone?? Good luck ladies and I wish you a speedy recovery. =) :grouphug:

So, it looks like there are 5 of us (rkimom, tigermomof3, sunshine821, me, and HoneyBrown) going in tomorrow. Did I miss anyone?? Good luck ladies and I wish you a speedy recovery. =) :grouphug:

Good Luck everyone!!!! I am sure we are all sitting up tonight nervous/excited. Tomorrow is the beginning of a brand new life for us!!! Just take it one day at a time and before we know it we will be back to a regular diet again. My prayers are with you all!!