Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, July 16, which makes it in about 12 hours. I'm not nervous like I thought I would be. I know this is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing.

just got rebanded on the 10th, 5 days post op and my 4th day back at work. Feeling 99% back to myself. I am go glad to have the band back

Welcome back to Band Land! : )

Hi Monica, Im so happy for you. Im scheduled for July 19th.Soooooooo excited. I am having surgery at Huntington Memorial Hospital in South Pasadena by Dr David Martin. Keep in Touch. Best of luck I know all will go well for us.

congrats to all July Banders. good luck crazylegs and to all those getting banded today the 16th. Im getting banded on Monday 19th at 7:30 am. Im very excited and not nervous...so far.

Okay I am now 3 days post surgery. Today has been by far the best day, the pain in my neck and shoulders is all gone (yea!!) Still have some pain in my incisions but definately not too bad.

I am actually starting to get a little bit hungry which is what the doc said would happen after the swelling starting going down. Tomorrow I get to start on yogurts,applesauce,oatmeal. So I am looking forward to a little bit of variety.

Today has been the first day when it has been a little bit difficult watching the rest of the family eat and I sip on some Water ;D.

How is everyone else doing that has been banded recently??

Okay I am now 3 days post surgery. Today has been by far the best day, the pain in my neck and shoulders is all gone (yea!!) Still have some pain in my incisions but definately not too bad.

I am actually starting to get a little bit hungry which is what the doc said would happen after the swelling starting going down. Tomorrow I get to start on yogurts,applesauce,oatmeal. So I am looking forward to a little bit of variety.

Today has been the first day when it has been a little bit difficult watching the rest of the family eat and I sip on some Water ;D.

How is everyone else doing that has been banded recently??

Hi Tigermom,

So glad to hear it gets better soon! I had my surgery yesterday and got home this afternoon. Still feeling pretty lousy...weak and shaky, hungry (?!), bad caffeine-withdrawal. The incision pain isn't too bad, luckily. You're fortunate your doctor lets you eat soft foods so soon; I'm on Clear Liquids for another 6 days.

I weighed myself first thing when getting home and, surprise, have gained 10 pounds in one day!! But I checked online and apparently it's the IV fluids they pumped me full of 24/7. Did the same happen to any other bandsters?

I know this was the right thing -- it was the ONLY thing I could do -- but I'm feeling kind of sorry for myself right now. I guess that'll pass though, huh? :wink2: Can't wait for this post-op phase to pass so I can get on with my life again! Good luck to us both as we begin this journey!:cool:

Hi Tigermom,

... I weighed myself first thing when getting home and, surprise, have gained 10 pounds in one day!! ...

Come on, you know better than that! : )

We rarely come out ahead when playing the daily scales game : )

Best of luck with your recovery!

Come on, you know better than that! : )

We rarely come out ahead when playing the daily scales game : )

Best of luck with your recovery!

LOL you're so right. Force of habit, I guess :cool:

LOL you're so right. Force of habit, I guess :cool:

Short term pain, long term gain ;-)

I am 2 days post op!!!!!!Yay me. I m feeling a little bad but its all worth it. I cant drink more than 4oz and my shoulder and neck is hurting and I feel my port uhhhh,but hey I asked for it and Im ready too start my new journey of life. Too all my July 2010 banders Good Luck

Hi Tigermom,

So glad to hear it gets better soon! I had my surgery yesterday and got home this afternoon. Still feeling pretty lousy...weak and shaky, hungry (?!), bad caffeine-withdrawal. The incision pain isn't too bad, luckily. You're fortunate your doctor lets you eat soft foods so soon; I'm on clear liquids for another 6 days.

I weighed myself first thing when getting home and, surprise, have gained 10 pounds in one day!! But I checked online and apparently it's the IV fluids they pumped me full of 24/7. Did the same happen to any other bandsters?

I know this was the right thing -- it was the ONLY thing I could do -- but I'm feeling kind of sorry for myself right now. I guess that'll pass though, huh? :thumbup: Can't wait for this post-op phase to pass so I can get on with my life again! Good luck to us both as we begin this journey!:cool:

That is so funny I did the exact same thing, I weighed myself when i got home I don't know what I was expecting I guess just curiousity and I was up 4 pounds which those are gone plus another 4 four days post op. But I completely agree with what someone else said it is SO EASY to get wrapped up in the scale!! So i am not going to weigh myself again until the post op visit (next Friday). Also the doc said not to focus so much on weight loss this initial 6 weeks it is about healing correctly so the band can do it's job long term :wink2:. Good Luck lets keep each other posted!!

Hi All,

I am new to this site and from Canada. I think we are all self pay in Canada so it is very quick to get in to the clinic in Toronto..

My date is July 28th.

I havent been told anything about Pre Op diet?? Is the pre op something i should know about?

thanks and good luck to all xo

hi there!!

you should ask about it....the purpose of the pre op diet is two fold..the most important thing is it is to shrink you liver...since your liver sits on top of your stomach, the surgeon has to actually lift it, and move it.....you want to make this the safest procedure as possible...

secondly, to heal, you are going to need to give your stomach a rest....so this is also to get you used to the idea of a liquid diet, since you will really need to stick to it post op....plus losing a few pounds never hurt!!!

I personally and digging the way I am feeling from the great nutrition in these shakes!!! I have been a workout fool, and feel really good!! (except the port pain...ugh!!) hang in there!!!

I got my surgery date booked for July 2nd and so far everything looks good (crossing fingers...). What about you guys, anybody else getting banded this coming July?

Right now I'm busy soaking up information and I came across some great blogs of people I could relate to. Thanks to them and to the nice people on this forum, while I'm still a little apprehensive I now have a much better understanding of the journey that awaits me. Not to mention some great tricks and recipes! I have some unused vacation time that I'll be taking after the surgery, it should make for an interesting summer!

Keep in touch!

Peace : )

hey there!!

how are you feeling??? I was banded on July 1.....am feeling fantastic!!! except for some port pain..ok a lot of it..but its partially because I need to do some lifting (my 3 yr old has cp, and I have to lift him...) and my boys always seem to get their elbows right there, too....so I have some bruising...

but my energy and stamina has rebounded, and I have been a workout fool!! not eating too much, mostly shakes, but thats fine with me.....so far down 65.5 lbs....

I promised myself a reward for getting under 300 lbs....this week I weighed in at the surgeons office at 300.5 grrrrrrr..

take care!

How nice to wake up this morning 2 days post-op and start to feel more "normal"! I took the dog for a short walk, and was able to get down a few more oz. of the Protein Shakes. Funny how on my pre-op diet I devoured these things like they were the most delicious liquids on earth, now I can barely get them down!

Okay, question for all you coffee addicts:

Anyone had to deal with caffeine withdrawal headaches? How have you managed? I'm taking Roxicet for the incision pain but even that isn't conquering my caffeine headache. YIKES! I'm on clear liquids and that doesn't include coffee or tea, they say.

Any suggestions? :cool: I should have fully tapered off caffeine in the weeks prior to surgery, and I did cut back to 1 cup a day, but I guess that wasn't enough.

Thanks, and happy weekend all!

I promised myself a reward for getting under 300 lbs....this week I weighed in at the surgeons office at 300.5 grrrrrrr..

65 pounds is an amazing loss in so short a time!!! Good for you!!! (and I think a small reward is in order, most definitely!)

:cool::thumbup: