Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moved to Stage 3 today! Hello foods!

So interesting the difference in what our doctors direct us to eat post-op.

My doc had me on Protein shakes and Water for two weeks pre-op and two weeks post op. I was hungry, but I didn't cheat one bit. (So unlike me in previous weight loss attempts.)

I saw the nutritionist today and she moved me on to stage 3. Mushy and soft foods...but not entirely. I can have chicken and fish and mashed potato. I'm so happy to eat something new!

I was one of those people that thought I wouldn't feel my band really working until my first fill. But tonight I had a 1/2 cup of potato and a few peas. A put in on a small plate and I couldn't even eat half of it. I stopped eating when I felt full. And I'm sitting here 40 minutes later very full. YAY!!

15lbs in total since pre-op. I'll take what I can get!

Good luck to all...I'm being banded July 21, 2010....YAY!!!!!!

Good Luck tomorrow!!!!!!!! Keep us posted I'm being banded July 28, 2010 YAHOO!!!!!!!!

Anyone who was banded recently, please post how you are doing and what you are able to eat right now...Just wondering how it is within the first 2 weeks after surgery.

THanks!!!

Hello MISSNURSETTE, I got banded on Monday 7/19 and I am still rolling with the liquid diet. Broths, Protein and thats about it. The only difference from now to the past week is that I can only intake so much and then I am full. I am sticking to unjury Protein (unflavored and chicken flavored), Jello and Crystal light. Life is good! :thumbup:

all set to be banded on Monday July 26th.

nervous.

like crazy nervous.:thumbup:

26th for me too Coolhanddan. I'm nervous and excited. Good luck to you and hope we both have easy procedures.

nervous.

Coolhanddan, take it easy! You will be fine, I was so nervous that I sat my wife down and talked to her about all the possibilities. If you have xanax take it, and on the day of your procedure ask them to give you a chill pill or shot. It will relax you! EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE! I am a Paramedic and sometimes knowing too much can be scarry. It was for me, but seeing things from the other side now makes me realize how professional everyone is and that the complications are minimal. There is risks in everything we do, driving is an example, right? Yet, we do it every day. Have happy thoughts, you will be fine, you will be halthier after surgery! :)

nervous.

Breathe! It'll be here and over before you know it. I was a nervous wreck also, so much so I almost walked out of the hospital when they came to give me the IV. Don't be afraid to ask them to give you something once you get settled in waiting for the OR, I asked for something and before I knew it, I was cracking jokes with the Surgeon & Surgical Techs before the anesthesia kicked in. RELAX & TAKE A DEEP BREATHE..... You've made a HUGE decision for your health, it's only normal to be nervous. :)

I was banded last thursday, the 15th. Everything has gone pretty well. I have lost nine lbs so far. The biggest recommendation I have is to get up and walk as soon as possible to start getting the gas out of your system. It is so hot here that I did laps around the inside of the house. It work. Since the gas got out I have had some soreness, but not real pain. I have stuck with broth and Jello. I have had miso Soup with out the tofu, it was a big treat.

Good luck and enjoy the journey. I am so happy I did this for myself.:thumbup:

i was banded on july 19the it was pretty easy only have 4 incisions and had alot of gas but like every one says gasx works wonders my bmi was only 37.9 i was 226 pounds 5'5 but i have alot of health problems due to my weight so far i am down 10 pounds good luck best thing i've every done

I was banded the 19th, stayed overnight. The first day home I was pretty wiped out so I slept most of the day, but since then Ive felt pretty good. Havent even used the pain med they gave me. Did have headaches for 2 days but I think that was caffeine withdrawal. I have 4 small incisions and 1 big one (about 3 inches) Half of my abdomen is swollen like a grapefruit and black and blue. Is this where the port was placed? its pretty sore but manageable. I only had to do Clear Liquids for 2 days and now Im on full liquids till Aug 1st. Im suppose to only have 3 meals a day + 3 Protein Shakes between the meals. Been pretty easy. I havent felt hungry but nor do I get the full feeling. After I eat I do burp alot??? I gained after surgery 2 lbs but chalk that up to IV fluids, today Im down 4lbs.

Is everyone else swollen like I was? I havent heard anyone mention that.

My surgery is tomorrow, going to the hospital today at 1:00 for pre-op stuff then to doctor for more stuff. I'm getting so excited but so scared I'm getting an upset stomach. Do they have you do an enima the night before, I don't want to have an accident when I am out on the table.

The night before is a time of great anticipation. Truly a new life is near. I didn't do anything special in preparation physically. I did get all my paperwork together, made sure I had my id, some cash etc in a little pile with my pillow for the ride home. DON'T FORGET THE PILLOW. It was a great comfort.

Don't worry about an "accident" during surgery, the nurses will take care of you.

Congratulations, you have made a great decision for yourself and your future. Let us know how it goes.

I was banded one week ago today, and so far, so GOOD! The first 24 hours were undoubtedly the worst, as I was uncomfortable in the hospital bed and was pumped so full of IV fluids that I was peeing every 2 hours (requiring nurse assistance through the night). Couldn't wait to go home, which I did the next day.

Gas: the gas pains kicked in a day after surgery, settled in my shoulders and neck for a couple of days, but are gone now. Gas-X did help.

Pain: I only took the Roxicet 3 or 4 times, but the incision pain wasn't bad at all, only the large port incision. The worst pain I had to deal with was my caffeine-withdrawal headaches, which were almost Migraine level with nausea. I called the doctor and they cleared me to take Excedrin or have one cup of coffee a day, which took care of that.

Energy: Back to almost normal level, one week later. I've been walking the dog daily, building up to longer walks. It's really helped and I haven't needed to nap like I always did pre-surgery. I'm an afternoon napper from way back!

Diet: All docs seem to be different, but I just finished one week of Protein Shakes, broth and Jello. Today I move up to cream Soups and yogurt. I had my first taste of Tomato Soup today at lunch and it was sublime. Seriously!

Hunger: Not hungry at all for the first 3 days, then it came back with a vengeance. I just kept drinking Water and having a SF popsicle if I was really suffering. No way I'm eating and wrecking this healing process.

GOOD LUCK to all new bandsters, and welcome to the club!!:biggrin:

weight.png

Today is one week since my band was placed!!! I didnt have any bruising at all where my incisions were I was just swollen. The swelling has finally all gone away by today actually! Gas has gone away also. Im starting to feel hungry for the first time and am keepin on with my liquids for now! Today was the first day I can say ive felt my port, I cant really explain the feeling I just feel something is there when I sit and get up. It's still sore but nothing crazy. I'm down 16 pounds! Goodluck to everyone that is getting banded the rest of this month you will do just fine!!!! :biggrin:

I did it 7/21. All went well no pain just very tired sleeping all day.