Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting banded on 16 JUN...that's in 2 days....I am so nervous, scared and excited wrapped in one!!!:(

Surgery is seven days away. Im really starting to get nervous. I meet with my doctor tomorrow. I have been on liquid diet for three weeks. I was just wondering about the gas pain people keep talking about? Im also worried will I be able to return to work the Thrusday after surgery. When you say pain, do you feel like you have done too many sit-ups. Just wondering. I cant wait for this to be over with. I definitely want to be on the "other side" of this. But hey what better father's day gift can I give to myself, but the gift of freedom from obdesity.

Congradulations I'm the day after you the 17th...I have all those same feelings. I'm just a little concerned because I haven't followed the liquid diet perfectly. For sure the next three days I will..just hope it's not too late and they don't do it. Just letting anxiety get to me...taking deep breaths!!!

rpm2010:ohmy:

I am getting banded on 16 JUN...that's in 2 days....I am so nervous, scared and excited wrapped in one!!!:(

Hi Snoopy11,

I'm Wed too:ohmy:!!! Yikes it's almost here:thumbup:. Do you stay over night? Keep us informed. I'll say a prayer for you!!

Best of Luck,

CarolD

I am scheduled for surgery this Thursday 17th June 2010. Have been on liquid diet for 5 days now. Really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Have lost 15 pounds since starting liquid diet and have not cheated (not that I didnt want to).

my doc required low carb diet for few weeks b4 surgery...and ONLY 2 days of liquid diet which i started today! so far so good but tomorrow is gonna be tough! I just made a big batch of SF jello...hope it keeps me happy tomorrow.

I start my liquid diet June 22nd and my surgery is June 28th. I had an upper GI 3 days ago to make sure all my insides are okay. That was quicker and easyer than I had thought it would be.

Im nervious but so excited. I know that this will be the best life change I could make for myself and my family.:unsure:

I am aware the journey will be long and I'll have my ups and downs but am up for the challange and looking forward to the possitive rewards to come!!

I wish all of you June Bandsters the best Surgery ever. May it go quickly without flaw and may you heal well and happy!

weight.png

banded June 10th and finally starting to get back to normal with reduced swelling etc. Dont worry. Did the preop liquid diet for 3 weeks and didnt cheat. feel pretty darn good, dont worry and do what you need to get it done - you will be glad that you did

now, for the rest of my life...

banded June 10th and finally starting to get back to normal with reduced swelling etc. Dont worry. Did the preop liquid diet for 3 weeks and didnt cheat. feel pretty darn good, dont worry and do what you need to get it done - you will be glad that you did

now, for the rest of my life...

Thank you for the ''pep'' talk!

I look forward to that feeling of accomplishment.

Congradulations on your Banding!

Glad to hear you are doing so well so soon!!

~Anny

hey all! well today is my surgery day. i have to be down at the cleveland clinic (in cleveland, ohio obviously) at 9am. im sooo nervous. its not even really about the band its more about the anesthesia. i think i watch to many medical shows and am just worried im not going to make it. other then being obese i have no other medical problems and im only 25 years old so the doc thinks ill do great, but i also have a husband and a 3 year old son that i cant imagine not being here for so im scared. my preop stuff was different then what ive read on here. i had a 2 week liq diet then the last 2 days no Protein Drinks, only sf Jello (no reds), broth, Water, Decaf tea and thats it. and i had to do a bowel prep which sucked big time. but i am cleaned out and thirsty since i cant have anything to drink since midnight. well i have to get going. keep all of us june 15th-ers in your prayers today! the next time im on here ILL BE BANDED!!!! :unsure:

you are gonna do fine!!! The worst part is the gas after wards and some people never get it!!! The sorest part of my belly is where the port is...but not bad at all!!!! Blessings to you!!!

I'm getting banded on June 29th by Dr. Ernest Rehnke in St. Pete, FL. On my second day of the Optifast, all labwork, chest xrays, EKG and medical clearance done. Just counting down the days and absorbing as much information as I can!:devil_smile:

My surgery date is June 29. I am getting a little nervous, but, I am also excited. I am ready to feel better.

Banded June 10th. Going good so far!

Hello June Bansters,

Just got banded today !!;) yay finally. Wasnt to bad. Came home and slept for like 2 hrs I didnt realize I was that tired lol. The incisions dont hurt to bad. I have been up and walking staying on Clear Liquids tonight then will see what my nurse says tomorrow i received conflicting directions for my post op diet so i will get clarification then. All those who are next good luck you will all be fine :lol: :devil_smile: Here's to my new life!!;)