Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting back on track?

Lora sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my FIL this past November, and fell back on some of my old eating habits. I haven't even been banded a whole year yet. Its been hard getting back on the wagon. I got down to a comfortable weight, so the motivation isn't there as much as it was when I was almost 300 lbs. It's not easy getting back on, but it sounds like your on the right track. Everyday I try just a little harder to stay on track. I try to remind myself that I am worth it, and in the end I will be happier and healthier. It's not easy though, if it was easy I wouldn't have the band. Good luck with everything, and I hope it gets easier for you.

hiya, iam new to this forum and have just put a similar plea to others, im not sure if i have failed yet but am def on the way, had band 18 months and have lost over 4st, i am beginning to eat rubbish and trick myself into the "im buying these biscuits,chocolate,etc" for others but its the same old devil on my shoulder that caused me to get in the pre-band state, i am trying to motivate myself, good luck with your fill and remember your band is a fab tool, i almost lost sight of my dream,hope all goes well, please keep in touch, take care, sue.

I've had a good couple of days here lately. Getting focused on what I am eating has helped greatly. Also, reading and posting here seems to help keep me focused.

I think I'm getting back on track somewhat. I really need to get the exercise routine going again but right now, one step at a time.

I hope you guys have had a good day.

China and Lora, I'm going to find you guys on FB here in a bit.

Would you all mind if I got on the wagon with you. I was doing wonderful and then in February my band had to be deflated due to slippage. I have 5 cc back in it now but am eating the wrong foods and the scale is going the wrong way. Right now, I pretty much hate myself. I am seriously considering purchasing an Ab circle to see if that will help.

Hi everyone, I just jumped back on the band wagon 3 weeks ago after my 5th fill. I decided to get in a little more exercise by dancing to arobics and have lost 8 lbs since. I had been at a stand still for 4 months. I was banded 8-04-09 and had only lost 30 lbs..Im feeling good again and want to continue losing for my health. I wish us all well

What I do when I feel like I've lost motivation is start Jenny Craig. Having to weigh in every week is more motivation than a date with my surgeon that is two months away. Plus, get a fill if you haven't gone in a long time--that will force you to eat more carefully, if only for a few weeks.

ok i have been working out and doing the ww thang and i feel great. feel like what i have more energy and thats a plus. well today i got on the scale at my moms and it said i was down 4lbs i dont think its right but, i sure would be nice if it was. but, we shall see on tuesday if it is.

Joy Joy- I hate exercise. I know I need to do it, but my hips hurt so bad... I have a treadmill, my husband uses it every day. I am trying to get the inspiration to get on it, but I have never liked exercise. Help! What kind of exercise do you do? LB

Freebird and Blackonyx- I'd love you all to join us- everyone is welcome and hopefully together we will get on track and stay on track. Keep everyone posted on your success and non-success. We have to get real to get thin! LB

Thank you Lora. I have ordered an Ab Circle Mini. I work in a warehouse and the weather has not been the greatest here in Wyoming so I have been walking around the warehouse for exercise. Sounds corny, but if it works that is all that matters.

hi everyone i still on board and happy to report when i got on the scale tuesday i was down 8lbs. it was so funny i asked the lady at ww are you sure she said yes im sure. i must tell everyone it felt great to get that sticker. now its a new month and i plan on really getting in 2 the gym this month. i have been swimming on and off but, gotta step it up and do more and i set a mini goal for may of 12lbs. so i will see how that goes. what is everyone else up to these days. and i purchased a pedometer to keep track of how many calories and steps im doing and i like it. and to freebird doesn't matter what you do for excerise as long as your moving good job keep up the good work.

Edited by china

China, congratulations on the weight loss. I have done weight watchers in the past and had success, I think I will go back on this Saturday to start it again. So what are you eating. I have been so confused...any ideas are welcomed.

i eat alot of veggies and just got into eating greek yogurt. i do some meat but, not very much. and just getting into eggs and cheese. i eat what ever as long as its with in my points. but, i did notice if i eat junk food i eat more of my points and if i eat Protein and veggies i dont even eat half of my points. so on that not i have been working on eating healthier. if it helps you under the food part on here we have a ww group stop by and see if you like the group. we do post what we eat and how many points you did. but, if not i will post it here for you also. funny i really like ww i did go many years ago when there was no points. and i must admit i really enjoy it now. feel like im making better food choices. hope you do start back on ww. let me know. and best of luck to you. i did walk the park today and wow if feel great.

China, congratulations on the weight loss. I have done weight watchers in the past and had success, I think I will go back on this Saturday to start it again. So what are you eating. I have been so confused...any ideas are welcomed.

My Ab Circle Mini is due to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!! I hope this is what I need to get my "arse" in gear. The weather in Wyoming is STILL not being cooperative enough to ride my bike to work, but when it does, watch out.

did you get your ab circle and did you try it how was it.

My Ab Circle Mini is due to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!! I hope this is what I need to get my "arse" in gear. The weather in Wyoming is STILL not being cooperative enough to ride my bike to work, but when it does, watch out.