Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

I will be banded May 25!!! No pre op diet required. EDG on May 5 and Bloodwork on May 19!!! Can't wait for my new life to start!!

i heard you cant have coffee after the surgery...any truth to this ?? :smile:

I'm not allowed coffee until I'm back on solid foods, but I'm sure each Dr. has their own guidelines.

from south jersey and and tentative date is may 18, my surgeon is dr. balsama...would like to keep in contact with anyone from this area or has the same surgeon...(dr. neff is another surgeon from this area) or if you already had the band done...thank you:tt1:

I will be banded May 25!!! No pre op diet required. EDG on May 5 and Bloodwork on May 19!!! Can't wait for my new life to start!!

wow, thats great you dont have no pre-op diet....why do you think your surgeon does it that way? i go to my surgeon may 5 to sign papers and set up blood work, my tentative date is may 18....good luck to you

I'm also a May 13th Bandster. I am really worried about everything, not sure I'm doing it right (smoking, eating, dieting). Worried that I will have regrets after, but I'm still going through with it. SW 222

I have a lot of computer skills, but for some reason I can't figure out how to get a ticker clock? Any help? I wonder what I'm doing wrong?? Thanks!!

It depends on your doctor and I bet it matters what your BMI is. My BMI is 38, and I'm not required to do a liquid diet. I can eat up until the night before, but I'm suppose to be watching my fat intake and drinking lots of Water. Should ask your doctor!!

I have a lot of computer skills, but for some reason I can't figure out how to get a ticker clock? Any help? I wonder what I'm doing wrong?? Thanks!!

Ticker tutorial:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

I am on Day #2 of my pre-op, clear liquid, diet. This liquid stuff really sucks. I am only taking in about 400-500 calories a day becuase I absolutely cannot stand the Protein Shakes. The only thing that is getting me through it is my family. They are awesome cheerleaders!!I noticed that many of you have a 2 week pre-op diet to follow where I only have to go one week. My surgery is scheduled for May 6th. Yeah!! I really wonder how effective a liquid diet is in shrinking the liver as I have heard of so many different pre-op diet plans that all intend to do the same thing.

I am on Day #2 of my pre-op, clear liquid, diet. This liquid stuff really sucks. I am only taking in about 400-500 calories a day becuase I absolutely cannot stand the Protein Shakes. The only thing that is getting me through it is my family. They are awesome cheerleaders!!I noticed that many of you have a 2 week pre-op diet to follow where I only have to go one week. My surgery is scheduled for May 6th. Yeah!! I really wonder how effective a liquid diet is in shrinking the liver as I have heard of so many different pre-op diet plans that all intend to do the same thing.

I would imagine everyone is different and not just the doctors. Maybe people with higher BMIs have to do a special diet for longer, or the diet is switched around depending on current medical conditions.

My starting BMI was 45 and I was a high protein/ low carb since my blood work and today I started my 2 week liquid diet. I drink 3 servings of Protein Drinks (I like Isopure ready to drink but it can get pricey!) 2 servings of fruit (which is either an apple, pear, or orange) and then a salad with Tomato, cucumber and 6-8oz. of lean Protein.

It's tough, I just want to eat so I really look forward to that salad with Ken's Lite Northern Italian dressing. 5g of fat and only 1g carb per serving. It makes my salad seem a little more substantial.

Surgery is in two weeks! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Good luck to you!

Hi everyone. I received my insurance acceptance today and am VERY excited!!! Monday the doc office said they would call me back to make all of the appointments but it looks like I will be on May 13th!!! I am scared, nervous, excited!! But I am glad to be on this board and share it with someone. I have only told 3 people. I dont think my work or some friends would be supportive and I just dont want to got threw it. So I am excited to be on this board!! :thumbup:

Hi everyone. I received my insurance acceptance today and am VERY excited!!! Monday the doc office said they would call me back to make all of the appointments but it looks like I will be on May 13th!!! I am scared, nervous, excited!! But I am glad to be on this board and share it with someone. I have only told 3 people. I dont think my work or some friends would be supportive and I just dont want to got threw it. So I am excited to be on this board!! :thumbup:

I feel the same way. My husband and parents know and I told one friend whose mother is getting it. I only told her because she was a nervous wreck for her mother so I wanted to tell her more about the procedure.

Im getting mine done on the 14th. and started the pre-op liquid diet. At least I get to eat some food! I've been dropping weight like crazy!

I'm banding on May 13th, so tomorrow I'm starting a high Protein liquid diet (even though it's not required). But I was suppose to lose weight before the surgery and I havn't so I'm gonna do the liquid diet anyway so I'll have enough weight off. I bought the Jillian Michaels Protein Mix, hope it's good!! I also have to quit smoking, starting tomorrow. I was already suppose to have quit (doctors orders but I have been putting it off. Tomorrow, no more excused!!

How depressing is it to know that the 1st place you lose weight is the liver? I told a friend, great, now I have a sexy liver but no one can see it. :thumbup: I start my all Liquid Protein shake diet Wednesday. I know what you mean, some of the Protein shakes are nasty. GNC has one called lean shake. The chocolate is really good. I also got Wheybolic in chocolate and add a scoop of that to the lean shake to up the protein. Throw in a banana and blend with ice and it is good. My favorite is that same but instead of a banana, I add a teaspoon or two of Peanut Butter and ice and blend it. I tried the ones from the doctor and it was nasty. Hang in there you only a few more days until surgery.