Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start mushies on Thursday and it’s all I ever think about! I’m totally obsessed about my first meal, and all the meals after that. Is this unhealthy?

After two weeks of nothing but Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes I’m so hungry and it’s all I can think about. My obsession with food is what got me here in the first place and I’m trying to not obsess, but man… am I hungry!!

P.S. Anyone have some good suggestions for a good first meal??? I'm drooling thinking about it. :thumbup:

I'm right there with you. I can't wait for my first Mushie meal which will be a week from Thursday. I'm so hungry it makes me ill. I'd like to have meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I wonder what the meatloaf will taste like put through the blender.

i think what ya'll are feeling is totally normal. i felt that way, too, before i started mushies. i was soooo ready.i made a list of all the things i could puree to make them mushy and had it ready to go. some things i've enjoyed pureed are:

soft meatballs with spaghetti sauce

baked chicken breasts with gravy

baked fish

whole grain hamburger helper (only put in a couple noodles so it was mostly meat with the sauce)

taco meat

grilled chicken breasts in wine sauce

scrambled eggs

mashed potatoes

I ate yogurt and cottage cheese and Protein Shakes on the mushy stage. I absolutely refused to puree my food or eat baby food.

I'm not keen on pureed food either, but I'm looking forward to chicken salad. I think that could be appetizing. I also bought deviled ham. I'm going to try it for lunch. I'm three days early, but I can't take liquids anymore.

Thanks for the list of suggestions, sounds yummy! As far as eating pureed foods; I have no problem with that, but the thought of eating only cottage cheese for two weeks is something I absolutely refuse to do. Yuk! :)

I was a little worried about being able to eat mushy foods, but honest to goodness, they tasted so good I could have cared less! I put mine in a Magic Bullet type blender and pretty much ate whatever I made for my husband. It was heaven!

I was a little worried about being able to eat mushy foods, but honest to goodness, they tasted so good I could have cared less! I put mine in a Magic Bullet type blender and pretty much ate whatever I made for my husband. It was heaven!

yep. the pureed food wasn't bad at all. they taste pretty much exactly the same as in their solid form only they are mushy. they are good and i have been so glad i've been able to have a variety of tastes again! pureeing is worth at least giving it one or two tries! i put mine in a black and decker mini food processor that i bought at Walmart for$7!!! works like a charm!:)

I finally get to have mushies a week from Thursday. As odd as it may sound, I am craving scrambled eggies! I don't think I have ever wanted Breakfast so badly in my entire life :)

I TOTALLY get it! A couple of days before I got into mushies, I obsessed about food. I would get up in the middle of the night and look up recipes on the internet, and would watch food Network endlessly. Finally, I had to have a talk with myself, as I was getting a little crazy.

My first mushy food was scrambled eggs, soft, with ketchup. It was heaven. I also loved egg salad and really smashed up tuna salad. I swear, food never had tasted so good!

I TOTALLY get it! A couple of days before I got into mushies, I obsessed about food. I would get up in the middle of the night and look up recipes on the internet, and would watch Food Network endlessly. Finally, I had to have a talk with myself, as I was getting a little crazy.

My first mushy food was scrambled eggs, soft, with ketchup. It was heaven. I also loved egg salad and really smashed up tuna salad. I swear, food never had tasted so good!

Yes, I've been watching the food network too! At least now I know I'm not alone LOL!!

Boy I couldn't wait for mushies! Scrambled eggs, mashed potatos, tuna salad, chicken salad, cheerios soaked in skim milk. It was heavenly!

I just started soft foods a week ago. Just wait until you wrap your lips around a small hamburger patty!

Real food is on the way folks -- just hang on, it goes really fast.

I, am looking forward to mushies...but I'm scared as well. During all of this, the pre op diet and now liquids, the weight is really falling off and I want that to continue. I am so scared that when I CAN eat mushies and solid foods that it will all just come back....I guess sometimes i still have the mindset that "this" will not work for me....

Was anyone else scared of moving to mushies and then towards real food? ??? I'm not even sure what mushies are going to be ok for me as far as carb and fat content...I see the DR on Tuesday of next week for my first post op visit. I guess I will ask her and the dietitian what is ok for me....I'm just nervous.....

Meg

I had my postop check on Wednesday, which was day 15 for me, and I was supposed to start mushies that day. Turned out I got a fill that day instead, so I still had to wait 48-72 hours before I could have mushies. I told my surgeon, I had been REALLY looking forward to mushies! I'm not really hungry, I just want to CHEW something. I have visions of gnawing on a T-bone steak (I never steak like that, lol).

If you're truly hungry, wonder if you should have a fill? I told my surgeon I wasn't really hungry, but I kept reading about "sipping on Clear Liquids, 'try' to get down 8 oz. in an hour or so" - and I could turn up a Slim-Fast and drink it, follow it with another drink. He said since I was apparently feeling no restriction at all, I should probably get my fill a bit earlier.

Okay, so here's a question: I got my fill Wednesday, and I can still drink as much as I want. Is that common with liquids? Will I feel different with mushies? And a confession: I actually made a bowl of Tomato Soup tonight and I could have eaten the entire bowl at one sitting with no hesitation at all. I didn't, because I wasn't hungry, but it was going down, no problem... then I drank a glass of juice. So I'm befuddled!!