Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have surgery on Jan26 2010? If so how much have you lost so far?

Hi all. I was banded on Jan 26,2010. I am 1mth post op. I start real food today. All together I have lost like 24lbs but this morning i weighed myself and saw that i gain a 1lb. Last week I only lost 2oz. Im starting to feel discouraged. Everyone kept saying that the weight would just fall off of me. UH YEA that hasn't bee the case at all. Im still counting calories, journaling and I'm hungry. I exercise 2-3 times a week. (I have a 1yr old so its so hard but i try and get it in) I'm also a diabetic. My sugars were great and then today I woke up with fasting sugar of 130??? I don't get it. Today I'm having one of those days where I'm asking myself. Why the hell did I do this for? Does it even work??? I guess I just needed to vent.

Hi I was banded on Feb. 8th 2010 and I have lost 28 pounds so far. I just started eating last Wednesday, some pureed food and I am nervous to get weighed. Even though I cannot eat much I am still nervous. I am sure you are fine. I was told the weight doesn't fall off as quickly with the band as it does with the bypass. You sound like you are doing fine to me. Keep up the good work and it was worth doing it. You will be much healthier for your one year old now! Good luck.

I was banded on Jan. 28 and I've only lost 13 lbs. Before my surgery I was jogging 2 miles a day which I've been doing for years. I wasn't loosing any more weight because I've been doing it for so long and after surgery I was walking so I know that I need to increase my physical activity or exercise. The other problem with me is that while on Mushy food, I would eat fatning foods like mash potatoes and Beans. I know my body and I know my body does not like that food. I just got my first fill on Thursday and today I started my diet measuring all the food I'm eating. I have noticed however that I have lost probably more inches than weight.

I think its very important for you to know your body so that you can help it. Now that its been a month, I can start jogging. I will increase to 3 miles than 4 miles.

I've always lost weight very slow, tha'ts always been my problem and that's one of the reasons why I got the lap band because after a while I would just give up. Good luck and keep me posted. You are doing great!

I was banded on 1/26 and I lost about 20 pounds since the surgery. The last couple weeks I have plateaued, then have gained 2 pounds. I was warned that this would most likely happen in the time between my surgery healing and my first fill. I am told it completely normal and that I should start losing again once I have my first fill.

I was banded on 1/27 and have lost between 23-25 lbs. My doc said the fluctuation is likely due to retaining water.I plateaued for about 10 days, thn lost about 2 pounds. I go for my first fill next Tuesday. Does anyone feel they still have restriction without anything in the band? I'm able to eat a lot of foods but not nearly as much as in the past.I have gotten stuck a few times, but for the most part can eat most things.For those of you that have gottne a fill, how do you feel afterwards? Is it like the first few days after surgery?

I'm still happy with my decision to get the band and I'm tryingto be as patient as possible with the losses. My doc said he doesn't expect any losses during the first 6 weeks so I guess I'm doing well. For the first time in many many years, I'm not too embarassed and stressed to go to the dr to get weighed! Good luck to all! Happy losing, Loryn

I was banded on 1/27 and have lost between 23-25 lbs. My doc said the fluctuation is likely due to retaining Water.I plateaued for about 10 days, thn lost about 2 pounds. I go for my first fill next Tuesday. Does anyone feel they still have restriction without anything in the band? I'm able to eat a lot of foods but not nearly as much as in the past.I have gotten stuck a few times, but for the most part can eat most things.For those of you that have gottne a fill, how do you feel afterwards? Is it like the first few days after surgery?

I'm still happy with my decision to get the band and I'm tryingto be as patient as possible with the losses. My doc said he doesn't expect any losses during the first 6 weeks so I guess I'm doing well. For the first time in many many years, I'm not too embarassed and stressed to go to the dr to get weighed! Good luck to all! Happy losing, Loryn

I was banded 1/27/10. Down 16lbs. I lost about 25lbs in the first two weeks from liquids but when you reintroduce solids you tend to gain back some of that and than relose it. I went for my month appointment today and I have nothing in my band and didn't get a fill because I still have restriction. (As i type this I am trying to pass down some tuna without seeing it again. ugh.)

good luck!

I was banded 1/4/10, and have lost 30 lbs so far (10 weeks out). I was hoping for more by this time, but that's what I've got. I haven't lost a pound in the last two weeks, kind of a bummer. Hoping the scale will drop a few for me soon!!

I'm glad to see other people banded around the same time as me. I was starting to worry I was the only one!!

I had surgery on 1/25 and I have lost 33 lbs. since the day of surgery. My doctor had me do a full liquid diet until 3/5! Didn't think I was going to make it. I got my first fill on 3/9. I didn't have a lot of time to eat much before I got my fill. I gained maybe a pound but lost it and more quickly. I definitely have restriction right now.

I was banded 1/28 and have lost 22lbs. It is normal toi plateau b4 your first fill, it is up to you to do what's right,the band isn't working yet. I had surgery and they put 2cc's in and had by 1st fill 3/10. I don't feel like I have much restriction yet. I've heard that it takes 3-4 fills b4 it really gets started. Keep up the hard work everyone!!

I was banded 1/28 and have lost 25 lbs so far. 6 of those lbs were from my 2-wk pre-op diet. It is a little frustrating because I think I should be losing more. I do believe I am losing inches because my clothes are getting pretty loose :cursing:

Good luck to everyone!

I was with you on Jan 26th. I have only lost 16 pounds, but I just left the Dr's office and had my first fill today! A little nervous and excited for the change. i would love to hear about your progress if you want to keep in touch.

Fyremt@gmail.com

Everyone, look on the bright side!

Has anyone been able to lose 20-30 pounds without the lap band? I haven't been able. Your weight loss will get better when you get better restriction!

I was banded on 1/25 and am down 25 since that day. I seem to lose about 1.2 a week and though I'd love to drop 10 a month, I'm satisfied with 1/week. I admit, I havent' started exercising yet. I was filled to 5cc in a standard band the day of surgery and never felt any restrictions or fullness. I had 1cc put in 2 days ago and though I have no problem with my salad/fish/yogurt/veggies, I do feel some restrictions. I have figured out that Water is so key in this battle. I try to remind myself that it took years to put on and so a year to get off the 88 pounds is very reasonable. 1 day at a time, 1 bite at a time, trying to remember..it's only food. I am in control, not it!