Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2010 Mile Challenge

I have Spring Fever! The weather is nicer. I finally have restriction 9 months after surgery and I am ready to put my exercise into turbo mode.

I have several motivations to lose right now. I joined a Biggest Loser pot at work which ends on 4/30/10 and my family and I are going on a cruise this summer. I want to look and feel good on vacation this year.

I needed a change of pace with my exercises. I purchased the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk dvd. I will alternate between that and my stationary bike this month.

My goal is 40 miles.

Good luck to all who join this challenge!

I am in, too put me down for 60 miles in March. I did more than that in Dec but have had problems with health and weather. Gotta do this. Am also in a "Live Healthy Nebraska" group at work. We track activities and weight loss- My mileage is about average but lately I'm losing weight.:biggrin:

I just read about your fill nightmares--how horrible! Please go back and complain AND get your money back! I'm glad for you that you've finally been able to figure out why you weren't feeling any restriction. Who would have ever thought?!

On a "silver lining" note though, if you hadn't been frustrated about not losing any weight, you might not have started this thread/challenge; I know for me personally--especially in the early months just after my banding--this thread/challenge was what kept me exercising! I might not have met my goal every month, but I've truly enjoyed trying.

So, here's to brighter days ahead! :biggrin:

Willowcat

I just read about your fill nightmares--how horrible! Please go back and complain AND get your money back! I'm glad for you that you've finally been able to figure out why you weren't feeling any restriction. Who would have ever thought?!

On a "silver lining" note though, if you hadn't been frustrated about not losing any weight, you might not have started this thread/challenge; I know for me personally--especially in the early months just after my banding--this thread/challenge was what kept me exercising! I might not have met my goal every month, but I've truly enjoyed trying.

So, here's to brighter days ahead! :w00t:

Willowcat

Willow, I have been so out of pocket lately. I just noticed how much weight you have lost. Congratulations! That is truly awesome.

Thanks for the kind words. I have enjoyed the challenge. I more so have enjoyed pedaling to good health with you. You have been my inspiration since the start. What is it like to have lost so much weight? Have your students noticed?

I think I will join in the March challenge. Put me down for 60...woot..woot. I did it once before and it was really a motivator to log in your miles. I am at a plataeu and have been for some time. Running seems to work better for me so here we go again....you guys are great!:thumbup:

I think I will join in the March challenge. Put me down for 60...woot..woot. I did it once before and it was really a motivator to log in your miles. I am at a plataeu and have been for some time. Running seems to work better for me so here we go again....you guys are great!:thumbup:

Welcome back Sparkles!

Thanks Laura!

Willow, I have been so out of pocket lately. I just noticed how much weight you have lost. Congratulations! That is truly awesome.

Thanks for the kind words. I have enjoyed the challenge. I more so have enjoyed pedaling to good health with you. You have been my inspiration since the start. What is it like to have lost so much weight? Have your students noticed?

2911, Thank you for the kind words and the congrats on my weightloss so far--it's so much easier to move around in a body that's 87lbs lighter--but of course!

I'm ever thankful for my doctor's persistance in bringing up weightloss surgery to me. Tomorrow I have my annual "glad-I'm-a-gal" appointment and it will be the first time I've seen my doctor since having the lapband. I can't wait to say "thank you!!"

No, my student's haven't noticed my weightloss--second graders are funny that way. But definitely parents and staff member have noticed--how could you not?!

I'm 13lbs away from having lost 100lbs--that doesn't even seem possible. Still, I have 50 more lbs on top of that to lose. Plastic surgery seems more and more as if it will be inevitable--but will cross that bridge when I get to it.

January and February were not great exercising months for me. I don't think I even made half of my goal in February. Still, I did lose weight (that's nice to know--that the weight will still come off). But just this week, I've realized that I miss exercising regularly. I'm on this journey to become healthy--not just thin--and I want a strong heart, strong lungs, and strong muscles.

I'm really working on letting go of my perfectionism ("If I can't exercise for a full 30 minutes, then why bother?"). My thinking this school year has been that I can't afford to exercise and work--now I'm thinking that I can't afford to not exercise and work! I can't keep waiting for summer to live my life--I give my job way too much of me (though, I absolutely love my job--that's probably why I give it so much of me).

I'm recommitting myself to this month's mile challenge and to a healthy, stronger me--Ready, Set, GO!

Glad we're on this journey together. Keep us posted on how things are going for you now that you finally are getting restriction like you're supposed to! :smile2:

I'm back and at about 16 miles , with 44 to go. I may finally finish this !!

How do i join the miles challenge

How do i join the miles challenge

Hi Cassie. The only thing you have to do for this challenge is log your miles walked, ran or pedaled. We set a monthly goal and set out to reach it. Log your miles in every week to keep yourself motivated.

Welcome aboard!

Week 1:

10 miles

30 to go

2911, Thank you for the kind words and the congrats on my weightloss so far--it's so much easier to move around in a body that's 87lbs lighter--but of course!

I'm ever thankful for my doctor's persistance in bringing up weightloss surgery to me. Tomorrow I have my annual "glad-I'm-a-gal" appointment and it will be the first time I've seen my doctor since having the LAP-BAND®. I can't wait to say "thank you!!"

No, my student's haven't noticed my weightloss--second graders are funny that way. But definitely parents and staff member have noticed--how could you not?!

I'm 13lbs away from having lost 100lbs--that doesn't even seem possible. Still, I have 50 more lbs on top of that to lose. Plastic surgery seems more and more as if it will be inevitable--but will cross that bridge when I get to it.

January and February were not great exercising months for me. I don't think I even made half of my goal in February. Still, I did lose weight (that's nice to know--that the weight will still come off). But just this week, I've realized that I miss exercising regularly. I'm on this journey to become healthy--not just thin--and I want a strong heart, strong lungs, and strong muscles.

I'm really working on letting go of my perfectionism ("If I can't exercise for a full 30 minutes, then why bother?"). My thinking this school year has been that I can't afford to exercise and work--now I'm thinking that I can't afford to not exercise and work! I can't keep waiting for summer to live my life--I give my job way too much of me (though, I absolutely love my job--that's probably why I give it so much of me).

I'm recommitting myself to this month's mile challenge and to a healthy, stronger me--Ready, Set, GO!

Glad we're on this journey together. Keep us posted on how things are going for you now that you finally are getting restriction like you're supposed to! :wink2:

What does everyone eat in a typical day? I have a shake for Breakfast, chili or chicken salad for lunch and Protein and veggies for dinner. I am not losing as much as I thought I would now that I have restriction. It has been hard getting my Water in. I'm wondering if that is why the weight loss is so slow. Willow how long have you had restriction and is your weight loss from restriction or willpower and exercise?

What does everyone eat in a typical day? I have a shake for Breakfast, chili or chicken salad for lunch and Protein and veggies for dinner. I am not losing as much as I thought I would now that I have restriction. It has been hard getting my Water in. I'm wondering if that is why the weight loss is so slow. Willow how long have you had restriction and is your weight loss from restriction or willpower and exercise?

I eat all sorts of things--depends on the day and how I'm feeling (and what's in the house!) I really do try to get as much Protein in as I can. I follow the advice of my nutritionist more often than not--low fat and low carbohydrates when it comes to processed foods--I always read the labels. I very rarely have refined sugars, but if I do, it's not very much. I try to have variety in my diet (per my nutritionist's advice); I'm working on getting in more fruit and veggies. This summer I was able to get in my 64 oz of Water everyday, but have only managed 1/2 of that during the school year (sometimes I'll "force feed" myself the water in my water bottle on the drive home--just to be able to say that I've drank at least 32oz that day). I've had decent restriction ("green zone") since my third fill (beginning of August). My fills were never more than .5cc--because I didn't want to get too tight and start eating slider foods--besides, I think the body needs a sufficient amount of calories each day to keep from going into starvation mode and slowing down it's metabolism . I suspect that my weightloss has been from a combination of all three: restriction, willpower, exercise--I also had a lot of weight to lose. I'm prepared for the possibility that the weight loss will slow down (which for my skin might not be such a bad thing--give it some time to pull in a bit) the closer I get to my goal.