Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Arrrgggh! I'm at a professional conference at a talk on childhood obesity and every time she says 'lose weight' she put 'loose weight' in the power point. I must go jab my eyes out now.

ROFLMAO. You'd think at that level they'd have a proofreader.

Elfie maybe it is the high Protein diet? Maybe it doesn't suit you. Not everybody responds to every diet the same way.Are you doing low fat as well - if not maybe the calories are higher than you think - or maybe you are still eating too many carbs for a high protein diet. Don't know what else to suggest.

No hidden calories...at least since Friday when I was back from vacation and cooking my own food (versus eating out). I put every single thing into Fitday.com. I'm fluctuating between 1200-1250 calories a day and carbs are averaging around 40-65. Since Friday my days have been pretty much the same. 1 egg cooked in 1 tsp butter with 1/2 slice of oat bran bread for Breakfast. lunch and dinner are 3-4 oz of fish or chicken, 1 cup steamed vegies (broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans) or salad and 1/4 cup rice or potatoes. If I feel the need, I'll drink a low carb/low cal Protein Shake made with almond milk mid-meal.

At least before when I was maintaining and not losing, I accepted it because I knew my bad days were probably balancing out the good days...but now I'm doing everything right and I'm *gaining*. :smile2:

Arrrgggh! I'm at a professional conference at a talk on childhood obesity and every time she says 'lose weight' she put 'loose weight' in the power point. I must go jab my eyes out now.

I would not be able to contain myself. I would embarrass myself and the presenter.

Once is a typo, more than that is idiocy!

Not having a good morning. Another headache and I gained *another* 2 lbs. WTH??!! I'm eating 1200 calories a day, logging everything I stick in my mouth (including sugar free breath mints) into Fitday.com, walking at a brisk pace for 1 hr each day and I'm gaining weight????? Argggghhh!

Melody,

Work with a dietitian if you have one handy.

It could be just regular fluctuations or you just need to tune your eating differently.

I don't count calories per se but I keep a strict eye on how much saturated fat and sodium I ingest. With others it is carbohydrate; sugars or all out calories.

Just keep your head up and don't let it get to you.

OMG! Did you see Christie's and Betsy's new Avatar pics?! You two are just getting too darn cute for your own good! :smile2:

They look great. I am waiting until after my panni to post a G-string pic. :tt2:

They look great. I am waiting until after my panni to post a G-string pic. :frown:

Are we waiting for the incisions to heal or do we get to see "Frankenstein" in a G-String :tt2:?

Ok..I have told my husband he HAS to lock away the scale from me for the next 5 weeks. In 1 week I gained 2lbs, which I know is not the end of the world, but I am STARVING and trying so hard to be good with my food choices and exercising like a maniac, amd gained 2lbs. I really think I ate worse (just less) when my band was full and I know I exercised less. Go figure. I am in the 170's and don't want to see the 180's again. I left myself an 8lb cushion that I wouldn't get mad if I gained and I've found 2 of it already :crying:. I miss you my band...& I promise I will (try to) not ever complain about you again if you co-operate and let them refill you in Nov. One thing though...I never really noticed until now that all this time when my band was more full that I couldn't really burp (just small little baby not satisfying burps). Now I am back to burping like a champ :smile2:. My husband was even shocked by a few lol.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, along with incorrect pronunciation! I would not have been able to contain myself.

Shammah-glad you had a great time!

I don't count calories per se but I keep a strict eye on how much saturated fat and sodium I ingest. With others it is carbohydrate; sugars or all out calories.

Thanks, Bob. With me, it's always been carbs but I've been keeping them low at 40-65 and I've lost on that in the past, just more slowly than I would've if I'd dropped them below 30. Plus, I'm eating the way I was back in the early part of the year when I was steadily losing. The only thing different now is that I'm walking every day...and that just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not giving up but it is frustrating. :smile2:

Oh...and Bob? Please...give warning before you post the g-string pic. There isn't a man alive that looks good in a g-string.

Edited by ElfiePoo

Today is going to be a rough one. My alarm went off and I started my morning ,,,, went to the bathroom, got in the shower...... I was really feeling VERY sick in the shower, so I turned the temp of the Water down a bit.

I started the dryer to fluff up some clothes I had put in last night then blow dried my hair. I was still feeling very sick. I took the clothes out of the dryer and as I was folding a few things I glanced at the clock on the bathroom counter. It said 1:30. The thing must need batteries. Then I glanced at a clock on the wall. It said 1:30. OMG! It is 1:30am and I already took my shower, dried my hair and did laundry! Duh! That is why I feel so damn sick! My alarm clock was somehow set more than 3 hours ahead of time. I went back to bed, but of course had a hard time getting back to sleep. It's going to be a very long day. I guess I can't blame this one on the band.

HB...really...I'm laughing *with* you. :smile:

1.30am OMG!

Wasn't it darker than normal. Or quieter - no birds singing etc?

Are you jetlagged or something. I agree with Elfie - that is funny.

Are you sure it's not the band's fault? Maybe you didn't eat enough so you woke up hungry - or it caused reflux or something! LOL. I thought once you had a band that it was responsible for every problem thereafter(or at least if you read some threads then you would think it is)!

In my house I blame my husband for everything!

Just had a seriously weird moment whilst grocery shopping.

Some guy looked at the stuff in my trolley and asked if I was feeling hungry. I said no I have a teenage son so he replied that he was wondering how I managed to stay so slim!

Yes it may have been an NSV but it also felt a bit weird and creepy.

Well I did not get up and walk this morning. I overdid it yesterday and my ankles and sciatic were killing me. By the time my husband came home at 6 p.m. I was feeling suitably guilty at not walking so hauled him off for an evening walk in the rain. We did 3 miles (18 minute miles) and by the time we got home, it was dark but walking on a dark fall rainy night is heaven in my book.

Oh and I admit to being a grocery cart voyeur. I'm always looking in people's carts.

HB, that is too funny! I was awake from 3-5am. Fell back asleep 20 minutes before the alarm went off. Yippee...NOT!

When I was doing shift work, I showed up at 10pm for an overnight shift, only to find out that I had the morning shift the next morning instead, had to go home and come back at 6am! wah!

Not much new to report around here, except possible symptoms of the c.diff. coming back :smile: I am 4 weeks off the last round of antibiotics for my gum surgery. Here's hoping it was an isolated incident!

I made it through the day yesterday dragging my saggy butt through. I'm glad I had easy patients and a few open appointments. I went to bed a little early last night and joked with my husband about trying to avoid urges to get up in the middle of the night to shower and do laundry. I do not think there is a cure for some of my dim-wit moments and there is no warning before they happen. I think I have just learned to accept them and move on. It does help that I can laugh at myself.

It helped when my long time patients told me how great I'm looking. I've had some great NSV moments lately.

On Tuesday I ran into my old neighbor. He lived across the street from me for about 15 years before we built our new house and moved. I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't know who I was for a moment. We stood and talked for a bit. I could tell by the way he was looking at me that he was noticing I looked very different. I told him how much weight I've lost. He said, " OMG, I wasn't going to bring it up unless you did, but I didn't recognize you at first, then I knew who you were."

Yesterday I had a very dear long time older patient. I think she is in her late 70s. She told me the weightloss is very attractive on me. It is these little NSVs that really help my spirit stay boosted...... saggy skin and all.