Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Good morning/afternoon ladies & gents!

It's supposed to be another sticky day here so at 7 a.m. I shut down all the windows. It already feels noticeably cooler inside than outside.

I'm doing moderately well on my eating plan considering I have absolutely no restriction and 'could' eat as much or whatever I wanted...if I wanted...which I don't. It's just nice having a wider variety to choose from, paricularly with all the fruits and vegies coming to the local farm markets.

Still not exercising although my days are constant movement involving bending, lifting and stretching as I pack orders for customers and clean around the house.

Time for lunch, so have a good day everyone!

Bob-I think maybe you need to patent your "liquid" diet :cool2:. All weekend my diet mainly consisted of Niagra, strawberry, Apple, and Ice wine (along with very minimal food)....and the result....down 2.2lbs for the week! :blushing:

That's it, I'm going on Bob's diet too darn it!

I gained 2 pounds since last week and haven't a drop of alcohol all week. Maybe that's it. Gonna suck down a few Guinness right now and get rid of these extra pounds.

Melody, It sounds like you are feeling a little better about the band in general now? Remember that one of the nice things is that you can adjust your restriction. You can adjust your eating for a bit like it is and a small re-fill is always a option when you are ready.

After my little un-fill and re-fill I'm not as tight as I was. I passed my sweet spot for a bit. I have not dropped any real weight in awhile, but I hit the 100# mark.

Edited by Humming Bird

She added 0.7 today, so half of what he took out last month. Between the adding and subtracting I've forgotten exactly where I am but it's somewhere around 7.1 which puts me somewhere between my second and third fills way back in Feb/Mar. Oy. I'm on liquids through tomorrow so I'm still thinking the Bob diet is the way to go.

She added 0.7 today, so half of what he took out last month. Between the adding and subtracting I've forgotten exactly where I am but it's somewhere around 7.1 which puts me somewhere between my second and third fills way back in Feb/Mar. Oy. I'm on liquids through tomorrow so I'm still thinking the Bob diet is the way to go.

LMAO...can you just see your doc's face when you tell him what your liquids consisted of? "But doc...I *was* on liquids."

HB,

Yeah, I know I am not at my sweet spot, but as long as I don't gain any weight, I think I'm going to keep it here until I get back from Disney (we leave on Oct 2nd) since I know we'll have to eat out and I don't want to risk any stuck episodes. If I start gaining, I'll have to take the risk and get a slight fill.

So far, almost a week after my unfill, I'm actually down 3 pounds so here's hoping.

I had my laugh for the morning. I was sorting through some old magazines and found one from 2001 with a "Lose Weight With our Super Soup Diet". Ok, I had to look. The Soup is nothing more than Water, chicken bouillion, salt/pepper and a bunch of vegies like carrots, celery, napa cabbage, tomatoes, etc. Then you look at the diet. Breakfast is 1/2 cup of a whole grain Cereal with skim milk. lunch is a couple ounces of tuna (or chicken) in half a whole wheat pita pocket. dinner is 2 cups of this soup with a couple ounces of rotisserie chicken chopped up in it and another half of a whole wheat pita pocket. C'mon...their 'soup' has nothing to do with the weight loss. It's the serious restriction of calories, fats and carbs! Of course, you'll lose weight. Duh.

Go elfie, go elfie!!!

I'm curious to start solids and see where my restriction is at, when I'm on liquids I notice very little unless I'm super dooper tight (which I don't wanna be, ever, again). My docs office has changed their lapband diet so I'm now supposed to eat 4 meals a day (before they said no snacking, no snacking, 3 meals but no snacking ever...) So, hey, I'm supposed to eat more! Not sure how I'm going to work that with the work schedule but we'll see how it plays out.

Hey everybody. I am going to have to beg to differ on Bob's liquid diet. I have lost 2 pounds in 3 days because I stopped drinking wine. The 2 pounds before these took 21 and 25 days. I now have hope again that I can get to goal by my 1 year bandiversary in October.

Isn't it funny how we can be so stubborn? I tried everything else before I finally admitted to myself that the wine was the problem and then here is the kicker, it really wasn't that I wanted the alcohol. The night I stopped, I found myself wandering around the kitchen, so I ended up drinking half a G2 Gatorade (25 calories) that I buy for the boys and found that satisfied me just like the wine did. I was really just looking for a flavored drink not necessarily an alcoholic one. As the boys tell me, DUH.

Leigha, love your avatar. Looking good!!

OMDog, this last pound gone means I'm simply 'overweight!' -- Wahoo! I forgot to notice! Heh. I am sick with strep throat, and have been all muddied in my brain, but just did an iPhone app update, and one of my BMI apps needed updating, so I thought, ah, let's check my BMI at 158. Cool! I love my band! I am able to swallow the Z-pack pills also, which makes me glad because it didn't occur to me to get an alternative method of antibiotics. Grr, darn brain! It's all good, though! And one more pound to 50%! Have a great weekend, y'all! Hope everyone is in good spirits, with or without wine! :redface:

Way to go Sawyer!!! wootwoot!!

Elfie, so glad you are doing better.

Leigha, 2 pounds? Really? wow, so close to goal! Awesome. But I still like Bob's liquid diet. Your mistake was eating with the liquids. :smile2:

I had my upper GI on Thursday. I ave no idea of the results. The radiologist had never done one on a bandster before. He's done them on RNY patients, but I was his first band. So, I hope my surgeon knows what he is looking for! :party:

Niece's baby shower went well. Hotter than hades in Florida this time of year!

Thanks Melody!

Denise-- I knew I was screwing it up somewhere.

Sawyer-- WTG on overweight, normal here you come! LOVE your new pics!

Christie-- Are you back on solids now? How is Steve acting?

OK so I quit drinking wine on 07/26 and I have lost 3 pounds. It took 46 days to lose 2 pounds while drinking wine and 13 days to lose 3 without drinking wine. :party: Now I am pissed I didn't do it sooner.