Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Christie, thanks for the info!

When I saw my endocrinologist (I have thyroid issues) for the first time in a few years a while back, he was thrilled that the pre-diabetes hadn't progressed. I suppose I should be happy with that as well. But I'd much prefer to be non-diabetic!

Good news: I'm finally going to be banded on Tuesday and I'll be a full-fledged member of the club, not just a pledge any more.

Bad news: I wanted to drop 100 pounds before banding and it is looking like it will only be between 93 and 95 pounds.

No more people telling me that my advice is bad because I am not banded. Now they'll have to tell me that I don't know anything because I haven't had a fill yet.

Knowledge is a bad thing in some people's hands. I can't wait to be stuck; slime and BP. I am sick of hearing about it, I need to do it!

are you saying you are not yet banded?

are you saying you are not yet banded?

Check the date on that post, he wasn't then but he is now (and has been for several months). Full fledged, slimes, PBs and everything! It's a glamorous life.

((((ANNE)))) So good to hear you are on the mend! Sorry it has been such a rough road for you though. You'll have to let us all know about what it's like with RNY...just in case my band ever (dare I even speak it??) has to come out.

Leigha-glad to hear that your friend seems to be doing better.

Christie-yay for the loss!

Karen-I am def not the right person to ask about unfills...sorry. I hope that it either gets looser for you or that just a teency weency unfill will do it.

Lovin-doesn't it feel good to eat only the smallest little bit at a party and be ok with it?

Me-well, it's been kind of a roller coaster here. My PA called back and wants me to call her Weds and if I am still all burpy she want's to give me a slight unfill. I am so hesitant because I worked so hard to lose what I have lost and don't want to gain :smile2:, but on the other hand I don't want to do myself or my band any harm. I can eat just fine, I just keep burping burping burping and it's acidy. I went to an amusement park yesterday though and had NO worries about fitting on the rides :bolt:. I found out today though that something terrible happened to my husband's cousin yesterday. The poor family has already been through so much too. They lost their 10yr old son 7 years ago when he got the flu and died because of a heart condition they did not know he had. Now yesterday the dad died in a helicopter accident. All that is left now is my husband's cousin and their youngest son. It just breaks my heart because I know that she is still not doing well from losing her son 7 years ago and now her husband is gone too (he was only like 39). If any of you are religious people, please just keep the Dicksons in your prayers.

Wow--it looks like I missed some posts--even after my last post. Our thread is huge LOL

Leigha--awesome NSV at the bank! What a wonderful feeling that must have been! You've crossed that line into a full fledged skinny person :-)

Lovin'- I 100% agree with Leigha on the pics. You will be SO glad if you take "before" pics. Actually, you might even find yourself disappointed when the weight really starts dropping off that you don't have many pics from when you started on this journey. Even if you keep them to yourself and don't share them until you're ready to compare to your 'after' pics, it's such a great benchmark!

Denise--Yeah on the two guys checking you out! You know you still have it anyway, but it's so nice when you see other people noticing!

Bob--nice to see you! Welcome back!

LOL @ Christie's comment on the sliming and puking being the glamorous life. Ain't it the truth! WTG on getting those extra pesky pounds! They don't stand a chance, girl! How's Steve treating you???

To everyone that responded about my fill dilemma--still not sure what to do. I went to a party yesterday and it took me like an hour to eat a hot dog and a couple spoons of potato salad. Then I decide to have a piece of honey dew melon and I think it was past my full point because up everything else came! I honestly think that I didn't have the 'true' bandster characteristics before this because if I follow everything text book when I eat, I'm okay. I guess I haven't had to do it until now. I managed to eat a turkey burger in about 30 mins last night and did real well. We also went out for Breakfast after church this morning and I had 1/2 of a scrambled egg, 2 bites of a 1/4 rye toast slice and a few bites of potatoes and I was DONE. Holy crap, do I now have Portion Control? !?!?!?!?

SCALE VICTORY: To my surprise this morning, I weighed in thinking I didn't get enough calories in these past few days that I would actually weight more and I saw a beautiful number 159!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm out of the 160s! Holy crap!!!! I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. Thanks guys for all your humor, advice and support. No way in hell would this be possible without my core. I wish we could plan a trip to all meet one day, like a spa retreat or something. One of the people that runs my support meetings went to this spa where it was all health activities, portion controlled healthy meals and everything. It really might be something we could look into at a middle point somewhere for this motley crue. I'd just love it!!!!

We're off in the morning to take my 4 year old to the hospital for sedation to get her teeth done (apparently she has 2 cavities that are so badly infected, novocaine has no impact, so she needs to be knocked out). Wish us luck!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

[quote name='chickadee81;1499200

I found out today though that something terrible happened to my husband's cousin yesterday. The poor family has already been through so much too. They lost their 10yr old son 7 years ago when he got the flu and died because of a heart condition they did not know he had. Now yesterday the dad died in a helicopter accident. All that is left now is my husband's cousin and their youngest son. It just breaks my heart because I know that she is still not doing well from losing her son 7 years ago and now her husband is gone too (he was only like 39). If any of you are religious people' date=' please just keep the Dicksons in your prayers.[/color']

Ok...sorry it was a seaplane accident. My MIL can't get a story straight to save her life!

Cumming Pilot Killed Worked For U.S. Department of Interior - News Story - WSB Atlanta

good news: my doc told me check my sugar and if it's less than 130 not to take my meds. i haven't taken any since my surgery!:smile2:

bad news: i've gained 3lbs since my surgery. i follow the low carb diet and don't have a fill yet. my doc wanted me to lose 6lbs by the time i see him in the next two weeks. any suggestions?:bolt:

Hey--been gone for a few--wow hard to catch up!

Welcome to our newcomers. BTW I am 37 old principal (newly promoted:smile2:) I was banded in January--I have lost about 74lbs including pre-op and 30lbs before the pre-op on a six month supervised diet for a total of 100. I have had 2 fills and I am trying to wait patiently for the 3rd--but "Phil" is not happy!

Congrats on the NSV's Denise, Karen, and Leigha--hang in there Karen with fill (you know wish I had that problem). Christie--exercise a bully--love it!!

Bobbie--welcome Back and Anne!

Okay I know I mised a few, but hey trying get ready for "our future":wink2:

Edited by shadst8

OK, FINE! I GIVE UP! I ADMIT IT, the physical laws of nature work the same for me as everyone else. CRAP. I wanted to be really thin, but if I keep drinking wine but it is not going to happen. I cant lose the last 8 while pouring liquid sugar down my throat in the form of wine. Not only is it the calories but I drank wine on Saturday night and then it really messed with me during my workout Sunday morning. Double whammy!

So I am saying it out loud, I am going to stop drinking 100% for 1 month and see if that helps. (Of course it is going to help, how can it not?) I frickin paid too much money not to get what I want out of this, for heavens sake I sacrificed my boobs! I have been fighting it and trying to prove I could just work harder and eat smarter and overcome the calories but guess what? I cant.

OK, whinning is over. :)

good news: my doc told me check my sugar and if it's less than 130 not to take my meds. i haven't taken any since my surgery!:ohmy:

bad news: i've gained 3lbs since my surgery. i follow the low carb diet and don't have a fill yet. my doc wanted me to lose 6lbs by the time i see him in the next two weeks. any suggestions?:)

WTG on the meds. I can only offer sympathy on the gain, I gained weight on mushies, I didn't start losing until I was on real food. Hang in there.

Stacie-- I'm so sorry for your troubles.

Leigha- You already look fabulous! WTH would you need to lose another 8 lbs? Promise me you won't get all obsessed with that number on the scale. Unless you were holding it all in with Spanx where is that 8 lbs located?:)

Woohoo!!

Got my ticket to see Onederland on Xmas morning!!

75645-albums5318-picture38522.jpg

Love it!!!!!

You can probably market those..........

Katie

Love it!!!!!

You can probably market those..........

Katie

And have somebody sue me for false advertising because they don't get to see it :)

Thanks!!

Leigha-okay, so, if every last ounce you lose comes off the boobs are you gonna be pissed?

You are gorgeous, all extra 8 and everything, I wish you luck!

Bob, you crack me up.

Donna-YAY!!!! No meds is awesome!!!!

So, I had homemade bread and coconut cream pie at the local AARP meeting for dinner tonight (I was speaking), guess it's a good thing I'm a loose right now because OH MY that was some seriously delicious stuff!