Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

I think that I am going to sign up for a 5k in October. Most of it will be walked at a very brisk pace (because I KNOW I can walk it), but I am going to try and jog some. Plus it's in Punxsutawney! I love that town. I don't know why, but it just makes me smile when I look around and everything has groundhogs on it! (I know I am amused easily) Plus I can threaten Phil that he better not see his shadow next year :). I can't believe how much I just ate for dinner. Now I feel like crap and keep hiccaburping. Dumbass. Maybe next month is the right time for a tiny fill.

Stacie--that's awesome you're signing up for a 5k! I have been thinking about it too--don't know I'd make it the whole way, but I'm sure I could finish LOL Lots of luck!

Denise--did you schedule your fill yet? Isn't it funny how you just know you need a tweak?!? Hopefully you don't have to wait too long....

HB -- change that ticker! So few of us are normal these days LOL

NSV--so some of you have seen on FB, but I noticed my size 12 shorts were getting pretty big so I ordered a pair of size 10 off eBay to see if they fit. WOW! Boy do they! I can honestly say I am in a 10! HOLY CRAP!!! Yeah!

So, I had my 5th fill today. It's funny how you sometimes can figure out when you're ready for one. I noticed I was a teensy bit hungry in between meals and knowing it would take me at least 3 weeks to get in, I called for my appointment. It wasn't that bad, but I just knew I needed a little tweak. Sure enough, .5 ccs baby. liquids until Monday, but today hasn't been that bad. I've had 2 skinny vanilla lattes from Starbucks, a nice banana, Peanut Butter, chocolate Protein Shake, Water and will have some Jello when I get out of the pool...which is exactly where I'm going right now! Can't do any cardio tonight. I just about killed myself doing celebrity tae bo cardio with my sister last night! 43 minutes of pure hell and your eyes burning with sweat LOL

Hope everyone is having a good week. The weekend is almost here! Yeah!

WOW! Size 10 !!!! My dream size! I'm not sure I will get that small with you. I will be happy with a size 12. I'm pretty tall. The clothes are just so much nicer when you get out of the Big Mama section.

The clothes are just so much nicer when you get out of the Big Mama section.

Ugh..I soooo agree with this! And yet I find myself wandering to that section sometimes out of habit.

Karen-Congrats!! I fit myself into a pair of old 14 jeans the other day. I was sooo happy (of course they were stretch jeans, but hey you guys really didn't need to know that!)

hey Karen!! Wootwoot!! Welcome to size 10!! Oh yeah!!!!

I have not called yet :sad: Still pondering. I know a bit of it is behavior. But at the same time, I have this tool, so why not.

But I have corrected some of the behavior the past few days, so yay for me!

I'll probably ponder for a while before calling!

My very best friend (other than my husband) came to visit me at work today, my short description of him is a 72 year old, republican, baptist, man. We have nothing in common, we agree on nothing philosophical but I love him to pieces. I cant describe how much he means to me. He has not been feeling well for a few weeks and was in the hospital last week for 4 days and I thought he was doing better. But when he came over today he told me that his kidney Dr told him that if his numbers weren't better by next week they wanted him to do dialysis. He told me that he wasn't going to. He had a heart transplant 15 years ago and he said he is just tired. I am so sad. OK we do have something in common, we will not allow anyone to boss us around. If he says no to the dialysis, there is no talking him into it, come hell or high Water. Maybe he will change his mind on his own by next week, I don't know.... (If there were a crying face, I would put it here)

Oh Leigha, that is so sad. My FIL had a heart transplant and they told him the anti-rejection drugs really mess with other organs after awhile.

I'm so sorry Leigha....maybe things will be looking up a bit and it won't be an issue after all. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

My very best friend (other than my husband) came to visit me at work today, my short description of him is a 72 year old, republican, baptist, man. We have nothing in common, we agree on nothing philosophical but I love him to pieces. I cant describe how much he means to me. He has not been feeling well for a few weeks and was in the hospital last week for 4 days and I thought he was doing better. But when he came over today he told me that his kidney Dr told him that if his numbers weren't better by next week they wanted him to do dialysis. He told me that he wasn't going to. He had a heart transplant 15 years ago and he said he is just tired. I am so sad. OK we do have something in common, we will not allow anyone to boss us around. If he says no to the dialysis, there is no talking him into it, come hell or high Water. Maybe he will change his mind on his own by next week, I don't know.... (If there were a crying face, I would put it here)

Oh Leigha, I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers are with you both. I can't imagine how you must feel right now. (((HUGS))

Oh, Leigha, so sorry to hear that. As you said, maybe he will change his mind about dialysis. But from what I hear, dialysis is a drag. He will make the best decision for him

Wasn't Anne's surgery this week?????

Well, I called to make a fill appointment! After going back and forth for months and months.....only to find out that my doc wants me to do an upper GI. Which is fine. It'll give us a good check to be sure Bandit is staying where he belongs!

Due to my medical insurance they have to get pre-authorization for that and the fill, which I was expecting, but last time they let me make the fill appointment with the understanding that if the pre-auth didn't come through I'd have to wait.

But with the upper-GI, I'll need that done before the fill. So, I couldn't schedule anything yet. I am not in a huge hurry. She says looking at her breakfast....HA! My weight was up again last night. So, I better watch it and, gulp, exercise! Shoot, if I had self-control I would not have needed the band! That is one of my hubby's famous lines that he gave my surgeon right before I was banded.

So I guess the upper GI will show if my "bulimia" has caused any permanent damage :sad:

My knee and hips are acting up really bad right now (arthritis & tendonitis). But I best get over it and be a good bandster girl. My knee hurt so bad last night, I had to get out of bed to take some pain meds.

Good news at work, I am getting a promotion, but due to my circumstances (long story) it doesn't mean any more money. For my counterparts in other units it does, which is fantastic for them! Yay, they deserve it!!! But it does mean that I have to apply for my own job. Which means I have to put together a federal job bid package. Which is a pain in the rear end and very time consuming.

So, instead of an Administrative Services Coordinator, I will be a Management & Program Assistant. Ooopa ooopa. :(

Yay on the promotion, boo on the job bid thingamajiggy.

My slight unfill has reminded me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, why I have to have a band....sheesh. I've gotta get my behind in gear or I'm going to explode in the 2.5 weeks before my refill. I have NOOOOOooOOOOo self control at all. It's just pathetic (but oh how delicious was the biscuit at Red Lobster??? OHHHh how delicious).

Have a lovely weekend, hope ya'll are a cooler than we are down here!

Yay on the promotion, boo on the job bid thingamajiggy.

My slight unfill has reminded me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, why I have to have a band....sheesh. I've gotta get my behind in gear or I'm going to explode in the 2.5 weeks before my refill. I have NOOOOOooOOOOo self control at all. It's just pathetic (but oh how delicious was the biscuit at Red Lobster??? OHHHh how delicious).

Have a lovely weekend, hope ya'll are a cooler than we are down here!

Red Lobster biscuits...yummy!! Sorta the consistency of thick paste..yeah, uuber sticky! Haven't tried one of those in a while.

Are we living parallel lives at the moment? I seem to be able to eat way more right now, too. Not that I had an unfill, but......

And self-control? What is that? hee hee!

Hot? yeah, we have that. It reached 100 degrees on my patio today. Mind you, I live in a coastal area, where our house normally gets a sea breeze. Yesterday we had a thunderstorm! So, it has been hot and humid! Not the usual San Diego stuff at all! :cool: The T-Storm was cool, though.

hi guys, just found your thread. i was banded on monday. i'm over most of my pain and getting by without being too hungry. i've lost 7 lbs since monday. i'm still on full liquids till tomorrow when i get to have soft food. i started walking my 20 minutes a day. my husband even joined in yesterday and both my son and husband have gone on diets. it's amazing. i take my dog walking with me and i think he's in worse shape than i am! i'm still off from work for another week so i'm enjoying sleeping in. my first goal is to get to 250. i was there for quite a while so i have alot of clothes that fit. the next one is 230 because that is where i met my husband. my birthday is the end of march and i would like to be under 200. i haven't been under 200 since i moved to florida over 20 yrs ago! anyway, i'm getting ahead of my self. one goal at a time.

Hi Donna and welcome to the thread.I agree with you. Small goals are best. If you focus too much on the final goal it can drive you crazy!

Hi Donna, welcome!!

Your goals sound great and very reasonable!