Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Awwww Bob, that stinks!! However, been there, done that! I think almost everyone here can admit to the same. I find I have better luck with shell fish rather than actual fish. Not sure why. But If I ate what you did, the rice would be plugging up my band and not letting anything else pass. Rice hates me : ( lol

I'm sure this won't be the last time for this to happen. Just be careful, and take your time until you find out what works for YOU !

Good luck! :-)

I have SOOOOOO much to look forward to:blink:! And I say I actually am impatient to get my band????? I do remember, Bob, when you were looking forward to the sliming part! Please take it easy on yourself:crying:!

Bob-Japanese Hibachi is what kicked my ass last night too...I may avoid it again FOREVER. I'm proud of you. It took me over 3 months to have a major public PB and you've done it in a matter of weeks. I feel like such an amateur!!!

I love this board. I feel like I can come here and say whatever is bugging me (i.e. droopy bras) and no one is going to jump on my back and start yelling at me for whining. Thank you all so much for that! It's nice to have a safe haven where I can be happy or sad, corny or mad and just let it all out. :tt1:

It was painful and a little embarrassing but I am happy it happened.

Now I know what everybody is talking about and that I shouldn't eat anything in a restaurant that I haven't test driven at home.

If it is like this without a fill. I am going to be in Elfie's shoes next month.

Elfie, I think you can do 14 pounds in 5 weeks. I have faith in you. Give it your all and even if you don't get to Onederland by April 30th, you'll know you tried.

Anne, it's all part of being a Bandster. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I probably absorbed 0 calories for lunch and am not hungry. There's lost weight.

I stil have the full meal that if I am brave will be two or more meals this weekend. There's saved money.

Not to mention the bragging rights. Although many are suprised and/or disappointed that I didn't do it on purpose.

Bob--I am with you one the yucky projectile vomit thing, that happened to me, I was going to pick up a car at the auction and they have a van that they drive you to find the car that you are there to get, so I am in this van with 5 old men having a slime/stuck thing going on and trying my best not to puke in front of them. I thought I was going to pass out. Finally we got to the car I was going to get and I opened the door and projectile vomited slime/foam in front of all of them, of course then we had to go through the whole explanation of why I was sick and I finally got them reassured that I was going to live. I could have just died of embarrassment, I think the only thing that could have made that worse was if it happened in a restaurant.

My husband, Rob, just washed my motorcycle for me, its beautiful here today and I am going to take a ride when I get off work. I finally got my inspection (OK Rob went and did that too) and tags, so no excuses. I had him take a picture.

Karen--I am 152, again. I would like to be less but I really don't deserve to have lost any weight last week, I barely exercised, drank wine, etc. So no gripping allowed without full effort.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. :tt1:

post-281008-13813139199265_thumb.jpg

Hello all, new here. I must say Im starting to wonder why pb's sliming ect has never happened to me yet. I had band placed on 2-9-10 and have had 1 4cc fill. I go for my 2nd fill next friday. I hate to say it but, I have ate some things I never should and no issues???!!! Why I wonder????

I love getting to know all of you and look forward to learning from you too!! Thanks, and have a super day!!!:tt1:

Karen--Are you waiting to eat until you get hungry? Today I ate Breakfast as usual about 10 am and then I got busy at work and I couldn't eat until after 2, now I have triggered the hungry monster and he will be with me the rest of the day. If I eat when I first feel the "need to eat" then I am fine but if I wait until I am HUNGRY! then I am ravenous the rest of the day, I know when I get home tonight I will either 1. overeat and still be hungry or 2. eat the right amount and be hungry the rest of the night. I was not prepared with my Snacks and now I will pay for it tonight. It might just be me but it might help you, just a thought....

If it is like this without a fill. I am going to be in Elfie's shoes next month.

Bob,

I wear Crocs, size small, and you can have your choice of crayola purple, sunshine yellow, neon green or brilliant tangerine. Oh and I have a pair in woodland camo.

Oh god I want a pic of that! Bob in purple crocs!:eek::tt1::smile2:

pick purple! pick purple!

Now, me, I wouldn't mind walking in your tangerine ones, Elfie:tongue2:!

Laughing !! OMG, you all make my day!!

Congrats Bob on the projectile slime!

Ok whew!! Hiiiyyyaaassss everyone!!

Sorry I dropped off the planet for a couple of days.

I had computer problems with my work computer the other night, was messing with that, trying to get the dratted thing to hook up to my wireless network at home. Finally got it working, just in time for dinner. It was fine before New Orleans, where I never could get it to connect at the hotel. Then not fine when I got home, go figure.

Then yesterday, I walk in the door to my DH saying, "Honey, my computer isn't working quite right."

Ok, so before I change clothes I figure I'll take a quick peek...turn it ok, major BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

5 hours and a reformatted disc later, his computer is working, with nothing on it. Yay for me. (sigh) Computer could not find the hard drive, then when it could, it could not find windows. Good times!

Elfie, You can do it!! We are cheering you on. Good news about your friend!

Bob! Congrats on the PPB (Public PB)! :tt1: You are now a real and true Bandster! Woohoo!!

My voodoo really worked well, didn't it? My last PPB was on fish as well, and my urp into the toilet included the backsplash into the EYE!! EEEUUUUWWWW!

I think we can all understand the desire to finish what is on the plate. Even though we know we had surgery to eat less, we still want to finish it off. Frustrating and annoying.

Leigha! Great bike, sorry about the public puking. Bad thing.

Way bad.

Betsy: Congrats on ONDERLAND! You are doing so well. Truman deserves a major treat!

Butters and I made it out on Wednesday, but not yesterday or today. Tomorrow is another day. My knee has been bad of late. After all the walking in New Orleans, I have been paying for it.

Work was crazy busy this week, I had Monday off for camping, came back Tuesday after the travel for training in New Orleans last week and half the week before that off sick. Then Wednesday I had mandatory CPR training. I am sad to report that Resusci-Annie passed away. Funeral services are Monday if y'all can make it. Thursday was just a madhouse, came home wanting to just sit and relax for a bit...to the blue screen.

My boss is majorly stressed about stuff coming from above and happening from below. He hates surprises, and some of the technicians in my unit (I provide administrative support) have been surprising him lately. He's threatening to retire in 57 days when he becomes eligible, which will devistate me, because we have a fantastic work relationship. I really don't want to train a new manager!

Not real sure where my weight is at. Finished up the antibiotics for the sinus infection. They really played havoc on my system. So, will give it some time to settle down and see how it goes.

Anyway, to everyone else I missed, I've read all the posts, good to see you all!

Great pic Leigha!

And, although purple is my favorite color, I wouldn't be caught dead in Crocs!!!!